You know the Buffalo Bills are gonna suck this year when....

BILLS #1

We aren't "going to be" terrible. We are terrible. We are slowly becoming a joke in the NFL.

Before blindly questioning those who know we're going to be bad, please provide some reasoning as to why you think we have a chance to be better than "poor".

Tell the truth, Steve: at this point you have to be thinking, "I came back for this ?!?!?"

You know the Buffalo Bills are gonna suck this year when.....you fire your OC, cut your starting LT twice in the same offseason and one of those times is 6 days away from the opener, DJ is still HC, 3 guys on the O-Line have never started in the NFL, you move your RG to RT, your starting O didn't score a TD in the pre-season, your QB can't throw the ball more than 10 yards, your starting RB is out 1st 3 weeks, your D is avg at best, and your owner calls to meet with the HC and other members of the team.

Fixed it for ya. Otherwise, spot on!

If there is anyone else here that feels the way I do, speak (or type) now.

I love the Bills. I will never, ever root for any other team. Ever. Period. True story. Scout's honor.

With that said, I can be equally critical of my team as well as enthusiastic when they are not performing to my expectations. If I decide I want the Bills to fail, it's with the hope that they are dismantled and rebuilt with a more positive outcome as a result. I want us to go 19-0 this season but if they are going to go out and lay an egg every weekend, then go stink up the place so that drastic measures are taken to help improve this team. I'm sick of mediocrity: 7-9, 7-9, 7-9,..... :unsure:

We aren't "going to be" terrible. We are terrible. We are slowly becoming a joke in the NFL.

Before blindly questioning those who know we're going to be bad, please provide some reasoning as to why you think we have a chance to be better than "poor".

1) People love to overreact. Nothign is ever as bad or as good as you think it is.

2) Our defense has potential to be really good amd showed the ability to cause turnovers.

3) Josh reed is a terrible #2 receiver who we have tried to replace the last 2 seasons. We have the leading td receiver the last 3 years who has only played one game.

4) The oline will progress.

5) Vegas didn't create by the masses being right. If everyone on this board predicts the under in wins, I'm going over.

He already did. He stated that the masses think the team will be bad, and that the masses are stupid and generally wrong. Ergo, the team will be good! :unsure:

Let's see where else that logic can get us. The masses think it will be cold in the winter and warm in the summer. The masses are stupid and generally wrong. Ergo, I should open my pool in the middle of January, and have my snow blower ready to go come July!

On a somewhat more serious note, he later provided better, more well thought-out reasons why this team might do better than most fans expect. And, in fairness to both sides of this question, there are a lot of unknowns here:

1) How well will the offensive line gel over the course of the season?

2) Will we get the good Trent or the bad Trent?

3) How well will Alex van Pelt do as an offensive coordinator? (Or, technically, as the "passing game coordinator"?)

4) How much of a problem is it that we have a passing game coordinator and a running game coordinator, but no offensive coordinator or quarterback coach?

5) How quickly can rookies such as Maybin, Byrd, and Levitre adapt to the pro game, and begin making solid contributions?

6) Will our opponents be as good as they appear to be on paper?

7) How much time does Bell need to recover from his back injury, and how well will he play once he does so?

Without knowing the answers to these questions, it's easy to imagine the team doing as well as 7-9, or as poorly as 2-14.

1) People love to overreact. Nothign is ever as bad or as good as you think it is.

2) Our defense has potential to be really good amd showed the ability to cause turnovers.

3) Josh reed is a terrible #2 receiver who we have tried to replace the last 2 seasons. We have the leading td receiver the last 3 years who has only played one game.

4) The oline will progress.

5) Vegas didn't create by the masses being right. If everyone on this board predicts the under in wins, I'm going over.

I'll take those odds.

i'm going under in wins, how much do you want to put on the table?

You know the Buffalo Bills are gonna suck this year when.....you fire your OC, cut your starting LT, DJ is still HC, 3 guys on the O-Line have never started in the NFL, you move your RG to RT, your starting O didn't score a TD in the pre-season, your QB can't throw the ball more than 10 yards, your starting RB is out 1st 3 weeks, your D is avg at best, and your owner calls to meet with the HC and other members of the team.

In a nutshell. :rolleyes: