Tax Credits

geggytah

Excuse my ignorance, but I noticed that there is a $2350 tax credit that is given if you purchase a new hybrid vehicle. How would this affect my federal income taxes at year end? Would I actually be given the $2350? Or is it more based on giving me some of it but how much depends on the rest of my income/tax paid factors?

I don't know the specifics -- but keep in mind that it doesn't apply to all hybrids. It was only applied to the first X number of hybrids of each model. I know all of the Honda and Toyota hybrids are no longer eligable.

I don't know the specifics -- but keep in mind that it doesn't apply to all hybrids. It was only applied to the first X number of hybrids of each model. I know all of the Honda and Toyota hybrids are no longer eligable.

yeah i knew that...looking at an altima

A tax credit is deducted directly from the amount of taxes owed where a tax deduction is a reduction of your taxable income, big differenc. How it's working here is anyone's guess seeing it's a government program

They'll tell him sorry, he didn't buy the vehicle on a Tuesday at 3:15pm.

http://bexhuff.com/hybrid-or-hummer

get a modern (model year 2007+) diesel 4 cylinder. Hybrids are an absolute waste of money. The only thing green about them is the money that they pad their execs with. Hybrid=marketing gimmick. You can take your $4000 tax credit and use it to buy a $3800 battery after 40,000 miles.