Monday in Albany

I was just scheduled for work in Albany next week, and will have to catch the Bills game at a bar, or alone in my hotel room. What bar would you recommend? I would prefer a place with sound on the television, a good viewing, a pleasant crowd. And as few Mass-holes as possible. Are there any Bills bars in the Albany area? Thank you!

The Bills Backers Locator Map shows two places north of Albany....

Bills Backers of Albany

Tailgater's Sports Tavern

1683 Rt. 9/St. John's Plaza

Clifton Park, NY

518-857-1170

Bills Backers of Southern Saratoga

Ravenswood Restaurant and Pub

1021 Route 146

Clifton Park, NY 12065, NY

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in downtown Albany and remember their being a good size sports bar (lots of TVs, several floors) a few blocks away, but I can't remember the name and Google is not helpful.

I was just scheduled for work in Albany next week, and will have to catch the Bills game at a bar, or alone in my hotel room. What bar would you recommend? I would prefer a place with sound on the television, a good viewing, a pleasant crowd. And as few Mass-holes as possible. Are there any Bills bars in the Albany area? Thank you!

Hey there. I'm a WNY'er (Kenmore) transplanted in Albany 20 years ago. Clifton Park is 20-25 minutes north of Albany, a nice community. If you're in Albany proper, Jillian's sports bar is the place to go. Many screens, plenty of space to see the game.

My son and I have watched many a bills game there, and you'll find some Bills fans there on most days. Have fun! I'll be at the game...

Andies on New Scotland!!!

Jillian's is a good place to watch the game but the food is so/so. Downtown, I would probably catch the game at Bayou Cafe, which has a nice bar and good food. If you want good wings downtown and a small pub atmosphere, I like the Hill Street Cafe on Madison Ave. (near Times Union Center). All these places will have the game on (with sound).

If you are willing to drive a little, my personal favorite is Ravenswood in Clifton Park. Good food and very reasonable drink prices. Should be some other Bills fans there but certainly fewer since the game is televised. I might head over there myself with a few other Bills Backers to watch.

Hope this helps and enjoy your stay in Albany! GO BILLS!

I've spent a lot of time in Albany for work as well.

Jillian's has walls (literally) of TVs.

Bayou is my favorite bar dowtown, it's the only place I've found in Albany that serves Molson Canadian.

Victory Cafe is the cheapest place to drink and has a good burger.

McGeary's is a Buffalo style neighborhood bar. They actually have a pretty good Beef on Weck.

They're all on or really close to Pearl St.

Lark Street might be worth a look as well. There are a couple of sports bars.

Thank you all very much for the input. I was thinking about heading up to Saratoga, but I might have been talked out of it. There was a cool sports bar on their main drag that I used to watch Sabres games at, but it doesn't sound too promising.

I might have to try to Clifton Park route. If I think it's going to be a horrible game, and I'm going to be having more than a couple "sodas" then I'll stick closer to home. I appreciate all the recommendations! Thanks! Go Bills!

I've spent a lot of time in Albany for work as well.

Jillian's has walls (literally) of TVs.

Bayou is my favorite bar dowtown, it's the only place I've found in Albany that serves Molson Canadian.

Victory Cafe is the cheapest place to drink and has a good burger.

McGeary's is a Buffalo style neighborhood bar. They actually have a pretty good Beef on Weck.

They're all on or really close to Pearl St.

Lark Street might be worth a look as well. There are a couple of sports bars.

I forgot about McGeary's. Used to go there quite a bit for lunch and after work when I was at the Leo O'Brien Federal Building. Very good food and atmosphere!