What one Philly reporter thinks of the Bills

Max997

Wish they'd write about their own team. But I guess they're just trying to put things into perspective. You know your team's a joke when others use it to make themselves feel better about their own team. Geez.

Although that was the first I had read about AVP being "nervous" about the promotion.

Out driving yesterday I heard two radio personalities say the same thing. They are predicting the Bills to go 3 - 13. It seems the decision to retain Jauron continues to snowball in the wrong direction.

I think the Bills train wrecked a long time ago.. Dick Jauron is still trying to figure out how to drive in a railroad spike.

Wish they'd write about their own team. But I guess they're just trying to put things into perspective. You know your team's a joke when others use it to make themselves feel better about their own team. Geez.

Although that was the first I had read about AVP being "nervous" about the promotion.

Philly reporters are like all other reporters and are obsessed with TO and his first point was that even though the Bills fired their OC it had nothing to do with TO

Yes, because signing Vick wasn't an act of desperation. :rolleyes:

how exactly was signing Vick an act of desperation?...i think it was a stupid signing but certainly not one of desperation

First I had heard about that as well. Not exactly the best mindset to have heading into your first days of being an offensive coordinator in this league.

What a trash, out of context article. AVP was asked if he was nervous, and he said of course he was, but was also excited about the opportunity. This is what he was hoping for (the chance to be an OC, not the circumstances leading up to it) and it comes on MNF with little preparation. I'd be nervous, too. On top of that this schlub claims with a definitive voice that Ralph ordered the firing, and acts as though he has some pipeline into OBD that our local media doesn't. Finally, he states that the Bills are in disarray like it's a revelation. Cover your own team, likely poorly, and leave ours alone, douchebag.

Out driving yesterday I heard two radio personalities say the same thing. They are predicting the Bills to go 3 - 13. It seems the decision to retain Jauron continues to snowball in the wrong direction.

I think the Bills train wrecked a long time ago.. Dick Jauron is still trying to figure out how to drive in a railroad spike.

[/quot

Yes. This thing came apart last year when division play started. Once the league got a read on Turk, Trent and Dick there was no counter-punch. To me this was the most damnable offense with keeping Dick. He went 2-8 down the stretch last year. That was more than enough time to prove his mettle.

Jeff Fisher went 13-3 with Kerry Collins. Ralph gets what he deserves for not bringing in a proven NFL winner. Unfortunately we are all along for the ride.

best quote of the article

"This is a reminder that with all the uncertainty surrounding the Eagles as they head toward the regular season, there are some real train wrecks out there in the NFL. Be glad your team isn't one of them."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/And_It...ult_--_Yet.html

Why don't you go and read the Courier Post. You do live in Jersey

Signing Vick really wasn't an act of desperation. The eagles have a QB and a running back. Vick is a luxury for the Eagles.

how exactly was signing Vick an act of desperation?...i think it was a stupid signing but certainly not one of desperation

Reid, Banner, and Heckert are on the hot seat this year and they know it. The loss of DC Jimmy Johnson, along with Brian Dawkins who was considered the leader and heart and soul of the defense, along with starting MLB Stewart Bradley, are big losses on defense. On offense, the O-line is unsettled with Peters and the Andrews brothers battling injuries (and in Shawn's case, possibly depression) and Brian Westbrook's availability is in question. Vick has TONS of baggage, hasn't played in over 2 years, and he's a QB and has had some success, while McNabb was benched last year and the boo birds could come out quickly should the offense struggle, leading to a QB controversy. Moreover, when they signed him, he was supposed to miss 5 games. That's why I say it was an act of desperation.

Philly reporters are like all other reporters and are obsessed with TO and his first point was that even though the Bills fired their OC it had nothing to do with TO

That's why I thought it was odd. It actually had nothing to do with TO.

Why don't you go and read the Courier Post. You do live in Jersey

what does that have to do with anything? i also live about 10 mins from Philly

What a trash, out of context article. AVP was asked if he was nervous, and he said of course he was, but was also excited about the opportunity. This is what he was hoping for (the chance to be an OC, not the circumstances leading up to it) and it comes on MNF with little preparation. I'd be nervous, too. On top of that this schlub claims with a definitive voice that Ralph ordered the firing, and acts as though he has some pipeline into OBD that our local media doesn't. Finally, he states that the Bills are in disarray like it's a revelation. Cover your own team, likely poorly, and leave ours alone, douchebag.

its been said by more then one person that this was Ralph's decision and honestly, do you think it wasnt?

Yes. This thing came apart last year when division play started. Once the league got a read on Turk, Trent and Dick there was no counter-punch. To me this was the most damnable offense with keeping Dick. He went 2-8 down the stretch last year. That was more than enough time to prove his mettle.

Jeff Fisher went 13-3 with Kerry Collins. Ralph gets what he deserves for not bringing in a proven NFL winner. Unfortunately we are all along for the ride.

their problems had nothing to do with the league getting a read on Dick or Turk, they hit the tough part of their schedule and crumbled...their 4-0 start came against garbage teams

Reid, Banner, and Heckert are on the hot seat this year and they know it. The loss of DC Jimmy Johnson, along with Brian Dawkins who was considered the leader and heart and soul of the defense, along with starting MLB Stewart Bradley, are big losses on defense. On offense, the O-line is unsettled with Peters and the Andrews brothers battling injuries (and in Shawn's case, possibly depression) and Brian Westbrook's availability is in question. Vick has TONS of baggage, hasn't played in over 2 years, and he's a QB and has had some success, while McNabb was benched last year and the boo birds could come out quickly should the offense struggle, leading to a QB controversy. Moreover, when they signed him, he was supposed to miss 5 games. That's why I say it was an act of desperation.

Reid and Banner are not on the hot seat and wont be going anywhere no matter what happens this year...they are coming off a season where they made the NFC championship game and are considered a top contender in the NFC again

Dawkins played well down the stretch and in the playoffs last year but he didnt have a good season and was clearly showing his age and the Birds let him go because of it which they've done to several players before him and always seem to get it right when letting older players mve on

McNabb was yanked in one game when they were trailing 10-0 at halftime and although it was a mistake for that game McNabb and their season changed after that game

That's why I thought it was odd. It actually had nothing to do with TO.

they love to bring up TO even when a story has nothing to do with him

He said nervous but excited. In context, it came across as very reasonable.

YEAH, !@#$er!! :rolleyes:

best quote of the article

"This is a reminder that with all the uncertainty surrounding the Eagles as they head toward the regular season, there are some real train wrecks out there in the NFL. Be glad your team isn't one of them."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/And_It...ult_--_Yet.html

set your watches....oh gosssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....can you imagine if TO gets ignored like Evans did last year for games at a time???...actually it may be a lot of fun in a twisted kinda way

its been said by more then one person that this was Ralph's decision and honestly, do you think it wasnt?

Honestly, I don't think it was Ralph's decision. I think DJ weighed his options which were 1) go into the season with TS as OC and almost unquestionably lose your job by week 5 OR 2) fire TS (who by his own admission had significant philisophical differences with DJ) and take your chances with AVP, and still likely lose your job.

This move reeks of desperation. RW is known to have wanted it at the end of last season. But from RW's standpoint, the timing makes even less sense. It would be like sabotaging the team you own on the eve of the season.

On top of that, TS goes on record ripping DJ after the firing. Then Ralph flies them all to MI to talk about it afterward. Seems more likely to me that this meeting was RW getting everyone in a room and asking WTF are you doing to my team... not something he would have to do if it was him making the call.

Take a look at this article and see if you think DJ didn't have reason to make this move on his own:

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/12171445