Travis Henry to the Raiders

bluenews

The link doesn't speculate on Henry-to-the-Raiders specifically, just on Henry's worth and the fact that the Raiders are one of many teams looking for an RB.

I wouldn't put much stock in Henry-to-Raiders rumors anyway. Ralph has been burned in both of his trades with Al Davis -- first by trading Daryle Lamonica to Oakland for Tom Flores and the damaged-goods Art Powell, and then by sending a draft pick there for Billy Joe Gunrack. After the Lamonica trade Ralph was so steamed he vowed he'd never trade with Davis again, and he didn't, until John Butler apparently convinced him that Billy Joe was a fine young man. That dog didn't hunt either.

The link doesn't speculate on Henry-to-the-Raiders specifically, just on Henry's worth and the fact that the Raiders are one of many teams looking for an RB.

I wouldn't put much stock in Henry-to-Raiders rumors anyway.  Ralph has been burned in both of his trades with Al Davis -- first by trading Daryle Lamonica to Oakland for Tom Flores and the damaged-goods Art Powell, and then by sending a draft pick there for Billy Joe Gunrack.  After the Lamonica trade Ralph was so steamed he vowed he'd never trade with Davis again, and he didn't, until John Butler apparently convinced him that Billy Joe was a fine young man.  That dog didn't hunt either.

113303[/snapback]

sorry....read the whole article!!!!

nice article...the kind of thing i put in a folder and pull out in March when i am dying for fantasy football info.

however they forgot to list Rudi Johnson....and i think he will be the main RB that will prevent the Bills from getting a top draft pick for Travis Henry....since Johnson will likely be signed by one of those teams before Henry is delt for a draft pick.

IMHO

ricky williams is going to the raiders, its the only team that can handle him, and i think ive seen that he wants to go there.

i think the best bet IF we trade henry is to the lions...

There will be better options on the market than Henry.

Notable 2005 FA RB's (Going off of memory, so sorry about any mistakes)

Shawn Alexander

Edgerrin James

Rudi Johnson

Anthony Thomas

Lamont Jordan

You can also throw Ricky into the mix, not to mention other teams who might be looking to move a back (Vikings, Browns). Two teams will also take RB's in the first round (Cadillac Williams & Cedric Benson). While not at the bottom of the list, Travis won't even be close to the top of the pool.

There will be better options on the market than Henry.

Notable 2005 FA RB's (Going off of memory, so sorry about any mistakes)

Shawn Alexander

Edgerrin James

Rudi Johnson

Anthony Thomas

Lamont Jordan

You can also throw Ricky into the mix, not to mention other teams who might be looking to move a back (Vikings, Browns). Two teams will also take RB's in the first round (Cadillac Williams & Cedric Benson). While not at the bottom of the list, Travis won't even be close to the top of the pool.

113401[/snapback]

i think from your list that only Alexander and James are better options.

And i think they will both end up back with their current teams. Other than that...I see Henry being better than Johnson, Thomas, and Jordan.

IMHO

I wouldn't put much stock in Henry-to-Raiders rumors anyway.  Ralph has been burned in both of his trades with Al Davis -- first by trading Daryle Lamonica to Oakland for Tom Flores and the damaged-goods Art Powell, and then by sending a draft pick there for Billy Joe Gunrack.  After the Lamonica trade Ralph was so steamed he vowed he'd never trade with Davis again, and he didn't, until John Butler apparently convinced him that Billy Joe was a fine young man.  That dog didn't hunt either.

113303[/snapback]

Phil Villapiano for Bob Chandler worked out well for both teams, and was in between the lamonica trade and the Billy Joe Gunrack episode.

You also gotta remember all those RB's are free agents, and all will command 5 million plus per year. Henry will be cheap for at least one more year. As for the Wilson won't deal with Davis thing, I think he would. I can't see how Henry could really burn us outside the division, so who cares unless he rushes for over 2,000 yards, which let's be realistic, will not happen.

i think from your list that only Alexander and James are better options.

And i think they will both end up back with their current teams.  Other than that...I see Henry being better than Johnson, Thomas, and Jordan.

IMHO

113405[/snapback]

I'd agree, but I'd rank the two college backs higher than Henry on talent alone. I expect the Vikes to deal one of their backs, most likely Bennett and it wouldn't shock me if the Brownies dealt Green. I'd still rank Henry above those two as Bennet is an injury waiting to happen and Willie's off field problems are well documented. So regardless if Travis is the third or fifth best back out there, it's a buyers market. That's why I mentioned in a previous thread that I'd be thrilled to see the Bills get a 2nd rounder for him.

Oh where did the perfect world of having two very good running backs go? Remember Thurman followed by Kenny Davis? Davis could have played for any other team, and he could have gotten 1000 yards.

But sadly the Thurman/Kenny days are gone, and Travis will never settle for second fiddle. Wouldn't it be great if he did??

We need at least a second round pick for a guy who has nearly 2800 yards over two years. I can't fathom TD settling for less.

Guest Fiscal Responsibility
Oh where did the perfect world of having two very good running backs go?  Remember Thurman followed by Kenny Davis?  Davis could have played for any other team, and he could have gotten 1000 yards. 

But sadly the Thurman/Kenny days are gone, and Travis will never settle for second fiddle.  Wouldn't it be great if he did??

We need at least a second round pick for a guy who has nearly 2800 yards over two years.  I can't fathom TD settling for less.

113471[/snapback]

The salary cap happened.