Why Are You A Bills Fan?

cmjoyce113

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did not read any of the other postings yet, I didn't want to be pre-disposed.

I was 4 & 5 when they won those two championships, and although I was pretty

young, I remeber that special team. My father and uncles would always have

the game on, and even though we moved away from Buffalo when I was 9, the

juice was just starting to hit the scene, I embraced him, and followed him with a passion,

we may not have been very good through his years, but he held a certain fascination, much

like Barry Sanders some years later. You just had to see what unbelievable run he could pull off

next.

So the Championships started it, and the juice kept it going. I will die a Bills fan.

I live in Pittsburgh now, and people are always asking me why I don't just become

a Steeler's fan, and I respond by asking them what their favorite color is, and when they

answer green, blue, red, whatever. I then ask them well why don't you just change it to Orange.

BTW, it is very tough being a bills fan in Steeler territory. I have taken a beating, but you know

the saying, "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Go Bills!

same exact senario for me. However I wasn't around for the championships. Living in Pittsburgh is the hardest part. Similar cities. Completely different sport franchises!

I read negative post after negative post with a few positives mixed in. It really seems like some of the people on here are actually rooting for the Bills to suck so Jauron can be canned and we can start this whole thing over again. It seems like a lot of people are assuming the Bills are going to suck when isn't that what everyone felt about Miami last year?

The Dolphins went 3-1 in the preseason last year... did everyone have them winning the Division? No... back then the preseason didn't mean shiiii... Now since the Bills are 0-3 its the end of the world.

The Patriots went 0-4 last preseason yet they were still the favorite to maybe go undefeated again and win the Super Bowl. There fans were all like OH $@#@ we are going to go 4-12 and pick 2nd in the draft.

If you truly are a Bills fan every year should bring new hope becuase you NEVER know what to expect. Every year 6 or so teams that made the playoffs the year before don't make it again. There is always that hope as a fan that your team might improve this year, or might get back to where they were last year. Keep being negative and say the Bills suck before the season it's fine, but why are you a Bills fan?

I don't think you or I, or anyone else for that matter has the right to judge who is and who is not a "true fan". In fact, I think it takes more than a fair measure of arrogance to do so.

I was born in Buffalo but my family moved to Syracuse when I was 5 or 6, it was kind of traumatic for a kid. The Bills were a way of remaining a Buffalonian at heart. My Dad and Grandfather were huge fans and passed that obsession on to me and my many brothers and sisters. A classic Sunday started with an Abbott and Costello movie before church, mass, then a game of tackle football in the back yard until my Dad called us in to watch the game. All afternoon I could smell my Mom's sauce bubbling on the stove and would sneak in during commercials and dip some bread and munch out when she wasn't looking. Dinner was a raucous and humorous affair...if the Bills won and kind of sullen and silent if they lost. But that was okay, the family experienced both joy and sadness together.

My Mom passed away a year ago and its been ages since her "little Jimmy" quarterbacked the team but the Bills are still as deeply ingrained in my family as my Mom's sauce.

Now tell me I'm not a true fan just because I think there is a pretty good chance we are going to suck this year.

Brian Cox has to get in line behind Czonka, Warfield, Griese, Fernandez, Scott, and Buoniconti.

I go way back.

At least those guys were human beings. Cox was a knuckle dragging scumbag with the IQ of vomit and a turd in the toilet bowl of humanity.

I wasn't born in Buffalo, I'm from Long Isand. I was watching Superbowl 25 with a Giants fan. When the Bills lost that game by that field goal my heart broke and I became a Fan. I've driven to Buffalo to go to the games and fell in love with the heart of the city. I'm still waiting to see them win the Superbowl but I'll love them eather way...and I'll keep on hoping....