except for levitree

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

everyone needs to calm down. all 5 lineman are starting at new spots. by week1 we will be fine

I have to disagree - by next year, we will be fine. This year, I think the +/- for games started by Trent Edwards should be about 10. The luckiest guy in a Bills uni this year is Lynch - at least he gets to miss the first 3 real games of the learning season....

Levitre gets benched after a bad showing in his first preseason NFL game as a rookie? Let's calm down here a little. Jason Peters was a 4th string undrafted tight end during his first preseason in the NFL. The Bills actually cut him, no other team picked him up, so they brought him back to the practice squad. Please check how much money the Eagles paid him 4 years later to be their starting left tackle. If the Bills can give Peters the second chance on the practice squad, then have the patience to convert him into a right tackle, and then to a left tackle, why can't they give Levitre at least one more preseason game before they banish him to the bench?? :thumbsup::w00t:

I started this and that would be fine with that so long as doesn't get edwards killed. i do think we need to get as many games possible with the starting unit and I simply think (if healthy) Butler would out play him and I think that Bell will outplay Butler at RT. I'm not saying Liver-Tree is a bust, but he isn't ready and it will have to be incredible improvement before opening day. I don't see that happening in 30 days. I hope I am wrong.

I think the overall point got lost here. Our oline, in their first game action, played well against one of the the best d-lines in football. Levitre looked pretty bad and was by far the weakest link. That said, no one was flat out beating him. They were overpowering him. Hopefully, this is somthing that can be fixed with more work on his techinque. But I think peopel should be very encouraged about the oline's play. 4 more games should only serve to strength the unit.

I'd give Levitre 2 more games to prove himself. However, it is going to be tough not put Bell in the lineup if he continues to play well and I think Butler deserves to paly as well. there maybe some tough decisions coming up.

im amazed by the bold concrete assertions being made after one preseason game. Levitre isnt ready bc he got blown off the ball one play? how do we know he wasnt supposed to have help on that play?

Its impossible as the casual fan to determine who missed their assignment. You dont know what the assignment was, sometimes you are supposed to let a guy run around you, our youre supposed to just push him down the line and look for someone else. - yes i played in west coast offense in college, and during film reviews there were some plays, if you were a fan watching, it appeared as though an assignment was blown when in fact you were not getting a minus on the play.

I think everyone needs to chill out, you dont know enough to evaluate the line play from watching it on TV for one game and maybe some camp practices.

I know there is, but the other poster is arguing that those plays didn't happen... or something.

I am saying, that you dont know the Bills line calls, and yes Wood ignored that DT on that play. I am saying that maybe, he was SUPPOSED TO ignore the DT on said play. Without knowing the Bills line calls, we cannot determine whos assignment that DT was.

Right on K-Gun^^^^