Here is why Ted Kennedy gets to be interred at

I have a real problem with that "service" thing. A pampered, coddled member of America's Royal family gets bored with sailing and touch football and decides Maybe this president/Senator thing will give me a name on my own. "Service to your country" is a GI dodging bullets for $800 a month.

Jim, probably one of the few times I'll disagree with ya, but one of them was POTUS. If that does not put the bullseye square on your dome I don't know what does. JFK found out the hard way as President and he did almost die in WW2 as a sailor. Bobby also paid the price. I'm not saying they are any better than any Marine, Sailor, Soldier or Airman. Just saying they served and paid the price. I'm also not excusing Ted's getting away with vehicular manslaughter. He was drunk and killed a girl. Shouda went to prison but he got away with it. Maybe he did some good as a senator but he'll always be a criminal in my book.

Jim, probably one of the few times I'll disagree with ya, but one of them was POTUS. If that does not put the bullseye square on your dome I don't know what does. JFK found out the hard way as President and he did almost die in WW2 as a sailor. Bobby also paid the price. I'm not saying they are any better than any Marine, Sailor, Soldier or Airman. Just saying they served and paid the price. I'm also not excusing Ted's getting away with vehicular manslaughter. He was drunk and killed a girl. Shouda went to prison but he got away with it. Maybe he did some good as a senator but he'll always be a criminal in my book.

By using money, influence and the corrupt Chicago machine. Not the same as getting a "greetings from your Uncle Sam" letter in your mailbox. I seriously doubt JFK ever worried about assassination-why else would he ride in a open car?

Going by the "public servant's can pay a price" Theme, George Wallace should be enshrined. But of course his politics where wrong.

I have a real problem with that "service" thing. A pampered, coddled member of America's Royal family gets bored with sailing and touch football and decides Maybe this president/Senator thing will give me a name on my own. "Service to your country" is a GI dodging bullets for $800 a month.

Forty plus years of putting up with pot shots from folks like you sounds like service enough for me...

But then again the above post asked for this response... laaaay UP!

By using money, influence and the corrupt Chicago machine. Not the same as getting a "greetings from your Uncle Sam" letter in your mailbox. I seriously doubt JFK ever worried about assassination-why else would he ride in a open car?

Going by the "public servant's can pay a price" Theme, George Wallace should be enshrined. But of course his politics where wrong.

George Wallace was president? I musta missed that.

He'd make a great President of Alaska. Or he would have, but he's dead. In any event, if Alaska wants to secede maybe George will rise up and do you proud.

George Wallace was president? I musta missed that.

He'd make a great President of Alaska. Or he would have, but he's dead. In any event, if Alaska wants to secede maybe George will rise up and do you proud.

Did you read, or comprehend anything that caused me to mention George Wallace? You musta missed that. As always.

Teddy had a cushy post and still left a PFC.

Bush was an officer in the Reserves, flew a plane and volunteered for Vietnam (but was turned down), a fact that Dan Rather and Mapes knew when Rathergate happened.

Are you getting this off of Fox News? Flew in a plane maybe. Volunteered for Vietnam??? Probably not.

Bush Military service

He got credits, that's all that can be said for Bush's military service.

He put in a request to go to Nam. They turned him down. This came ut in the document dump recently from the Rathergate affair- where Rather got "retired" for the fake memo. He and Mapes knew about this. Rather lost his lawsuit against SeeBS

He put in a request to go to Nam. They turned him down. This came ut in the document dump recently from the Rathergate affair- where Rather got "retired" for the fake memo. He and Mapes knew about this. Rather lost his lawsuit against SeeBS

Link??? Just want to see for myself. I'm kind of skeptical of any claim relating to politics. I'd appreciate it. I would have figured Bush would have told our late friend Tim Russert the whole tale since it was on Meet The Press. Pretty reputable show, don't you think? Oh wait, Tim did mention it and you can read Bush's reply:

Bush and Tim Russert

The whole transcript from Meet The Press

Then again we can't trust Tim Russert. maybe because NBC would also be part of the liberal media. Fox News is the only source we can trust. :lol:

Link??? Just want to see for myself. I'm kind of skeptical of any claim relating to politics. I'd appreciate it. I would have figured Bush would have told our late friend Tim Russert the whole tale since it was on Meet The Press. Pretty reputable show, don't you think?

Then again. maybe not because NBC would also be part of the liberal media. Fox News is the only source we can trust. :lol:

Bernie Goldberg

Too quick...the whole transcript from Meet The Press...read it!

Meet The Press Transcript

Search on Vietnam...read it and weep. Sad what you've come to believe all these years. Truly a brave thing to say when Daddy was protecting you.

He never put in a request. End of your BS.

Whats all this got to do with TK parking his fat ass in Arlington next to war hero's?

Thought that was pretty much settled why he can be buried in Arlington. I guess we need to start a new thread to rehash Bush's military service, or alleged service.

Then what did CBS have?

CBS had documents that could not be authenticated. They were copies of memos, not the originals, and would probably not hold up in court. The case was further complicated by damaged or destroyed microfilm containing Bush's records. CBS made a mistake in going on with the story, without verifying that the memos about Bush's service could be authenticated. That cost Rather his job. Everything in the Rather case became hearsay, so it would be hard to make a true judgment in the case. The evidence, for or against Bush was gone.

Bush's admission to Russert is pretty much golden. He did some kind of miltary service and NEVER volunteered to go to Vietnam.

CBS had documents that could not be authenticated. They were copies of memos, not the originals, and would probably not hold up in court. The case was further complicated by damaged or destroyed microfilm containing Bush's records. CBS made a mistake in going on with the story, without verifying that the memos about Bush's service could be authenticated. That cost Rather his job. Everything in the Rather case became hearsay, so it would be hard to make a true judgment in the case. The evidence, for or against Bush was gone.

Bush's admission to Russert is pretty much golden. He did some kind of miltary service and NEVER volunteered to go to Vietnam.

Dude, they were typed on an electric typerwiter that hadn't been invented yet. Talk about sloppy forgeries. How do people like you sleep at night? You are only deluding yourself.