McKelvin reaction after INT

First time Thurman scored he did a celebration. Levy told him to never do that again and act like he'd scored a TD before. I still remember Thurman simply handing the ball to a ref after a huge TD once.

I would normally ascribe to the hope that Bills' players should be emulating that practice, but this Bills team has literally looked like the walking dead the last three years. I now WANT the Bills players to look like they love football and are having a blast making plays. Sorry, but I'm officially on the McKelvin "boogie oogie oogie" bandwagon.

I'm not so sure about that. In every sense of the phrase. The TO of old (and, probably, of the Bills) irritates the living crap out of me. But I'm glad he's on the team for the moment.

No one, however, exemplifies "Class" these days like Lee Evans. Catches the ball, hits the end zone, drops the ball (or hands it to the official).

I like that. I guess I don't like swagger. I like points and wins. Don't need the Sharpies.

Swagger is OK. Flagrant arrogance is bad, and that is where Sharpies and popcorn fall categorically. That being said, the Bills could probably use a dose of flagrant arrogance anyway. In every regard I think the Bills signing T.O. has been brilliant, followed by implementing the no-huddle (I think they were going to do this anyway which is why the decided to get T.O.), which will be wonderful for T.O. and T.E. as it will keep the huddle banter to a minimum.

Did he get a flag for it? No? Then it shouldn't be a problem for ANYONE...

BTW, after that pick, I beat my chest and started taunting the imaginary crowd in my living room (who ended up being my 3 yr. old daughter, the wife, the dog, and my 2 brothers). My daughter said I should act like I've been there before... :lol:

:nana:

DML, you're bring a stick in the mud. The kid was pumped up on his own sideline and excited about making a good play. I want to see more excitement and emotion from our players. It shows that they actually give a crap whats going on, and if they win or lose, unlike our coaches. As long as he isn't tauting the other team or drawing flags, more power to him.

I think you are overreacting a bit. I really don't mind most of the celebrations, even the rehearsed ones. I love the stuff OCHO CINCO does. I like to be entertained. I like to see guys passionate about the game and having fun. I have no problem with his reaction. I would like it if more of these millionaires could complete a sentence in clear, intelligible english and could keep themselves from getting arrested and making asses of themselves and their teams off the field.

I don't mind some celebration that is performed unplanned and with the attitude that we as a team did something positive, or what I did just put my team in the position to score, etc. But, what OCHO STINKO does is so sickening, his antics are all for the purpose of "Look at Me, I don't care if we are losing by 4 scores, Just Look at Me!". If there is the equivalent of a terminal illness in the NFL, it is OHCO SUCKO. That A*shole plans pranks and does them despite his owner, his coaches and the NFL telling him not too, as if he doesn't have to listen to anyone, despite them paying him millions of dollars. He is the biggest example of what is wrong with the NFL. But as far as celebrating, within reason, the Bills could use some excitement, since over the last decade or so, exciting moments have been too far and few between.

You're not a stick in the mud. The league is filled with jackass's. Heck just tonight at my 11 year old son's first football practice of the season, a kid running the 40 in a group of 5 kids (he was ahead of the rest) turned around and ran the last 5 yards backwards taunting the rest of them. The coaches reaction, no reaction.

I think we're on the same page. I'm all for being enthusiastic, but the "in your face" attitude shows a complete lacl of class and sportsmanship.

Did he get a flag for it? No? Then it shouldn't be a problem for ANYONE...

BTW, after that pick, I beat my chest and started taunting the imaginary crowd in my living room (who ended up being my 3 yr. old daughter, the wife, the dog, and my 2 brothers). My daughter said I should act like I've been there before... :rolleyes:

If that continues, I suspect your 3-year-old will be seeking out an imaginary father.

Have you watched an NFL game over the past decade or more? Almost everytime someone makes a tackle, gets a sack, catches a ball, etc. they act like they just won the Super Bowl. It is the age of the "Me" millionaire athletes who put team second for the most part, who want to get themselves noticed, first and foremost. I don't like it but I have become immune to it, because it isn't going to change.

You hit the nail on the head. Again, I'm not such a stuffed shirt that I don't expect some well earned excitment, including some hoots, hollering, jumping up, fist pumping, fanny pats, high fives, head hugs, or whatever..... but it's the protracted, over-animated, "LOOK AT ME - LOOK AT ME" attention drawing shiit that drives me nuts. It's like the grammer school smartass forever seeking out attention. It's funny at first, but the act gets old quickly.

It's a bloody team sport - you're just a cog in the wheel. I'm surprised that there are so many responses from y'all who enjoy watching them make fools out of themselves. Just to reiterate - I'm not against celebration, just the constant call to draw camera time to themselves. The interception? Yeah, we saw it, ok?