Thursday Blues

Chef Jim

That's right blues fans BLZFAN is dusting off the Thursday Blues thread.

I'm working on my 5th Molson XXX and this is just the type of mood that I'm in. Let's kick it of with

There will be more to come.

Good contributions are welcome. :lol::D

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I polished off a 6 pack of Molson XXX. Too bad I only bought a 6'er! :D So now I'm working on the 7 remaining Coors Light's that are in the garage fridge. That's a Blues song in the making right there - having to switch from xxx to Rocky Mountain piss water.

Back to the music...

Son House - Death Letter Blues.

BLZFAN has the blues this Thursday night because tomorrow marks the two year anniversary of my mom's sudden death at 60 years old. Life is precious and fleeting.

I don't need a lesson about the Blues. I have contributed many "authentic" Blues selections to this thread. Tonight I'm merely mean "sad songs".

So this thread is now like Steely's hot babe thread? :worthy:

• 3 months later...
Never content to let The Dean have the last word on anything, thought I'd resurrect Chef Jim's great Thursday Blues thread (and, Deano, keep it 'bluesy)'...

Nice version, but Jimmy Vaughn doesn't really belong on this stage, IMO.

Like Muddy Waters shouted, last time I saw him at Shea's with Johnny Winter and James Cotton...

"Let's keep this band steady, now!!!!!"

Don't matter Dean, whether or not Jiimmy belongs on that stage - if I'm invited to play with 3 legends, I'm f'in there baby...suckiness and all. All that aside, EC's the only one capable of any real 'shreddin' up there, and he's just relaxin' & jammin' to a great ol' blues standard with the rest of 'em.

I know you know good blues - link me somthin', brother....after all...

How Blue Can You Get?

Like Muddy Waters shouted, last time I saw him at Shea's with Johnny Winter and James Cotton...

"Let's keep this band steady, now!!!!!"

Don't matter Dean, whether or not Jiimmy belongs on that stage - if I'm invited to play with 3 legends, I'm f'in there baby...suckiness and all. All that aside, EC's the only one capable of any real 'shreddin' up there, and he's just relaxin' & jammin' to a great ol' blues standard with the rest of 'em.

I know you know good blues - link me somthin', brother....after all...

How Blue Can You Get?

I wasn't suggesting JV should have declined the gig, or that he sucks...I don't think he sucks. And I have no problem with him playing rhythm guitar on that stage (yes my initial reaction was a bit of hyperbole). But I don't think he belongs on the front row, with his name listed among the headliners. Of course, since he is SRV's brother and has had a good career, I understand why he is in that front row. If JV is like the Jim Belushi of blues guitarists. Consider my remark more observation than criticism.

And I wouldn't exactly call Clapton a shredder, at least not a blues shredder (a la Roy Buchanan). But he is a legit blues guitarist. BB and Buddy are outstanding blues guitarists, IMO. They may not be speed demons, but every note they play oozes the blues.

I wasn't suggesting JV should have declined the gig, or that he sucks...I don't think he sucks. And I have no problem with him playing rhythm guitar on that stage (yes my initial reaction was a bit of hyperbole). But I don't think he belongs on the front row, with his name listed among the headliners. Of course, since he is SRV's brother and has had a good career, I understand why he is in that front row. If JV is like the Jim Belushi of blues guitarists. Consider my remark more observation than criticism.

And I wouldn't exactly call Clapton a shredder, at least not a blues shredder (a la Roy Buchanan). But he is a legit blues guitarist. BB and Buddy are outstanding blues guitarists, IMO. They may not be speed demons, but every note they play oozes the blues.

Well said. Fair enough. (In Jimmy's defense, he was obviously in awe of his stage-mates, as evidenced by the difficulty with his guitar strap.)

Anyway, I only post blues on Thursdays - maybe a 'Rockin' Fridays' thread is in order?

Enjoy some...

Mister Telecaster