Have the Bills really overdrafted DBs during the Jauron Era?

I would love to see (but am far too lazy to compile myself) a similar list for what I consider to be the "model" franchises, which are, in my view:

1) Giants

2) Ravens

3) Titans

4) Patriots

5) Eagles

6) Colts

7) Chargers

8) Packers

9) Bears

I would tak eout the Packers, Bears and Titans, while adding the Steelers. Just because a team is better than the Bills doesn't make them a model franchise. The Packers were basically Brett Favre and with him gone, they are rebuilding. They haven't been a model franchise since the 90s. The Bears have a decent team (SB contender now that they have Cutler), but they don't contend enough to be a model franchise. As for the Titans, Detroit would have won 8 games last year if Haynesworth played for them like he did for the Titans.

The Steelers are the model frnchise as far as I'm concerned. They pick the right coaches, draft/develop/evalutate well, and generally put out a good team most years. I woudl say they do a better job of being a model franchise than every other team on the list. Maybe the Pats overtake them ,but I don't know you can say that until they change coaches and stilla re able to win. The Steelers were good under Cowher, they are good under Tomlin. NE was horrid until Belichek came on, but then you could make that case for the Chargers as well.

True enough. But let's look at the line in those years.

LT: Jason Peters (Pro Bowler)

LG: Dockery ($49 Million Contract)

C: Fowler / Preston (Ok, here were some losers.)

RG: Butler (decent starter)

RT: Langston Walker (decent starter, large contract)

I'm not going to rehash everything that's happened which has made this line obsolete. But in preseason 2008, it appeared that they had assembled a pretty good line, minus maybe the Center position.

That was the line last year. Not 4 years ago.

We've had people such as Terrence Pennington, Tutan Reyes, Bennie Anderson, Duke Preston, Melvin Fowler, Tre Teague, Mike Gandy, Mike Pucillo starting at some point or another in the last 5 years or so. Our line has been terrible for almost 15 years straight and obviously was never a priority in the draft. Especially for Jauron.

That was the line last year. Not 4 years ago.

We've had people such as Terrence Pennington, Tutan Reyes, Bennie Anderson, Duke Preston, Melvin Fowler, Tre Teague, Mike Gandy, Mike Pucillo starting at some point or another in the last 5 years or so. Our line has been terrible for almost 15 years straight and obviously was never a priority in the draft. Especially for Jauron.

It took Jauron a little over 2 years to build what on paper seemed like a very good offensive line. That's not such a bad turnaround time, considering where they were when he started. You're right, he didn't do it through the draft. More importantly, they only looked great on paper.

I would love to see (but am far too lazy to compile myself) a similar list for what I consider to be the "model" franchises, which are, in my view:

1) Giants

2) Ravens

3) Titans

4) Patriots

5) Eagles

6) Colts

7) Chargers

8) Packers

9) Bears

You clearly left off the Steelers, who by all accounts are up with the Pat's for best franchise this decade. They draft well & coach well.