When is a "3-and-out" not really a 3-and-out???

merlin

“I thought we came out and started fast,” said Donte Whitner. “We had a three-and-out to start. We were on the verge of getting a second three-and-out until we gave up a first down and Leodis got the interception, which really makes it a three-and-out.”

:censored:

This is the NFL. Everyone can count to 4.

Oh, wait. Never mind.

I know, the NFL doesn't have too many Harvard or Yale graduates - accept of course here in 7-9-0 land. :censored:

But I digress. In the unusual case of roookie Ellis Lankster, (I think his first name is Ellis - I'm too lazy to look it up.) the Bills may have lucked out by way of his lack of superior intelligence. He needed two full years in junior college before earning his way into West Virginia. After sitting out his transfer season, he then stupidly did something off the field that ruined most of his junior year, but first, with West Virginia. Finally, he was able to have a good senior season - 5 full years after graduating from high school. (If he ever did in fact graduate from high school.)

Anyway, all of that baggage caused Lankster to fall way down the draft board, and the Bills snagged him with their 7th round pick. All this kid has been doing is making plays since he showed up for the first rookies OTA's in May. Who knows how good he really is? A normal 4 year career at West Virginia with no off-field problems may have given him a top 10 draft ranking for all anybody will ever know! Wouldn't it be awesome if Lankster ends up being the steal of the entire '09 draft, and ends up pushing McGee and McKelvin for playing time all season? :o

I know, the NFL doesn't have too many Harvard or Yale graduates - accept of course here in 7-9-0 land. :lol:

But I digress. In the unusual case of roookie Ellis Lankster, (I think his first name is Ellis - I'm too lazy to look it up.) the Bills may have lucked out by way of his lack of superior intelligence. He needed two full years in junior college before earning his way into West Virginia. After sitting out his transfer season, he then stupidly did something off the field that ruined most of his junior year, but first, with West Virginia. Finally, he was able to have a good senior season - 5 full years after graduating from high school. (If he ever did in fact graduate from high school.)

Anyway, all of that baggage caused Lankster to fall way down the draft board, and the Bills snagged him with their 7th round pick. All this kid has been doing is making plays since he showed up for the first rookies OTA's in May. Who knows how good he really is? A normal 4 year career at West Virginia with no off-field problems may have given him a top 10 draft ranking for all anybody will ever know! Wouldn't it be awesome if Lankster ends up being the steal of the entire '09 draft, and ends up pushing McGee and McKelvin for playing time all season? :nana:

In the NFL, everybody is pretty good and everybody works hard. Even if they can't count to 4, I'm a fan. And the Bills are on the top of that list. Which might have 4 teams on it, or more, or less. What down is it? Kick a field goal; we'll even it up here in the last minute. We're only down by 4.

Well, i dont think dick jauron can count to 4 either, considering how many "give up" plays we run on third down. Dickie feels like you only have 2 downs to get the first and the 3rd play is reserved to set your team up for the punt or FG.