Earning the nickname "Rock"

Dennis in NC

From the article about Daimon Shelton:

“Rock’s like a guard back there. Rock’s been laying guys out,” right guard Chris Villarrial explained. “I played with Rock in Chicago and he’s playing some of the best football I’ve seen him play. If he keeps that up I think he’ll be a Pro Bowler this year.”

That’s the ultimate compliment from a guy who knows a thing or two about blocking.

How great to have a blocking back that has earned the nickname "Rock"! And he can catch the ball.

“Rock’s like a guard back there. Rock’s been laying guys out,” right guard Chris Villarrial explained. “I played with Rock in Chicago and he’s playing some of the best football I’ve seen him play. If he keeps that up I think he’ll be a Pro Bowler this year.”

That’s the ultimate compliment from a guy who knows a thing or two about blocking.

How great to have a blocking back that has earned the nickname "Rock"!  And he can catch the ball.

113945[/snapback]

Sounds like he's laying it on pretty thick. Maybe trying to get the name to catch on for him?

We'll see if the announcers pick up on it Sunday night.

How great to have a blocking back that has earned the nickname "Rock"!  And he can catch the ball.

113945[/snapback]

He's certainly looked much better blocking for WM than he did for TH. I think part of that is him knocking the rust off after his long layoff.

He's certainly looked much better blocking for WM than he did for TH.  I think part of that is him knocking the rust off after his long layoff.

113978[/snapback]

No doubt. The first few games he looked rather, well, crappy...seems to be playing much better of late.

I'll chime in on that and say yep, he's done well recently as have a few others.

Before I'm going to buy that case of Doritos and Quarter Key of Heineken for home delivery in January though, I'm going to wait and see if the boys are really getting their stevestojan together, or if they're just triffling with my affections again. :D

He's certainly looked much better blocking for WM than he did for TH.  I think part of that is him knocking the rust off after his long layoff.

113978[/snapback]

That, and WM's patience in allowing his guys to lay a hat on the D -and then properly reading those blocks, has made all of the run blocking look better.