In NE they said game may be over at halftime

Ray

Guest Crutzfield-Jacob Bills

Don't rip on MadBuffalo. His passion is commendable if not misplaced. He is the ultimate homer and apologist after all.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So will I, since you make a habit of contantly whining about the officials whenever it suits your agenda.

111532[/snapback]

You must be a fairly new Pats fan (as most are) since the Pats fans are renowned for their biased officiating complaints in their not so distant inglorious past.

So will I, since you make a habit of contantly whining about the officials whenever it suits your agenda.

111532[/snapback]

My "agenda" is to see my team play a game officiated fairly. However when they play the Patriots in a close game, like the last one, that never happens. The zebras made up a RTP call on Fletcher on a FG drive that otherwise would have been a 4th down punt. They also missed Givens fumbling right before the half on what ended up being a TD drive, and blew an unnecessarily quick whistle a split second before Dillon fumbled on the go-ahead TD drive. Then you have games against the Raiders, Rams, and Colts, Pgh receivers talking about how the Pats cheat, and so on, and it's FAR from an "agenda."

You must be a fairly new Pats fan (as most are) since the Pats fans are renowned for their biased officiating complaints in their not so distant inglorious past.

I've been a Pats fan (and football fan) all my life, and I know that the Pats (like all teams) have bad calls go for them and against them every game. Only fans looking for excuses for their team's losing ways turn to blaming the refs.

Maybe not Payton, but better than Henry.  And that's from a Henry fan.     

Well the zebras will ALWAYS be a factor.  I'll actually be amazed if I can come here after the game and say it was officiated fairly, win or lose, but the truth is the Pats are SB champs thanks to the refs, and still continue to get calls they shouldn't.  You and your ilk are simply too weak of character to acknowledge that, because I guess this favoritism somehow corrects some screwing-over the Pats got against the Raiders back in the early 80's playoffs or because "it all evens out."  I mean, how many MORE teams can get screwed-over by the zebras while playing the Pats?

111134[/snapback]

ill be surprised if you dont start making excuses before the game even starts....oh wait, you just did

My "agenda" is to see my team play a game officiated fairly.  However when they play the Patriots in a close game, like the last one, that never happens.  The zebras made up a RTP call on Fletcher on a FG drive that otherwise would have been a 4th down punt.  They also missed Givens fumbling right before the half on what ended up being a TD drive, and blew an unnecessarily quick whistle a split second before Dillon fumbled on the go-ahead TD drive.  Then you have games against the Raiders, Rams, and Colts, Pgh receivers talking about how the Pats cheat, and so on, and it's FAR from an "agenda."

111649[/snapback]

nope, it's an agenda

you people that talk about new patriots fans are not too smart-we have a waiting list of 50,000, and every game has been on TV since 1993.  the bills, however, have had blackouts

111821[/snapback]

Do you really want to compair the population size of Boston, Providence, Conn vs Buffalo, Rochester, Toronto?

As for the discussion of the Refs, I agree (gasp!) with Hollywood and Brady that discussing bad officiating even before the game is played is in poor taste.

Sure, the Bills (and other teams) have been screwed by the refs (do we need to remember the "just give it to 'em" game in Foxboro?). But that is part of the game. I do not subscribe to the belief that the Pats get any more breaks than any other team from the Zebras. The difference is that the Pats, at least over the past 3 years, have been able to capatalize on MORE of the breaks they get than any other team. That's not bad officiating, that's just good football.

Do you really want to compair the population size of Boston, Providence, Conn vs Buffalo, Rochester, Toronto?

As for the discussion of the Refs, I agree (gasp!) with Hollywood and Brady that discussing bad officiating even before the game is played is in poor taste.

Sure, the Bills (and other teams) have been screwed by the refs (do we need to remember the "just give it to 'em" game in Foxboro?). But that is part of the game. I do not subscribe to the belief that the Pats get any more breaks than any other team from the Zebras. The difference is that the Pats, at least over the past 3 years, have been able to capatalize on MORE of the breaks they get than any other team. That's not bad officiating, that's just good football.

111832[/snapback]

How many "breaks" did the Bills get in the previous game against the Pats, versus how many "breaks" the Pats got? When half the teams in the NFL/players talk about how the Pats get away with stuff other teams don't, it's more than just the Pats getting shafted as much as everyone else. Contrary to some people's beliefs, it doesn't all "even out" in the end, just like it didn't for the Raiders in that playoff game in 2001, or the Colts last season.

And as for talking about officiating BEFORE the game being in bad taste, it's no worse taste than having to watch biased officiating DURING the game.  It's no wonder that the Pats are talked about the most when it comes to biased officiating.

111865[/snapback]

I just don't see what the point is of dicussing it as fans before teh game even takes place, you know? It's as if we are already making excuses for a Bills loss before the team even plays a down.

If there is something egregious during the game, then by all means discuss it, but why predict it? It's not like either team has a say on the matter.

I just don't see what the point is of dicussing it as fans before teh game even takes place, you know? It's as if we are already making excuses for a Bills loss before the team even plays a down.

If there is something egregious during the game, then by all means discuss it, but why predict it? It's not like either team has a say on the matter.

111874[/snapback]

I'm talking about it because I'm EXPECTING it to happen. If it doesn't, great, I'll say so. If it does and the Bills lose in a blowout, I won't even bother talking about it. If it does and it's a close game, I'll be livid, just like I was a few weeks ago. I'm sick of it. As I've said before, they're a good, well-coached team who don't NEED the zebras to favor them.

While Madcow is bringing it up....he isn't alone in thinking that way....

Most of us just except the fact that we are going to have to overcome bad offiating in order to get a win.....

We have been getting screwed all season...so it comes as no suprise....but since there is nothing that can done about it just OVERCOME IT

you people that talk about new patriots fans are not too smart-we have a waiting list of 50,000, and every game has been on TV since 1993.  the bills, however, have had blackouts

111821[/snapback]

Did the Patriots have a waiting list of 50,000 before they won their first Super Bowl? Didn't think so.

Population of the city of Boston, 2000: 589,141

Population of greater Boston, 2000: approximately 5.7 million

Population of the city of Buffalo, 2000: 292,648

Population of Erie and Niagara counties, NY, 2000: 1,170,111

2002 Patriots: defending Super Bowl champions; total home attendance 547,488.

2002 Bills: coming off 3-13 season; total home attendance 547,702.

2003 Patriots: total home attendance 524,430

2003 Bills: total home attendance 584,122

Any other pearls of wisdom to add?

Helmet/Hollywood, you guys have earned your chops on TSW. This maroon hasn't. And from the looks of what he's posted so far, I don't expect him to.

While Madcow is bringing it up....he isn't alone in thinking that way....

Most of us just except the fact that we are going to have to overcome bad offiating in order to get a win.....

We have been getting screwed all season...so it comes as no suprise....but since there is nothing that can done about it just OVERCOME IT

111891[/snapback]

That's what I've been saying. The Bills will have to overcome the lousy officiating they can expect. Pointing it out after-the-fact gets you nowhere, just like it didn't in 1998.

Did the Patriots have a waiting list of 50,000 before they won their first Super Bowl? Didn't think so.

Population of the city of Boston, 2000: 589,141

Population of greater Boston, 2000: approximately 5.7 million

Population of the city of Buffalo, 2000: 292,648

Population of Erie and Niagara counties, NY, 2000: 1,170,111

2002 Patriots: defending Super Bowl champions; total home attendance 547,488.

2002 Bills: coming off 3-13 season; total home attendance 547,702.

2003 Patriots: total home attendance 524,430

2003 Bills: total home attendance 584,122

Any other pearls of wisdom to add?

Helmet/Hollywood, you guys have earned your chops on TSW. This maroon hasn't. And from the looks of what he's posted so far, I don't expect him to.

111894[/snapback]

believe me, i'm not looking for your approval for anything other than adding fries to my order

The Pats might win, but the game will not be over by halftime. High powered offenses and dominating defenses make games over by halftime. The Pats don't have neither one.

The Pats however are a smart team that knows how to create their own breaks(along with the refs).

I do not think the Patriots talent is superior to the Bills. This game comes down to coaching, which the Pats have an advantage. MM needs to try and stay a step ahead the whole game.

That's an excellent response by someone who was just B word slapped.  :D

111941[/snapback]

Did you expect anything better? I mean, honestly. Like you say all the time, AD....

Facts suck.