Who is Copeland Bryan

Mickey

As a public service, here is a collection of links for info on Copeland Bryan as he has been the best pass rusher

so far in the preseason games by far, a welcome development given our desperate need for a pass rush.

Sports Illustrated Draft Profile

Draft Countdown ranking (#23)

Local Arizona Article Bryan explains what happened to him after the draft when he was shuffled from the Titans to Chicago.

Local Arizona Link Bryan explains how going 3-8 hurt the chances for the senior wildcats to get drafted.

Draft Daddy 40 times for Copeland Bryan

At this point, I am desperate for a diamond in the rough, a surprise player that comes of age and far exceeds expectations. Copeland is as good a candidate as any. Feel free to add anything else you can find on him.

Thanks for posting Mickey. Good stuff.

My thought on Copeland Bryan is that although his 40 time is on the slow end, it just goes to show how unimportant that time is for defensive ends. He has a nice takeoff on the snap and I'm guessing his 10 yard split time is pretty good.

I also noted how the one scouting report mentions his good use of hands which is something you notice when you watch him play. Hope Copeland gets lots of PT going forward. It'd be an improvement for the team.

Thanks for posting Mickey. Good stuff.

My thought on Copeland Bryan is that although his 40 time is on the slow end, it just goes to show how unimportant that time is for defensive ends. He has a nice takeoff on the snap and I'm guessing his 10 yard split time is pretty good.

I also noted how the one scouting report mentions his good use of hands which is something you notice when you watch him play. Hope Copeland gets lots of PT going forward. It'd be an improvement for the team.

Improvement in a critical area like the pass rush would be most welcome indeed.

Thanks for posting Mickey, there's some good info there. A little tidbit from Bryan's wiki page:

"Bryan lettered in football and track at Bellarmine College Prep School (San Jose, CA). He participated in triple jump and long jump at the Junior Olympics while in high school."

Football, track and long jump...this guy is an athlete. Obviously he has a nice first step at the snap of the ball. With Schobel's injury, he ought to get some time with the first team to see what he can do against starting tackles. Here's to hoping for a diamond in the rough, as you say!

Improvement in a critical area like the pass rush would be most welcome indeed.

No doubt that. With the unfolding end of Schobel's career I thought the Bills ought to have stacked up at pass rusher this year like the Jaguars did last year with Derrick Harvey and Quentin Groves.

Specifically while many here wanted to take Everette Brown instead of Jairus Byrd, I was hoping for Connor Barwin.

And while I think the selection of Shawn Nelson in round four was a great pick, Lawrence Sidbury was also still available.

You simply cannot have enough players who can attack the quarterback...particularly in a Tampa 2 defense which relies on getting pressure with only 4 rushers.

BTW, both Barwin and Sidbury have two sacks each this preseason, FWIW.

As a public service, here is a collection of links for info on Copeland Bryan as he has been the best pass rusher

so far in the preseason games by far, a welcome development given our desperate need for a pass rush.

Q:Who is Copeland Bryan?

A: The Bills best pass rusher.

How do Kelsay,Schobel,Denney keep their jobs? It is a mystery to me. They are all invisible on the field.

Q:Who is Copeland Bryan?

A: The Bills best pass rusher.

How do Kelsay,Schobel,Denney keep their jobs? It is a mystery to me. They are all invisible on the field.

Schobel is decent when he's healthy. He's been getting pressure in preseason. Chris Kelsay and Denney should've been cut a long time ago. As far as Who is Copeland Bryan. A potentialy good defensive end who won't see the field because Kelsay is a "team captain". I mean seriously how inspired would you be to play for a guy who all he does is talk to the media about how he has to make plays, or how the team is underperforming, when you're reason numero uno for the biggest weakness on the Bills defense? Having Chris Kelsay as a captain is about as inspiring as spackle

No doubt that. With the unfolding end of Schobel's career I thought the Bills ought to have stacked up at pass rusher this year like the Jaguars did last year with Derrick Harvey and Quentin Groves.

I think this exact same thought every time I watch the Giants defensive ends applying pressure.