Former Bills' FS cut.

For example Oshiomogho Atogwe, Michael Griffin, and Troy Polamalu are all awful safeties that just happened to have a ton of INTs, whereas Bryan Scott and Donte Whitner are great safeties that just happened to get no INTs.

You just proved sage's point. Congratulations.

For example Oshiomogho Atogwe, Michael Griffin, and Troy Polamalu are all awful safeties that just happened to have a ton of INTs, whereas Bryan Scott and Donte Whitner are great safeties that just happened to get no INTs.

If you say so.

Not the way I would have gone, though.

I understand that int's at best is a directional indicator of a safety's success. I suppose to get a true picture you also have to look at scheme and overall defense stats. Hard to intercept if you have to play often in the box, scheme requires especialluy deep drops, and your team has enemic pass rush .... kinda sounds like Whitner and the Bills I suppose.

I understand that int's at best is a directional indicator of a safety's success. I suppose to get a true picture you also have to look at scheme and overall defense stats. Hard to intercept if you have to play often in the box, scheme requires especialluy deep drops, and your team has enemic pass rush .... kinda sounds like Whitner and the Bills I suppose.

You also have to take into account that a lot of the players with high INT totals tend to be all or nothing players. They either get the INT, or allow a long completion or TD.

yet we went out and drafted a 2nd round safety to make plays and create turnovers (INTS).

you people are foolish.

Nobody said INTs weren't important. Just that they are a bad metric for judging Safety quality. You seem to be unable to comprehend that nuance.

Was Kelso a great safety? He had a few INTs