Mike Williams (USC) not allowed back

Thailog80

I agree, I know they were worried about opening the flood gates on players trying to reinstate, but Williams was an exception and an exception should have been made by the NCAA in this case

It would have been wrong if the NCAA DID allow him back in. Atleast the NCAA stuck to their policy that once he makes contact with an agent, he can't be eligible to play in college. I know it's not MW's fault, he just thought the door was clear since Clarett was attempting to get in the NFL, but rules are rules.

rules are rules....

except this athlete is getting screwed.

I would imagine he will be available in the draft next year right?

8195[/snapback]

With the NCAA the student always get screwed!

What I hate is the NCAA always tries to come off so high and mighty. Listen, when Mike Williams declared himself for the NFL Draft, it was LEGAL. Then it became ILLEGAL after he had already proceeded. They are punishing him for Maurice Clarrett's screw-up.

Just once I'd like the NCAA to tell it like it is...you dont want Mike Williams back, even though you know you are bending him over by not allowing this kid back into college, because you are worried about your cash flow and figure this is a fantastic way to demonstrate to good football players the evils of leaving college early. Simple as that. Now let the NCAA focus on adding 12 more bowl games to this year's championship series for the "glory of the game" and obviously not for the money. *cough cough*

This is a bunch of stevestojan. I was never in favor of Maurice Clarett trying to force his way into the NFL, but Mike Williams had a ton of talent and tried to get in, because the ruling had been made by that judge. The NCAA should have made this a one-time only exception and allowed Williams back in. What a bunch of !@#$s. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: