TO Predicts Close Game with New England

john

Sounds like someone needs their diaper changed.

Are you really blaming the refs for the 38-7, 56-10, 20-10 (game wasn't that close), and 13-0 games? And already you have an excuse made when the Bills get beat down again.

Every time I go to New Hampshire, I think "what is that smell?". Now I know.

No, he's blaming them (as would anyone with eyes) for the 19-17 or so game three years ago, the "just give it to them" game and the game in which an unconscious Pats* player was found to somehow still have retained possession of a ball that was clearly Buffalo's. Those are just the games in which the officials screwed the Bills against the Pats*--as I'm sure you know, other teams all over the League have gotten the similar shaft the last decade or so as well when facing you.

Reminds me--I was on vacation in Hawaii two weeks ago, talking football with the porter who'd commented on my Bills hat. Somehow New England came up and he, on his own, brought up how badly the Ravens got screwed in that Monday night game two years ago against you. Pats* fans love to think that it's just folks like us here in their division who hate them and think they cheat, but in reality it's fans all over the country.....

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, look. Beavis has arrived to back up Butthead. Keep blaming the refs for the upcoming 45-17 loss. :thumbdown:

If we kick your arse that game, will you promise to stay away? That would make it worth the price of admission.....

No, he's blaming them (as would anyone with eyes) for the 19-17 or so game three years ago, the "just give it to them" game and the game in which an unconscious Pats* player was found to somehow still have retained possession of a ball that was clearly Buffalo's. Those are just the games in which the officials screwed the Bills against the Pats*--as I'm sure you know, other teams all over the League have gotten the similar shaft the last decade or so as well when facing you.

You said "those are just the games", and yet you only mentioned one game.

Reminds me--I was on vacation in Hawaii two weeks ago, talking football with the porter who'd commented on my Bills hat. Somehow New England came up and he, on his own, brought up how badly the Ravens got screwed in that Monday night game two years ago against you. Pats* fans love to think that it's just folks like us here in their division who hate them and think they cheat, but in reality it's fans all over the country.....

Oh, the game where the Ravens called timeout prior to the 4th and 1? That was their own fault, not a screwjob. The Patriots made the same mistake against the Colts this past season, but I don't hear you crying about it.

I know it's just a quote and of course players are going to say positive things about their team to the media, but reading this made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. I haven't seen attitude and excitment like this sense the days of Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas. Granted there was excitement when Bledsoe came to town, but he never was much of a vocal leader, at least not in my opinion.

Quote of the Day

"Trust me. Trust me when I say this: It's not gonna be an easy game for New England. Trust me."

— Terrell Owens, asked by a fan if the Bills would beat the Patriots in the season opener..

GO BILLS!!!!!!

John in NC

Owens stole Belichick's line.

If the Bills make it harder than 56-10, it will represent one small step for TO, and a giant leap for Billskind.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as excited about this season as the next guy, but that doesn't exactly sound like a ringing endorsement of a victory. Actually, it kinda sounds like he's still saying we're gonna lose, but we're gonna put up a good fight. Eff that. I don't want us to put up a good fight. I want us to punch the Patriots square in the mouth and kick them when they're down.

Now I know pro players have to watch what they say and make sure they're not giving the other team bulletin board clips or extra motivation, but still, that just doesn't get me super excited.

But I'm just as excited about this season as any....

That's what it sounded like to me, too.

You said "those are just the games", and yet you only mentioned one game.

Oh, the game where the Ravens called timeout prior to the 4th and 1? That was their own fault, not a screwjob. The Patriots made the same mistake against the Colts this past season, but I don't hear you crying about it.

Once again, you show your ignorance--how long have you been a Pats* fan? 2002?

First off, those were three separate games against the Bills I referenced. Any real Pats* fan with a knowledge of their own history would understand that, but I'll bet you weren't a Pats* fan for at least the "Just Give It To Them" game, as that was played about 9 or 10 years ago. Maybe not for the head out of bounds game, either. You surely must remember the 2006 opener, however, which the Pats* won by a whopping 2. Here's what TMQ said about that one:

"The Patriots were flagged for just one 5-yard infraction, although there were at least four plays on which a Patriots offensive lineman wrapped both arms around a Buffalo pass-rusher, and the Flying Elvii benefited from an extremely convenient inadvertent whistle that ended a play when a Buffalo runner had 50 yards of green grass between him and the end zone.

Meanwhile, the Bills were hit with seven penalties, including a ticky-tack nudge-in-the-back call that wiped out a fourth-quarter first down in New England territory and changed a scoring opportunity into a punt."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...terbrook/060912

In the Ravens game there was more than one bad call or no call at the end of that game--in fact there were several. So many that Bart Scott spoke his (and many others') mind and got fined by the League. My personal favorite was a fourth and about 5 deep in Ravens territory. Brady goes back to pass, looks around, looks around, the pocket breaks down and he makes a run for it, barely squeaking out the 5 yards. Lo and behold, there was a flag on the Ravens--a very late flag, only thrown when the pocket broke down. You could see it thrown on TV, by the way. The call? Illegal contact for the defender on Moss, who was bumped AT THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE PLAY, so why the flag only 4 seconds into the play when the pocket broke down and it appeared that Brady may not make the first down? BTW, the replay showed nothing more than a legal bump at the line. Or how about the other defensive hold on one of your TE's in the same drive, which the replay showed never happened. You see, there were multiple bad calls just on that drive, as any fan outside NE* recognized when the game was played. As I noted, I can't explain why these things happen, I'll leave that to you, but I only know what my eyes tell me......

If I were T.O. I might think about keeping my mouth shut. Stirring up a hornets nest is not the thing to do .Bradys comeback and a stirred up Monday Night crowd is enough to deal with. It doesn`t take much to get these stories twisted. I would lay low until the ball is in the air . Then I would show them what you got. :worthy:

Careful, now, with your comments on the atrocious officiating that seems to follow the Pats* wherever they go or Mr. WEO (and maybe even Tim Graham) will call you a conspiracy theorist. That said, I'm with you, brother, on that one--as I've told both of them, I just know what my eyes (and the rule book) tell me. Not sure there's a conspiracy behind it, but boy oh boy do they seem to get all the calls and no calls in the book. Want to read something funny? Check out patsfans.com and the thread there on how the new officiating emphasis on calling offensive holding will somehow benefit the Colts (who always hold, don't you know). Pot meet kettle. I love that TMQ column where he talks about "the Flying Elvii" linemen just about tackling our DE's for much of the game a few years ago with not a single flag to show for it (they were penalized once for five yards the whole game, the game in which a sure Buffalo TD pick was called back by an "inadvertent whistle"). If I hadn't been banned there, I'd have linked them to it!

As for this year's game, if history is any guide we will indeed need to find a game plan for the refs as well as the Pats*......

Look, the "just give it to them" call was an outrage. But the we have lost to the pats 4 times by a total of 127 -27 in the post video cheating era. Show me how the refs gave the pats that result.

You guys typify the small but annoying number of posters here with a total loser mentality, just like those who complain when some national media outlet "disses" Buff in some nonsense way. You are already making excuses for a Bills loss and the season hasn't even started yet! You act like the Bills are a few dirty refs away from winning the AFCE.

Grow up. Stop crying over events that haven't happened and hope for the best.

Look, the "just give it to them" call was an outrage. But the we have lost to the pats 4 times by a total of 127 -27 in the post video cheating era. Show me how the refs gave the pats that result.

You guys typify the small but annoying number of posters here with a total loser mentality, just like those who complain when some national media outlet "disses" Buff in some nonsense way. You are already making excuses for a Bills loss and the season hasn't even started yet! You act like the Bills are a few dirty refs away from winning the AFCE.

I hate Brady and the Patsies but I have to agree with you. All bark and no bite ,well we don`t even bark so I guess this isn`t true either. Fire-um Up Dick ?

To paraphrase Tonto, "What's the "we" stuff, kemosabe?" You're a Bills fan? Yeah, right, tell me another one.....

I'm making no excuses for a game that hasn't been played yet, but I'll say the same thing before this one that I say every time we play the Pats*--just don't let the refs decide this one. Many times they haven't--mainly the blowouts, but even last year's games, which were closer, the refs did not cost us those games.

Yet as noted above, there have been several close games that seem to get handed to New England on a platter, and it's not just when they play us. I'll repeat my longstanding question that I've yet to get a legit answer from Pats* fans on--name me just one recent game (i.e, the last ten years or so) that the Pats* have lost in which a bad call or no call (acknowledged as such by fans outside the Pats* fanbase) from the officials late in the game played a big part in. I can name a whole bunch that went the other way, as can most real fans of the game. If these things were truly random, it would even out at some point, no? Yet I've never heard a legit answer on this from any Pats* fan and I've been asking it for about two years now.....

If its been brought up I am sorry, but the"Tuck Rule" game started the whole thing, and even Bellicheat admitted he got away with it, so what is anyone to do, aside from beating them at their own game, let's end their party and start our own, kick their a$$es back to 1-15!!!

The bogus roughing the passer called against the Patriots vs the Raiders in 1976 springs to mind. What's that? Too far back? It's more relevant that the (correct) David Patten out of bounds call in a regular season game vs the Bills, and it screwed the Patriots in the playoffs.

I do also remember something against the Colts in the 2006 playoffs with some kind of bogus PI call on Ellis Hobbs, but I don't care enough to check or even remember exactly. Because I attribute the 32 second half points given up by the Patriots as the reason they lost.

That was the AFCCG, for a chance to go to another Super Bowl, and I could give a crap whether it was a bogus call on Hobbs or not. You, meanwhile, have a library of every god damn play and you cry and whine about every call and you're already making excuses for this upcoming season that the refs are out to screw the Bills. How about you just shut up and enjoy the games?

The 2008 Patriots were one of my favorite teams even despite missing the playoffs. Seeing Cassel develop and get better as the season went on was a joy to watch, and the team still came together despite missing several key starters.

Just quit whining and enjoy watching the Bills play.

If its been brought up I am sorry, but the"Tuck Rule" game started the whole thing, and even Bellicheat admitted he got away with it, so what is anyone to do, aside from beating them at their own game, let's end their party and start our own, kick their a$$es back to 1-15!!!

While we're at it, let's bring back the Neanderthals...