Packers game sucked but what has me more worried?

The play of our DE's. Aaron Schobel just cant get to the QB, no matter what he does he cant get to the QB. Kelsay, Denney as well have all been huge let downs. I mean is Aaron Maybin going to bring more to the table then Schobel, Kelsay or Denney? The defense still has to blitz to make pressure leaving way too many holes for a QB to pick apart.

Its still a huge question mark as to what Maybin will bring. I honestly thought when we had a chance to get another DE in the draft with either Brown or Michael Johnson I would have drafted one of them I would have loved to see some youth come in and push Kelsay & Denney.

I dont care about the game in general anymore, but im looking more at certain positions and players. Center is another position thats got me worried but we will save that for another day.......

Well I am worried about the DE's also. We literally don't get any pressure on the QB, except; when Ellis and most of all Bryan come in. So what I am most worried about is Jauron and Company being too loyal to veteran's instead of giving these two young guys a shot. I would be less worried if I saw Maybin, Ellis, and Copeland seeing major time with the 1st teamers. They deserve it, those guys were flat out getting it done two games in a row. It looks important to them.

Well I am worried about the DE's also. We literally don't get any pressure on the QB, except; when Ellis and most of all Bryan come in. So what I am most worried about is Jauron and Company being too loyal to veteran's instead of giving these two young guys a shot. I would be less worried if I saw Maybin, Ellis, and Copeland seeing major time with the 1st teamers. They deserve it, those guys were flat out getting it done two games in a row. It looks important to them.

I agree, Cope and Ellis have looked like raging beasts!! I know they're going against the other team's backups,

but dang they look BIG, Aggressive and Hungry! So, Expect Dick to get them as little playing time possible in reg. season. :-(

I'm of the opinion that (assuming Schobel's just not the same since the injury... might still be "playing into game shape") that we have 3 STARTING D-lineman that are not NFL quality starting players.

Don't get me wrong - I appreciate their attitude and hustle (typical high character guys for Jauron) but not guys you can count on winning 1-on-1 matchups against above average o-lineman.

Can't squeeze blood from a turnip - asking them to do more may not be a matter of schemes or play calling....

They're just NOT THAT GOOD - average at best.

The play of our DE's. Aaron Schobel just cant get to the QB, no matter what he does he cant get to the QB. Kelsay, Denney as well have all been huge let downs. I mean is Aaron Maybin going to bring more to the table then Schobel, Kelsay or Denney? The defense still has to blitz to make pressure leaving way too many holes for a QB to pick apart.

Its still a huge question mark as to what Maybin will bring. I honestly thought when we had a chance to get another DE in the draft with either Brown or Michael Johnson I would have drafted one of them I would have loved to see some youth come in and push Kelsay & Denney.

I dont care about the game in general anymore, but im looking more at certain positions and players. Center is another position thats got me worried but we will save that for another day.......

Not much likely to change now ... I doubt you are going to get quality players at this point. Roscoe is the only probable trade bait on the roster and you are not likely to get a solid DE in exchange for him.

for 2009 Denney makes 2.5 mil, kelsay 3 mil, Schobel 3.5 mil, Bryan and Ellis both make 385 thousand, Mace's salary is undisclosed but I'm betting less than that- so why would you pay Denney, Kelsay, Schobel 7-9 times as much for not significantly better play.