5 for thursday

Gordio

As alot of you know, I like wagering money on games. I have decided throughout the college football season to put up my five best bets every thursday. Do with them as you see fit.

1.) UNC minus 4 over Uconn - Uconn has lost some serious offensive talent from last year & went into Athens last week & barely beat a below average MAC team in Ohio. I like UNC to win the wide open ACC this year. UNC 27 - Uconn 10

2.) Texas minus 33 over Wyoming - Wyoming is a bad football team. This is listed as an away game for Texas but is actually being played in Dallas I believe. This should be no contest. Texas 59 - Wyoming 10

3.) UAB minus 11 over SMU - June Jones should of stayed on the big island. SMU mught be the worst division one team in the country. After a couple tough years, UAB is on their way back. Do not be surprised if they make a bowl this year. UAB 35- Ponies 7

4.) LSU minus 14 over Vanderbilt - Vanderbilt may not win a conference game all season. LSU got the kinks out last week in a tough atmosphere at Huskie Stadium. This one will be over by half time. LSU 49-14

The last game is not for the meek or timid. It takes us out to the horseshoe for a saturday night game in Columbus. This game has got national implications & most of the nation should be watching. OSU wins this & it will instantly give credibility to a program that has been ridiculed over the last few years for showing up in the big game. As usual USC is as talented as anybody. Their freshman qb played well last week but this week will be a totally different animal. Night game in Columbus does not get anymore intimidating then that. Barkley will show his inexperience & the difference will be Pryor. Tight game but I see OSU coming out on top - 17-14. Ohio State is plus 7.

As alot of you know, I like wagering money on games. I have decided throughout the college football season to put up my five best bets every thursday. Do with them as you see fit.

1.) UNC minus 4 over Uconn - Uconn has lost some serious offensive talent from last year & went into Athens last week & barely beat a below average MAC team in Ohio. I like UNC to win the wide open ACC this year. UNC 27 - Uconn 10

2.) Texas minus 33 over Wyoming - Wyoming is a bad football team. This is listed as an away game for Texas but is actually being played in Dallas I believe. This should be no contest. Texas 59 - Wyoming 10

3.) UAB minus 11 over SMU - June Jones should of stayed on the big island. SMU mught be the worst division one team in the country. After a couple tough years, UAB is on their way back. Do not be surprised if they make a bowl this year. UAB 35- Ponies 7

4.) LSU minus 14 over Vanderbilt - Vanderbilt may not win a conference game all season. LSU got the kinks out last week in a tough atmosphere at Huskie Stadium. This one will be over by half time. LSU 49-14

The last game is not for the meek or timid. It takes us out to the horseshoe for a saturday night game in Columbus. This game has got national implications & most of the nation should be watching. OSU wins this & it will instantly give credibility to a program that has been ridiculed over the last few years for showing up in the big game. As usual USC is as talented as anybody. Their freshman qb played well last week but this week will be a totally different animal. Night game in Columbus does not get anymore intimidating then that. Barkley will show his inexperience & the difference will be Pryor. Tight game but I see OSU coming out on top - 17-14. Ohio State is plus 7.

Love the first two as well..but must have full disclosure here and say I loved NC State last week giving 5. :pirate::D

My gut tells me Ohio State gets blown off the field again..but that true freshman QB in Columbus is hard to bet. I think this game started at 4 and moved to 7 yes??? And, it has the possibility of moving to 8 I think...I will not bet this game, but wish I could have seen that middle coming..I would have jumped on that

Love the first two as well..but must have full disclosure here and say I loved NC State last week giving 5. :unsure::wallbash:

:lol: I really like his first two as well and did the same thing as you with NC State last week. Maybe I was just too excited to bet the first game of the year, but I really thought Russell Wilson was better than that. Didn't have much time to throw in the game, though. Luckily Norte Dame and Bama both played damn well and covered for me. That Texas game seems almost too easy. I just hope they don't get up TOO big in the first half and coast through the 2nd half with vanilla plays and some starters on the bench. That's what killed me in the Penn St. game Saturday. Had the spread covered by half-time and they let AKRON outscore them in the 2nd half in Happy Valley :wallbash: . However, it is being played in Wyoming FYI. Not like it's a tough place to into for the Longhorns, though.

I really don't know if Ohio St. has the athletes on defense to keep up with USC (especially McKnight, Johnson, and Gable running the ball) on Saturday night. Offensively, I think Pryor will move the ball a bit by creating a lot on his own, but I don't know how many holes Herron is going to get against USC. Especially considering their O-line wasn't exactly blowing Navy off the blocks last Saturday. FWIW, I'm leaning the other way on this one. I think USC's huge edge in talent on both sides of the ball, particularly in the trenches and at RB, will mask the fact that Barkely is a freshman enough for it to be a 14-20 point win for the Trojans.

:unsure: I really like his first two as well and did the same thing as you with NC State last week. Maybe I was just too excited to bet the first game of the year, but I really thought Russell Wilson was better than that.

Thats my problem with State, i know Russell and prolly let that affect my thinking on the game. Just like evry year I say not betting on da Bills, then always convince myself at least once I love them in X game..then they have another blowout loss

Thats my problem with State, i know Russell and prolly let that affect my thinking on the game. Just like evry year I say not betting on da Bills, then always convince myself at least once I love them in X game..then they have another blowout loss

I took State to last thursday. I thought the qb was going to be better but you could see that SC had the better athletes. Tough to beat SEC team speed on defense.

Not a good start...

1-3-1 not very good. I actually did win $30 on saturday, but with saying that my five for thursday needs to do better & it will this week. That I promise you.

Yep, seoson not starting good for me either . Only plus was I almost pulled the trigger on GT Thursday, and was just stewing watching GT go up 24-0 in the 1st half. So I am taking that *non-loss* as a positive omen into next week.(well and SD tonight)

Yep, seoson not starting good for me either . Only plus was I almost pulled the trigger on GT Thursday, and was just stewing watching GT go up 24-0 in the 1st half. So I am taking that *non-loss* as a positive omen into next week.(well and SD tonight)

I want to throw $100 on the patriots tonight but I just do not think I could bring myself to do it. For some unknown reason, I kinda like the raiders in the late game tonight.

Gotta love the gamblers logic... :thumbsup:

I want to throw $100 on the patriots tonight but I just do not think I could bring myself to do it. For some unknown reason, I kinda like the raiders in the late game tonight.

Well, I need SD's Defense to produce 2 points to win my fanyasy game this week. So take the Raiders big...

I love Buffalo +10.5 tonight. Even if it is for no other reason that no one, not even Bills fans, give them a chance. I think Buffalo is much better then they have shown. And we will see how the Pats and their 32 ranked secondary are this year. The key is to pressure Brady. IMO Jauron will have his players ready to play tonight. And tonight is Action Freddy Jackson's coming out party to the those outside western NY. I expect a big game from him

I love Buffalo +10.5 tonight. Even if it is for no other reason that no one, not even Bills fans, give them a chance. I think Buffalo is much better then they have shown. And we will see how the Pats and their 32 ranked secondary are this year. The key is to pressure Brady. IMO Jauron will have his players ready to play tonight. And tonight is Action Freddy Jackson's coming out party to the those outside western NY. I expect a big game from him

winner winner chicken dinner. Sucks the Bills lost but that line was a gift. As was the Raiders line. I put $100 on Buffalo and should of parlayed it with the Raiders

Okay another 5 for thursday.

Pick of the week - Bowling Green minus 3 over marshall - Marshall is a bad team that got beat up pretty good last week. BG looked good in a win against Troy in the opener & gave Missouri all they could handle in Columbus. BG 31 - marshall 14

Northwestern minus 3 over Syracuse - Hate to go against Syracuse but this is a talentless team & it is only going to get worse this year. I do not understand the point of bringing in Paulus for one year. Northwestern 35 - Cuse 17

Boston College + 6.5 over Clemson - Always scary to go into Death valley but I will take the points in this historically close rivalry. BC 24 - Clemson 21

Middle Tenn +6.5 over Maryland - There is no two ways to describe this. In the ACC, both Maryland & Virginia are bad, really bad. I am going against them every week until they prove me wrong.

Troy -6.5 over UAB - Home opener for an athletic Troy team that should give them a boost. Playing a team like UAB should also give them a boost. They could not even beat SMU last week at home.

I know noone is probably looking at this post anyways but I am going to keep posting in hopes of making my fellow wallers some money one of these weeks.

Thursday Night Special -

Ole Miss -3.5 over SC - always scary to bet against the home dog on thursday night but we are going to tempt fate. If Ole Miss is a top 10 team & have real aspirations of winning the SEC/National Championship they need to prove it tonight. Snead goes off on the national spotlight. Ole Miss 31 - SC 17

Bowling Green + 17 over Bosie St - even though they lost to marshall last week, this BG team is decent. They almost beat Missouri in Columbus & they gave Boise St all they could handle last year on the blue carpet.

Boise St 24-BG 17

Auburn -33 over Ball St - The offense is back at Auburn. They should have their way this week as ball St may just be the worst team in MAC if not in all of Division 1a football. Auburn 58- Ball St 10

Pick of the week - Oregon St -2 over Arizona - Home cooking prevails. Will be a tough game but the PAC 10 is wide open after the men of troy lost last week. oregon st needs to take care of business at home as they travel to the desert next week to take on Arizona St. Oregon ST 28 - Arizona 14

Suckers bet of the week - Stanford -7 over Washington - This line just does not seem right. Wash, the team that beat 3rd ranked USC last week getting 7 against an average Stanford team. You think the boys in Vegas know something? My gut tells me they do, my gut also suggests that Stanford wins going away. Stanford 35- Washington 17

I know noone is probably looking at this post anyways but I am going to keep posting in hopes of making my fellow wallers some money one of these weeks.

Pick of the week - Oregon St -2 over Arizona - Home cooking prevails. Will be a tough game but the PAC 10 is wide open after the men of troy lost last week. oregon st needs to take care of business at home as they travel to the desert next week to take on Arizona St. Oregon ST 28 - Arizona 14

The Beavers didn't light up the lights in last week's U of CIN tilt. Ore.St was at home, and the way the sun played over the stadium cost UCin a couple of deep receptions. Canfield suffered 5 sacks...the Cin rush wasn't dealt with very well by the OL, and the very talented Rodgers brothers were effectively held in check.

I don't mean to crow about Cin - but the final score differential could have been wider.

The Beavers didn't light up the lights in last week's U of CIN tilt. Ore.St was at home, and the way the sun played over the stadium cost UCin a couple of deep receptions. Canfield suffered 5 sacks...the Cin rush wasn't dealt with very well by the OL, and the very talented Rodgers brothers were effectively held in check.

I don't mean to crow about Cin - but the final score differential could have been wider.

Cincy has a real good team this year. It is too bad they did not schedule a high profile game this year because if they did & won they could be in the national title discussion. They are a legit top 10 team & should roll thru the big east this year. The one Rodgers brother was nursing a sprain ankle. Canfield needs to play better this week or they will not beat Arizona.

Well the losing continues in my house. honestly can Ole Miss look any worse? What a bunch of frauds. F snead, I hope he played himself right out of the first round last night. They got Alabama coming up in a couple weeks, good luck with that. Well hopefully the other ones will come in saturday. Tentatively like Nevada +7 tonight.

I maybe the only guy that reads this thread but I am still going to shoot out the winners.LOL

Pick of the week - Bowling Green minus 3 over Ohio - Betting 101, Bowling creates mismatches all over the field on offense for this undermanned Ohio defense. BG 31 - Ohio 10

Central Michigan minus 8 over UB(sorry Promo) - The house that gill built is in full turmoil. CM is borderline top 25 team & Their QB right now is ranked 2 among senior qbs, one spot ahead of Tebow on the draft charts. CM 42-UB 27

Washington +12.5 over Notre Dame - This is going to be an up & down year for Udub bhut I see them bouncing back this week. Oh yeah, the #1 ranked qb among seniors is Jake Locker, washington's signal caller. Washington 27 - ND 24

Fl St -4 over Boston College - Getting away from Tallahassee will do the noles good. Simple case of FSU just has too much talent for BC who really do not have a qb. FSU 35- BC 20

Clemosn minus 13 over Maryland - I said last week I am going to keep going against Maryland until that fat f*ck Friedgen proves me wrong. Clemson 31- Maryland 3

I maybe the only guy that reads this thread but I am still going to shoot out the winners.LOL

Pick of the week - Bowling Green minus 3 over Ohio - Betting 101, Bowling creates mismatches all over the field on offense for this undermanned Ohio defense. BG 31 - Ohio 10

Central Michigan minus 8 over UB(sorry Promo) - The house that gill built is in full turmoil. CM is borderline top 25 team & Their QB right now is ranked 2 among senior qbs, one spot ahead of Tebow on the draft charts. CM 42-UB 27

Washington +12.5 over Notre Dame - This is going to be an up & down year for Udub bhut I see them bouncing back this week. Oh yeah, the #1 ranked qb among seniors is Jake Locker, washington's signal caller. Washington 27 - ND 24

Fl St -4 over Boston College - Getting away from Tallahassee will do the noles good. Simple case of FSU just has too much talent for BC who really do not have a qb. FSU 35- BC 20

Clemosn minus 13 over Maryland - I said last week I am going to keep going against Maryland until that fat f*ck Friedgen proves me wrong. Clemson 31- Maryland 3

I was going to post after last weeks collapse, but I thought maybe you'd give up and I'd let the topic fade away. But props to you for sticking with it, hopefully one of these weeks you get over .500. I do like most of the picks this week.

I was going to post after last weeks collapse, but I thought maybe you'd give up and I'd let the topic fade away. But props to you for sticking with it, hopefully one of these weeks you get over .500. I do like most of the picks this week.

It is going to take me alot more losing & embarassment to kill this thread.

I have actually held my own so far this year with the book. It is just that the five I usually give out here lose. Ah well, hopefully the gambling degenerates on this board(& you know who you are) have faith in me & we could all make some money this weekend. Went 1-1 yesterday. Got a miracle cover on the over for WV/Col & lost on Southern Miss.

It is going to take me alot more losing & embarassment to kill this thread.

I have actually held my own so far this year with the book. It is just that the five I usually give out here lose. Ah well, hopefully the gambling degenerates on this board(& you know who you are) have faith in me & we could all make some money this weekend. Went 1-1 yesterday. Got a miracle cover on the over for WV/Col & lost on Southern Miss.

I have by far had the worst start to a season I have ever had. Think my problem is I am playing to many games this year, so I am cutting way back starting this week, like to none LOL. Well, to be honest have gone thru half my bankrol wifey poo lets me bet every year, so realy don't have much choice :wallbash::D (isn't it fun to listen to her every Sunday night).

Anyway, on the Maryland thing, I hear ya. I have made a lot of money betting select Maryland games over the years(always as them as a dog and playing the moneyline)..but they are just too bad this year.

BTW , WTF are the Bills doing as favorites this week??? That has ne stumped..think a lot of sharpies jumping on the Dolphins this week.

I have by far had the worst start to a season I have ever had. Think my problem is I am playing to many games this year, so I am cutting way back starting this week, like to none LOL. Well, to be honest have gone thru half my bankrol wifey poo lets me bet every year, so realy don't have much choice :wallbash::D (isn't it fun to listen to her every Sunday night).

Anyway, on the Maryland thing, I hear ya. I have made a lot of money betting select Maryland games over the years(always as them as a dog and playing the moneyline)..but they are just too bad this year.

BTW , WTF are the Bills doing as favorites this week??? That has ne stumped..think a lot of sharpies jumping on the Dolphins this week.

My wife does not like me betting & she constantly reminds me of how bad I am at it but she really can not say anything since we have been married, I have never asked her once for money to pay for my bets.

I agree with the bills, they should not be giving anybody points on the road. If Penny was playing I maybe jump on the phins but I just do not know what Henne brings to the table. I always was unimpressed with him at Michigan.

Maryland is bad this year(I mean they are the worst team among the BCS conferences) & so is Virginia although Virginia has been playing a little better as of late. I really do not know how Maryland got so bad but I have been capitalizing on it. They have not even come close to covering a spread yet.

Good idea.

Let the Bills move, then we don't have to worry about football!

Although I suppose the argument is "we already bought them, thats all Ralph cares about"

Well 1-4 again this week. Much like the bills I really suck, lost $240 in the college saturday. Won $110 back today. Got SD in the nightcap for a hundo, we will see how that works out. Oh yeah, one more thing, I think I am in love with Dick jauron.

Well 1-4 again this week. Much like the bills I really suck, lost $240 in the college saturday. Won $110 back today. Got SD in the nightcap for a hundo, we will see how that works out. Oh yeah, one more thing, I think I am in love with Dick jauron.

Well, this is the way things are going fro me this year. My previous post here said have made a lot of money playing the Terps as underdogs on the moneyline in the past....but I am not playing this week...guess what happens..

Well, this is the way things are going fro me this year. My previous post here said have made a lot of money playing the Terps as underdogs on the moneyline in the past....but I am not playing this week...guess what happens..

Yeah, lost sd last night so ended up losing $240 for the week. Ah, the baseball playoffs are coming up this week, maybe I will have some luck in that.

Alright, we are going to try to get it right this week.

Pick of the week - New Mexico ST +13 over Utah ST - 2 really bad teams, I will take the points.

Wisconsin +16 over Ohio ST - Something tells me this fundamentally sound Wisky team keeps it close in the horseshoe

Ohio ST 21 - Wisconsin 14

Ohio minus 4 over Akron - Have not had much luck in the MAC this year. Akron is a team in turmoil.

Ohio 31 - Akron 10

Washington +3 over Arizona - The up & down season continues for Locker & the boys.

Washington 28 - Arizona 17

Indiana + 7 over Virginia - I know Virginia won last week & they have been playing better, however they should not be giving anybody 7pts, let alon a 1/2 way decent team from Bloomington.

Indiana 20 - Virginia 17

I am toying with the idea of taking the Bills -6 this week. The Bills have made me $150 so far this year. 6-0 on the NFL so far!

I like the bills today. Unless they have totally packed in for jauron they should win this one big. May take them too.

I like the bills today. Unless they have totally packed in for jauron they should win this one big. May take them too.

I took Buffalo 5x. I loved Detroit and KC today too. Kicking myself for not taking KC. We will see if Buffalo covers. We need TD's!

Just got home from watching the yanks/angels game. I will shoot these out & see how we do.

Oklahoma +4 over Txas - something does not seem right about this game. I think Bradford is going to have a big day.

Bowling Green -3 over Ball ST - Ball St just maybe the worst team in division 1. Oh wait, I forgot about Western Kentucky.

UB minus 9 over Akron - Akron is a team in dissarray. Like UB big here.

Army +10 over temple - Temple should not be giving anybody 10pts

Utah -14 over UNLV - UNLV has given up 122 pts the last 2 weeks. Been on a pretty good role, won $120 over the weekend & I am 6-0 so far this week(Miami over the Jets, Louis Monroe over Ark ST, Tulsa over Boise, Philly in game 1, cincy over usf, dodgers in game 2) had $50 on each game so this could be the start of getting the money train rolling. Heres hoppin that everybody hits the book hard this weekend. I am going to bed & passing out, wife is not talking to me so looks like I am sleeping on the couch tonight. Night everyone.

If I do say so myself, I have been red hot especially in the baseball playoffs the last few weeks. The college football I have been holding my own & have been doing very well in the NFL also. So I will try to get out 5 winners this week as the holdiay season is fast approaching & I know everybody could use the extra money this time of year.

Pick of the week - Idaho +16 over nevada - this idaho team has made me alot of money this year & I do not think it will stop in Reno. Their coach has this team believing that they will receive a bowl bid this year & at 6-1 they are already bowl eligable. Still need to impress the bowl committees though. Close game, I think they pull it out in the end.

Idaho 27

Nevada 24

Washington +10 over Oregon - Never easy to play in Husky stadium, getting the 10 I see great value in this line.

Oregon 20

Washington 17

Toledo -2 over Temple - I think Toledo has too much fire power for Temple to keep up

Toledo 35

Temple 24

Kansas St -4.5 over Colorado - Kansas with Nebraska losing last week, controls their own destiny for the right to get their asses kicked against Texas in the big 12 championship

Kansas 35

Colorado 17

Boise St -25 over Hawaii - There was a time when no matter what program you were, going to the big island in all likelyhood meant coming home with a loss. Times have changed, this Hawaii team is bad. Boise needs to win & win big to stay ahead of TCU for a BCS invitation.

Should be a good weekend of college football, looking forward to it. Hope everyone hits the book hard this week.