Bengals - not a good coaching staff

Fewell733

http://deadspin.com/5347189/this-is-why-nf...g?autoplay=true

I was shocked by how the coaches, including Marvin Lewis himself, openly mocked their injured players into returning to the field before they're ready. That's not toughness, that's stupidity.

Why, other than a pay check, would those guys want to win for those coaches?

I am very unimpressed by the Bengals HC.....

I watch all the hard knocks.....never saw one where the HC doesn't talk to the players to tell them they have been cut. Except now.

I am very unimpressed by the Bengals HC.....

I watch all the hard knocks.....never saw one where the HC doesn't talk to the players to tell them they have been cut. Except now.

I agree. The Bengals are kind of ruthless in that regard -- especially compared to the way the Chiefs did it last year.

Do you remember the episode from a week or two ago when they woke the guy up at 5:30 in the morning to tell him that he was cut and that he needed to be out front about two hours later for the car to take him to the airport.

With the Chiefs, it usually was a position coach who gave the bad news in that coach's office. The coach also was much nicer about the way that he handled it (especially compared to the hatchet man that the Bengals use).

For some reason, I am reminded of an episode of Cheers where norm was the designated guy to tell employees of his company that they had been let go.

I agree. The Bengals are kind of ruthless in that regard -- especially compared to the way the Chiefs did it last year.

Do you remember the episode from a week or two ago when they woke the guy up at 5:30 in the morning to tell him that he was cut and that he needed to be out front about two hours later for the car to take him to the airport.

With the Chiefs, it usually was a position coach who gave the bad news in that coach's office. The coach also was much nicer about the way that he handled it (especially compared to the hatchet man that the Bengals use).

For some reason, I am reminded of an episode of Cheers where norm was the designated guy to tell employees of his company that they had been let go.

I mean....last episode when they cut that running back they pulled him out of the players in the hallway and just did it right there for anyone hanging out to hear.

You are basically crushing a players dreams and you are going to do it this way?

I just get this vision of tigers pulling a sheep out of the pack and everybody else should be lucky they have their jobs or some @hit.....is this what they are trying to portray? You better play hard or we are going to embarris you. Fir Christ Sake they didn't even give the guy reps to see if he COULD play.

I mean....last episode when they cut that running back they pulled him out of the players in the hallway and just did it right there for anyone hanging out to hear.

You are basically crushing a players dreams and you are going to do it this way?

I just get this vision of tigers pulling a sheep out of the pack and everybody else should be lucky they have their jobs or some @hit.....is this what they are trying to portray? You better play hard or we are going to embarris you. Fir Christ Sake they didn't even give the guy reps to see if he COULD play.

Totally agree.

I caught a piece of a Bungles preseason game last night and saw some real idiocy.

With a couple seconds left in the 1st half the Rams line up for a FG and Marvin Lewis pulls one of those called time-outs just as the Rams are snapping the ball. In the first half. Of a freaking scrimmage.

What a jackass.