40 years after Woodstock...

1billsfan

well, when Ice T released Cop Killer and they had a congressional hearing about it, i was about 13 years old and in prime impressionable status. to this day, i have never killed a police officer or even thought about it.

you can be disgusted with it all you want, but there will ALWAYS be "controversial" music coming from ANY and EVERY minority group that thinks they are even slightly oppressed. doesnt matter what country or political viewpoint. MUSIC will always be a vehicle for revolution and hyperbole.

if you truly find this song troubling, the WORST thing you can hope for is for a national backlash against it. it will only serve to put it directly in the spotlight so that EVERYONE can hear and read the lyrics.

Exactly.

I remember that too, but I think there's a big difference here. Ice T was a very fringe rapper act at the time. Ironically, that song actually put him on the map. But from what I recall, back then rap wasn't even widely considered a true "music" form yet. Now it is the main music that the younger generation listens too. Especially acts like Jay-Z and Rhiana. These are HUGE music stars. I used to like Jay-Z's music, but this stuff crosses a line. Sorry that I'm not so jaded that I fail to get outraged at stars of this magnitude making a not so subtle Black Panther glorification video.

you dont have to be jaded to not overreact. but hey, outrage away. ill wait for the "open letter to Jay-Z"... :huh:

it's so nice to see this kind of positive, unifying, post racial message and imagery...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-sto...ery=588;page=11

...coming from the music industry.

Pretty catchy tune to riot too. I wonder if Kid Rock is gathering up a posse of KKK members for a retaliation video? Could you imagine the outrage if Rock made a video while singing the lyric...

get your fatigues on,

all white everything,

white cards, white cars,

all white everything,

...in front of a crowd of ALL rednecks with guns, bats and torches????? Could someone please tell me the point of this stinking, heaping, pile of garbage coming from Jay-Z?

This is true. Pejuduce is prejuduce. "All" of anything is never equality. There are different cultures but thats all they are is different. One is not better or worse than the other, just different. We, as parents, are the key to breaking the chain of hate and violence. We teach our children and they teach their children etc., etc..

I know this sounds like bleeding heart liberal horse crap but it is the way it will be. This song that Jay-Z put out is crap and no better than something put out by some skin head nazi white trash POS. Hate is hate.

This song that Jay-Z put out is crap and no better than something put out by some skin head nazi white trash POS. Hate is hate.

Like the twin white supremacist teen girl Olsen look-alikes. I knew I'd heard of them, but had to google for their name.

It's Prussian Blue. Since my views on race are vastly different from those stupid twinks, I won't bother linking to their website.

I remember that too, but I think there's a big difference here. Ice T was a very fringe rapper act at the time. Ironically, that song actually put him on the map.

That's not true. Before Cop Killer he had already released 3 gold albums, 1 platinum album, and starred in New Jack City and Ricochet. Cop Killer was probably the apex of Ice-T's pop culture relevance.

And by the way Body Count is one of the most unintentionally amazing bands of all time.

well, when Ice T released Cop Killer and they had a congressional hearing about it, i was about 13 years old and in prime impressionable status. to this day, i have never killed a police officer or even thought about it.

you can be disgusted with it all you want, but there will ALWAYS be "controversial" music coming from ANY and EVERY minority group that thinks they are even slightly oppressed. doesnt matter what country or political viewpoint. MUSIC will always be a vehicle for revolution and hyperbole.

if you truly find this song troubling, the WORST thing you can hope for is for a national backlash against it. it will only serve to put it directly in the spotlight so that EVERYONE can hear and read the lyrics.

I was pissed when the kicked Ice T off of the Metallica/Guns and Roses tour because of that song. They had some lame ass sucky band called Motorhead open up instead. <_<