French Loved Arafat

BillsNYC

Thank god Bush won and not the other guy who would be sucking on French teet's right now:

The latest from the Political Grapevine:

Explain Paris, Please?

For those wondering why Palestinian Leader Yasser Arafat (search) chose to go to France for treatment, a new poll there shows that 43 percent of French citizens believe Arafat is not a terrorist but a "hero of national resistance." Only 27 percent consider him a terrorist.

What's more, when asked if they tend to sympathize with the Palestinians or the Israelis in the Middle East conflict, only 13 percent of French citizens say the Israelis. More than twice that many say the Palestinians.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,138175,00.html

For those wondering why Palestinian Leader Yasser Arafat (search) chose to go to France for treatment, a new poll there shows that 43 percent of French citizens believe Arafat is not a terrorist but a "hero of national resistance." Only 27 percent consider him a terrorist.

What's more, when asked if they tend to sympathize with the Palestinians or the Israelis in the Middle East conflict, only 13 percent of French citizens say the Israelis. More than twice that many say the Palestinians.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,138175,00.html

112709[/snapback]

I read an article yesterday stating that sentiment is common throughout Europe.

Israel doesn't exactly endear themselves to the world.

Short memories, apparently.

I wonder what people in Munich think?

112759[/snapback]

I'm by no means claiming he was a saint, but the Munich Games weren't Arafat. From An Historical Encyclopedia of the Arab-Israeli Conflict:

Abu Iyad's notoriety stems from his founding of the Black September terrorist organization. He has been held responsible for some of the bloodiest terrorist incidents, including the slaughter of Israeli athletes at the 1972 Munich Olympics. The 1973 seizure of the Saudi Embassy in Khartoum and the murders of the American ambassador and other diplomats as well as the 1976 assassination of the American ambassador to Lebanon were carried out at his behest.

I'm sure that when some German teenagers grow their first mustache, its about an inch long right below the nostrils

112882[/snapback]

You met her, huh?

Seriously, German girls. Make you seriously consider pedophelia. 13 going on 23.

I guess Abu Iyad had no formal ties to PLO?

first Google link.

112886[/snapback]

I know that he had ties to the PLO, in fact he had ties to Arafat before there was a PLO. Iyad was placed in charge of the PLO's "Special Operations Group" and "Force 17," but he left because he felt they were being underutilized. He created Black September, and the rest, tragically, is history.

You might not want to know. When I lived in Germany there was still a good deal of anti-semitism.

112769[/snapback]

Actually, I just read one of Tom Clancy's OP Center books. It dealt with the uprising of neo-nazis in Germany and France....

French do have a short memory.  Arafat was the dirtbag behind the US Embassy bombing, Marine Barracks, and French Embassy bombings in Beirut in 1983.  It was traced to him as the funding, approver and trainer of the operations.

113047[/snapback]

Don't forget the 1972 Olympics in Munich .

Short memories, apparently.

I wonder what people in Munich think?

112759[/snapback]

Tom in their time many of the members of the colonial revolution fighting for independence were thought to be terrorists as well.

Tom in their time many of the members of the colonial revolution fighting for independence were thought to be terrorists as well.

113612[/snapback]

Yeah, but did they kill thousands of innocent Brit civilians, including cutting their heads off with dull knives?

Yeah, but did they kill thousands of innocent Brit civilians, including cutting their heads off with dull knives?

113616[/snapback]

Well replace Brit with Native American and maybe you have your answer. Just saying that history sometimes changes todays terrorist to tomorrows freedom fighter.

Probably because they were terrorists.  What's your point?

113654[/snapback]

Boy you are slow today. The first poster stated that folks dont believe that Arafat was a terrorist and you tried to imply Munich. I was just reminding you and others that the Brits considered our independence fighters as terrorists as well.

Boy you are slow today.  The first poster stated that folks dont believe that Arafat was a terrorist and you tried to imply Munich.  I was just reminding you and others that the Brits considered our independence fighters as terrorists as well.

113687[/snapback]

Yes...and I responded that they were terrorists. In other words, you're stating the obvious...and I don't see why you'd waste your time doing so.

Well replace Brit with Native American and maybe you have your answer.   Just saying that history sometimes changes todays terrorist to tomorrows freedom fighter.

113621[/snapback]

Well, American was founded by people trying to escape religious persecution. The Islamic terrorists mainly kill because they hate others who do not follow their religion.

Before you start talking about Iraq and Israel, please do some Google searches, and read about Churches are blown up in the Philippines, Catholic Schools are bombed in Sudan, ancient Buddhist statues are torn down, etc...