(OT) Cheektowaga Woman Qualifies For PBA Event

Mark VI

Place she has to face a Lockport resident in the first round.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/news/story?id=1920508

For the out of towners, Bowling is HUGE in WNY. I'm not into it but know people who own 2 local bowling establishments. They practically live at these places, due to the amount of people who bowl in leagues around here.

112527[/snapback]

There's more than a few jokes in here, you know.

I have a Bachelors degree from SUNY Fredonia. I had 119 credits and needed one more to graduate. To get this big acheivment in life (ya, graduating college and crap) I had to get 120 credits. I needed one more credit. The class? Bowling 115. It was fun as hell, and really did improve my game, but half of the classes were actually in a classroom, taking notes, watching videos, etc... The proffessor was waaaay too into it. So, it goes to show you that WNY is indeed a bit too much into bowling. My college degree should not have hinged on whether or not I could pick up a spare.

I have a Bachelors degree from SUNY Fredonia. I had 119 credits and needed one more to graduate. To get this big acheivment in life (ya, graduating college and crap) I had to get 120 credits. I needed one more credit. The class? Bowling 115.  It was fun as hell, and really did improve my game, but half of the classes were actually in a classroom, taking notes, watching videos, etc... The proffessor was waaaay too into it.  So, it goes to show you that WNY is indeed a bit too much into bowling. My college degree should not have hinged on whether or not I could pick up a spare.

112904[/snapback]

You spend all that money to have your degree hinge on hitting a 7-10 split or whatever?

God bless the British education system....!

You spend all that money to have your degree hinge on hitting a 7-10 split or whatever?

God bless the British education system....!

112908[/snapback]

The unbelieveable part is that the class actually brought down my GPA. (It was only one credit of 120, so it didnt show, but to a .002 or .0002 it did - i don't remember which now). THe written tests were a B word. I obviously didnt take them seriously, and you had to know things like how many boards over should you move if you hit the pocket high, etc, etc... I ended up getting a B- in that class. Unreal.