This season is probably a wash and most know it

You are a very good bills fan. So are all of us.

This product is unacceptable. Even if we catch lightening in a bottle (and we won't, QUOTE ME ON THAT), it's just dumb sh-- luck.

we're badly run and none of us should accept that.

There's something about that charging buffalo that gets my blood moving. When that same passion is not shared by those running the organization, it makes me very angry. Yes, it's just a game in the cosmic sense, but on a more tangible level it's the pride of a region.

I for one am sick of squandering that pride on cheapness and ignorance. This bills fan has truly had enough. This product sucks ass and i'm not buying it anymore. They have 8 games or so to prove me wrong before i become a complete and total negative nancy, but i think i've heard this song before...

I think RW shares you're sentiment, he just hasn't found the right guy to run his team. Don't forget Marv Levy endorsed the tool at the helm so he might be inclined to give him more leeway then others would.

Jauron has the ability to lead, he just makes the wrong choices on assistants, schemes and players. Something that a really football savvy GM / president would correct.

I understand your point, but isn't that the easy way out? Just picking a good team to be a fan of so that you'll be "happy" when they win? Seems rather artificial. I was born a Bills fan, the Bills "chose" me, in a sense. It doesn't seem right to not root for a team that represents your hometown. Furthermore, I can't really understand local baseball fanatics here. We don't have a team. I respect the fact that you love the game, but how can you really get up and down with a team that doesn't have anything to do with Buffalo? My roommate is a die-hard Yankees fan. Why? We're not New Yorkers, what do they have to do with us? It doesn't make sense to me. I can't latch onto any big city, big market team. Its not my identity. I know there's a LOT of Yankees fans on this board. That's fine. It just strikes me as easy. They have 26 championships. Buffalo teams? 0. Its not easy to like a loser. But I have to.

Agreed. I don't dislike baseball, but I just don't have a favorite team, and can't feel the attachment to any team if they're not hometown.

Logically, it makes no sense to invest emotionally or financially in this organization. The one constant over 50 years of mostly unacceptable teams (.475 winning percentage, 9th worst among active NFL teams) is Ralph Wilson. Coaches, quarterbacks, GM's, and entire rosters change but Ralph remains and the product remains poor. Yet he gets into the HOF and garners our allegiance. Why , because he's fulfilled the American dream and gotten richer over those 50 years or because he's stuck tenuously by a city down on its luck? To me, those aren't good enough reasons but the psychopathology continues and I too will watch the early season, cheering for the Bill's jerseys and hoping for a miracle. Wish it wasn't so but it is.

Try college football. Pick a team like Texas, Florida, USC. They are good every season, and you will rarely be let down.

Early season prediction: Florida over Texas in the Nat'l Championship game. (same prediction as last year)

And if the Bills front office has any synapses left, they should draft...

TIM TEBOW

What you mis is that this preseason is a direct reflection of all the Jauron years and a continuation of 9 years of mediocre at best teams? Perhaps some new light will shine when the real season starts but tell me what you have seen so far that indicates this will happen. Same coaches, same offense and same pathetic results on the field. These are not the Kelly years where the Bills could coast through the preseason and then kick it up twenty notches when the games counted.

This is the same group of people who kept saying: "Relax! It's just x loss, we're still 5-x and we're still in a postion for the playoffs! What's wrong with you people?!?!" When the rest of us saw the team imploding..

*where x = 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, etc.

Two words that save me during the Bills season........... Fantasy Football

Every year I say I am not going to get a team for FF....then preseason happens, I see how bad the Bills are going to be, and I know that signing up for an FF team will help bandage the wound (unlike the Bills, my teams are perennial playoff teams - I may have only won the whole thing once in 12 years, but I just about always make the playoffs - come to think of it, that's all I would wish for the Bills)

this site is unreal, it is week 3 of the preseason, and people are calling the season shot, our starters are healthy, or at the most have minor not threatening injuries and our offense has struggled a little bit, so the season is over? this is unreal, get the regular season started all ready please i can't take anymore over analysis

Thank You finally some one who realizes that the preseason is just set up to evaluate, jell, and build stamina. Its more about getting used to a game situation than it is winning. Apparently for those of you on this board its about whining. So will you all shut up until about week 7.

GO BILLS!

Thank You finally some one who realizes that the preseason is just set up to evaluate, jell, and build stamina. Its more about getting used to a game situation than it is winning. Apparently for those of you on this board its about whining. So will you all shut up until about week 7.

GO BILLS!

Current betting odds to win superbowl 35 to 40:1. Between 7-9th worst in league depending on site. I've made this bet with payoff enough to go to Superbowl (if a miracle happened) last 2 years at 100:1 or greater. Wouldn't take these odds though. Would you? Do you discount the preseason that much?

I for one am sick of squandering that pride on cheapness and ignorance. This bills fan has truly had enough. This product sucks ass and i'm not buying it anymore. They have 8 games or so to prove me wrong before i become a complete and total negative nancy, but i think i've heard this song before...

You know I am not completely buying the cheapness angle, it is more the ignorance of the front office that is killing this team. It is not like the Bills payroll is SO much less then anyone else...what IS the problem is what they pay guys like Kelsay, and don't pony up for legitimate players in the trenches, and drool over corners and smallish WR's.

THAT is the issue.

GO BILLS!

Let me tell you about the preseason, watch the first stringers. If they come out and play like crap in the preseason, you can rest assured that they will play like crap once the regular season starts.

The starting offense has yet to score a TD, the Packers made the starters look like no nothing college puke's going against NFL players.

This board is for venting our frustrations on what we see, so why don't you shut your pie hole about what others post!

Find a thread were everyone is gushing about how great the Bills will play against the Patriots in week one, IF you can find one. Better yet, go start one.

Good post .... sums up life as a Bills fan.

However as one who has left buffalo I tell you that the loyalty runs just as deep. There are Bills backers all over this country. Reality of life (job primarily) doesn't allow some to remain in Buffalo but it does not in any way diminish our desire to see the Bills win or for the city of Buffalo to see a renewal.

Ditto. I left Buffalo over 30 years ago and still follow the Bills. Regardless of how they are playing they are still my team. I wish I had a better vibe going into the season but as a season ticket holder I'll make the journey to Buffalo to cheer them on. Go Bills!

I'm actually making the trek across country to attend the MNF opener in beantown, and i have to admit, the feeling of dread that i have about this game grows every week. I was slightly optimistic about it being a competitive game heading into training camp, but i have to admit, this team and its coaching staff is scaring more and more each day.

I agree that all are entitlted to their own opinons on this board, but save me the "it's only preseason" garbage. Every other team that i have watched has had some flashes of competence with their starters. Our games to this point have looked as if they are just extensions of last year. No bueno.

I absolutely believe that we are going to get crushed in the opener and that i'll be in for a miserable experience. I'm going to make the most of it, and trust me, i'll be there in full support. Unfortunately, this team looks eerily similar to last year and we all know how horrifyingly bad we looked in the second half of last year.

Also, you know that Belichick and Brady are licking their chops waiting for this game. No matter which Bills player tells us that the team will be ready and prepared, do you honestly think our coaching staff has a remote shot at outfoxing Belichick and Co.?

Let's face it, we all want the best and we all love to be optimistic and excited, but this team and organization gives us very little to be excited for or trusting of. I don't think i've seen such a sense of gloom on these boards before. And, more than likely, it's all for good reason.

It's almost as if a good percentage of us (including me) would just like to fast forward to January, skip all of the pain and madness, and just get to a point where the Bills are searching for someone to change the character and mindset of this organization/team.

Ugh. Roll the ugliness.

I'm actually making the trek across country to attend the MNF opener in beantown, and i have to admit, the feeling of dread that i have about this game grows every week.

You may be the truest, best Bills fan ever. Your a brave soul. This game has all the indicators of being a total embarrassment. Not only for the reasons you mentioned but many others. How about that the Bills almost always suck in evening national games. It's even worse on the road. They seem to save their most confused, lackluster performances for the entire nation to see. Also, you know Brady wants to prove himself after being off all of last season. Of course the much discussed lack of preparation of our offence.

Anyway, none of this takes away from the fact that you are a stud for going to this game. I'll be lucky if I even watch it let alone go to it. I know i'm going to be watching with one hand on the remote ready to go in the proverbial fetal position by blocking out and distancing myself emotionally when it becomes unbearably ugly. I hope I have something good on the DVR as an escape!

You may be the truest, best Bills fan ever. Your a brave soul. This game has all the indicators of being a total embarrassment. Not only for the reasons you mentioned but many others. How about that the Bills almost always suck in evening national games. It's even worse on the road. They seem to save their most confused, lackluster performances for the entire nation to see. Also, you know Brady wants to prove himself after being off all of last season. Of course the much discussed lack of preparation of our offence.

Anyway, none of this takes away from the fact that you are a stud for going to this game. I'll be lucky if I even watch it let alone go to it. I know i'm going to be watching with one hand on the remote ready to go in the proverbial fetal position by blocking out and distancing myself emotionally when it becomes unbearably ugly. I hope I have something good on the DVR as an escape!

Thanks for the kind words, but i now am classifying myself as insane and a fan of torture. It will be brutal to say the least, but i will do my best to represent. The cost of this little trip alone is making me sick. The game will no doubt add a tumor to my already sports-induced cancerous insides.

Worst part is that i will be heckled all game and have no retort whatsoever. What's the best i can say?

"oh yeah, well, the Red Sox haven't won anything in....er, wait"

"oh, yeah, well, the Celtics haven't done jack....er, wait"

"oh yeah, well, at least the Sabres are....er, wait"

Ugh. I hate chowda heads. I will be miserable and the most bitter man on the planet that Monday night. I think my plan is to just get as drunk as possible so i will completely forget every single play of that game.

Honestly, the highlight for me will be to see the teams trot out in anniversary AFL unis. Then, destruction and carnage.

Yay! pass the beer nuts!

Lets be fair already, looking at the organization, the talent, especially on the OL, and the defensive side of the ball (excluding Jauron's obsession with corners) this Buffalo Bills team is a 5-7 win team, tops. Sure T.O will bring us some interesting moments, but I have zero, and I mean ZERO confidence in Jauron and for that matter, Ralph's Circle Of Trust.

Having said that, pass on the 'I am done with the Buffalo Bills forever' posts. I did that and it was moronic. Of course we will be back, the Bills will never, EVER leave our system (unless THEY leave Buffalo themselves, that is a different topic altogether)

I for one have made some good friends and acquaintances over the years because of my allegiance to the Buffalo Bills, and for that I am grateful. I enjoy the anticipation of watching a game at a Buffalo Bills bar, or going to a game, the tailgate, the times you enjoy with friends or other Bills friends who become friends for a day, or you even become friends after that.

Enjoy the beer.

Enjoy the food.

Enjoy sporting that JP Losman jersey if all of the others are in the laundry (You know who you are)

Enjoy the tailgates.

Enjoy singing Lets Go Buffalo after a touchdown, win or lose.

Will I get pissed off at the Bills this year? Oh yeah, but now I will take a step back and realize: We are damn lucky to sit back and enjoy a day of NFL football. And even though things might look bleak for the Bills, I will still hope that every offseason, they get it right somehow, like buying a scratch off and hoping to win $1000.

Till the bitter end, Let's Go Buffalo!

I'm a very old, long-time fan and unfortunately I'm feeling the same. But, maybe instead of hoping so much for a good, respectable year the team will surprise me by thinking they will stink in '09????