What s the deadline for teams to make their cutdown

Estro

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no, that's 53, plus Hardy and Lynch.

sorry couldn't come back with a list as I had to write.

i expect Stupar, in particular, to get some attention from other teams, with the Bills likely hoping they can practice squad him. ... i think Cary Harris is also a practice squad candidate. Bowen was a slight surprise, but not really because the Bills were high on Palmer. And Bowen is eligible for practice squad.

and i think at least one poster might be disappointed with Etukeren not making the team ahead of Maybin. ... :wallbash:

jw

If Palmer hadn't been able to make it back for the Detroit game, I wonder if they would've tried to sneak him onto the practice squad. You're right, though -- he jumped ahead of Bowen as soon as they hit the field at SJF. Think someone probably would've put in a claim for him, as I suspect they will for Stupar; I don't think his night vs. the Lions was rough enough to counter all the good film he'd been piling up before then.

And when Jack called me from the stadium store the other night to tell me that No. 71 jerseys were on sale -- Peters, not Etukeren, of course -- I have to say I was sorely tempted ... :wallbash:

If Palmer hadn't been able to make it back for the Detroit game, I wonder if they would've tried to sneak him onto the practice squad. You're right, though -- he jumped ahead of Bowen as soon as they hit the field at SJF. Think someone probably would've put in a claim for him, as I suspect they will for Stupar; I don't think his night vs. the Lions was rough enough to counter all the good film he'd been piling up before then.

And when Jack called me from the stadium store the other night to tell me that No. 71 jerseys were on sale -- Peters, not Etukeren, of course -- I have to say I was sorely tempted ... :wallbash:

Bills were high on Palmer going back as far as minicamps. he did shine on a few occasions in camp.

funny story: a good friend from a national publication was in town making the rounds of camps, when he asked me who i might think might be a surprise keeper. i said Palmer. not 5 minutes later, Palmer makes this crunching hit on a running back 2 yards behind the line that gets everyone's attention.

what timing!

jw