I just thought I'd let everyone know what they don't

ans4e64

Yeah, it's just training camp. :devil: No, it's much more than that. The Bills are moving guys around on the O-Line like it's going out of style. This strategy will blow up in our faces and get Trent Edwards killed. No way he lasts all year long.

To all of you saying, "this is just training camp" and "the defense is supposed to be way ahead of the offense at this stage of camp", should go to their kitchen and try to create a meal using different kinds of seasoning than what would normally be used for a particular type of dish and see how well that works out for you. :devil:

Yeah, it's just training camp. :devil: No, it's much more than that. The Bills are moving guys around on the O-Line like it's going out of style. This strategy will blow up in our faces and get Trent Edwards killed. No way he lasts all year long.

To all of you saying, "this is just training camp" and "the defense is supposed to be way ahead of the offense at this stage of camp", should go to their kitchen and try to create a meal using different kinds of seasoning than what would normally be used for a particular type of dish and see how well that works out for you. :devil:

Not too sure the analogy worked here harami. I think everyone needs to calm down about the OLine. In drills where the defense knows its going to be a pass or has no concern for the run because they cannot tackle full speed ways, the Olinemen will always get beat. Gameplay is much different where these oversized sprinters on the edges have more to be concerned with than blowing off the ball straight into pass rush as soon as the ball moves. And I didn't take the time to read all the posts so I'm not sure if this was established, but the reason they run every play to completion is for motivational purposes. Failure breeds failure. Believe every play is going to be a touchdown and that bleeds through into game play. Everyone take a deep breathhhh :devil:

I've been to 3 practices now, and I thought I should point out what they don't tell you in the practice reports from Chris Brown. Anyone who doesn't attend, but reads up on what happens daily, see's continuous long touchdown passes to Owens, Evans, and a lot of other people. What they don't tell you is, that Edwards was already "sacked" on the play and it wouldn't have counted. Walker and Butler get beat almost every other play, at least one of them does, but they just continue on with it like it never happened, and after 6 seconds of looking around, Trent tosses one up and Owens catches it for a "touchdown." The crowd goes nuts.

This has happened in all 3 practices I've been to, and has me worried for the season to begin. I just don't know what the coaches are doing. Our tackles are clearly overmatched. Are they just thinking they will get better? I can't understand. Anyone that "goes toe to toe" with Chris Kelsay back and forth, like Chris Brown reported, is not adequate enough to be a solid starter at OT. Bell got beat like a drum yesterday, by guys I've never heard of before. I didn't get to see the guards much, I was usually distracted by the defensive end walking around our offensive tackles or pushing them into Trent's face.

Sorry to post something so negative, but it frustrates me that Chris Brown ignores this in his reporting, and I thought someone should tell you. It also frustrates me that when this goes on, and the fans all around cheer as if Edwards wasn't really sacked or something. I thought our offense was pitiful yesterday. The red zone work was embarrassing.

I hope that Walker and Butler can get better with more reps... or something, because they are the key to our entire offense being able to run correctly.

Walker may suck at left tackle but I don't think so. He outplayed Peters last year. Compare their stats. Peters was an overrated whiny crybaby.

Not too sure the analogy worked here harami. I think everyone needs to calm down about the OLine. In drills where the defense knows its going to be a pass or has no concern for the run because they cannot tackle full speed ways, the Olinemen will always get beat. Gameplay is much different where these oversized sprinters on the edges have more to be concerned with than blowing off the ball straight into pass rush as soon as the ball moves. And I didn't take the time to read all the posts so I'm not sure if this was established, but the reason they run every play to completion is for motivational purposes. Failure breeds failure. Believe every play is going to be a touchdown and that bleeds through into game play. Everyone take a deep breathhhh :devil:

Some people don't get it.

They would be the ones who have never participated in or visited a Football training camp...

They come here to blow off steam because they've been getting picked on all day in real life and figure since they don't need to see anyone face to face, they can spew their crack-like ideas to us.

"Ya, I'm gonna go on-line and compare our new Offensive Line to some meat tenderizer, that sounds like a cool idea" - :devil:

Really?? A week into camp and you're convinced Trent's dead meat?? All this while in Miami?? You're pretty good, Harami, you should submit your resume to the FO... :devil:

Walker may suck at left tackle but I don't think so. He outplayed Peters last year. Compare their stats. Peters was an overrated whiny crybaby.

Thank you! I remember being pretty damned happy about how Walker was playing that first month or whatever it was.

I can only hope that we see Turk Schonert become a genius this year, that's all I can say. And remember, you can do alot of things, with even mediocre guys, if you get the defense tired and confused, so let's all pray for the no-huddle thing to actually WORK, eh?

I don't wanna see this team squander the T.O. show for the one season they have with him, that's all I know.

Some people don't get it.

They would be the ones who have never participated in or visited a Football training camp...

They come here to blow off steam because they've been getting picked on all day in real life and figure since they don't need to see anyone face to face, they can spew their crack-like ideas to us.

"Ya, I'm gonna go on-line and compare our new Offensive Line to some meat tenderizer, that sounds like a cool idea" - :devil:

Really?? A week into camp and you're convinced Trent's dead meat?? All this while in Miami?? You're pretty good, Harami, you should submit your resume to the FO... :devil:

Maybe I should be a little more optimistic-just like your handle. :devil:

BTW. I can deal with one position change on the offensive line. Maybe even two, and that's only if I had no choice, but to have 4 out of your five possible starters on the line starting at brand new positions is the easiest way to get your QB killed. No one here, with any certainty, can say that the Bills will be fine on the O-Line.

Thank you! I remember being pretty damned happy about how Walker was playing that first month or whatever it was.

I can only hope that we see Turk Schonert become a genius this year, that's all I can say. And remember, you can do alot of things, with even mediocre guys, if you get the defense tired and confused, so let's all pray for the no-huddle thing to actually WORK, eh?

I don't wanna see this team squander the T.O. show for the one season they have with him, that's all I know.

I just re-watched the Seattle game again and payed close attention to LW as well as Chambers. LW didn't have a great game, he struggled a lot. He had trouble in the run game and in pass pro as well. Some people here have said that Walker went up against Kerney and shut him down. Not true. LW didn't even face off against Kerney much, if at all.

As far as KC goes, I can see why the Bills brass moved him to guard. He simply can't hack it at tackle.

Face it, guys. The O-Line will be a problem area for the Bills this year.

BTW. I want to go on record saying that Eric Wood will be a force on the line in the near future. He is the only real silver lining in the unit.

"Clearly an interesting day, practice-wise. I thought Trent looked good. The guys are really behind him. I mean the defense is really behind him. All over him, actually. But you can't prepare for that. We ignored them and the guys are really trying so I gave them a couple days off. They practice hard, they really do. So, we will try to be satisfactory for the Patriots and we'll go from there."

:devil:

You forgot to add "It's hard to avoid sacks in the NFL".

Maybe I should be a little more optimistic-just like your handle. :devil:

BTW. I can deal with one position change on the offensive line. Maybe even two, and that's only if I had no choice, but to have 4 out of your five possible starters on the line starting at brand new positions is the easiest way to get your QB killed. No one here, with any certainty, can say that the Bills will be fine on the O-Line.

Crap, I forgot about my screen name, well played - :devil:

I agree with you about our O-Line being a huge question mark, that wasn't really the topic here, though.

The thread was about how our line was getting beat, during training camp, the first week.

As much as we all know our O-Line will probably be our weakest link, screaming it's over because you saw some guys at camp beat the line is a little premature.

Call me after Monday night when Trent gets ran on the first series and Fitz eats a grass sammich on his first play, then we'll have problems! (nothing against the chroisen one)

Enough already with this negative crap. Tell us the important stuff like, are they practicing their endzone TD celebrations enough? Have any of the receivers shown some new routines or crazy stuff? How's the choreography of the running backs group TD celebration going? Will The Ralph Rocket replace the Lambeau Leap in 2009? Has TO anything hidden in his shoe? Did anyone practice taking a ceremonial dump on the 50 yard line of this piece of real estate? Inquiring minds want to know.

Guest dog14787

I really think we hit the jackpot with Wood. Revamping our O-line although somewhat of a setback will work in the Bills favor once Levitre and Wood get up to speed in my opinion.

I really like Wood allot, he's going to be a force to be reckoned with for years to come :devil:

It sucks having to read a thread started by someone who obviously has NEVER played Football before.....

no kidding the Defense beat the O-Line, welcome to TRAINING CAMP!!!!!!!!!!!

All disgust aside, I'm sure Mr. Brown was reporting as if each touchdown was an ESPN top 10 highlight and that the receivers danced the night away in the end zone with each grab, but this is business as usual in camp. Defenses aren't typically working on as much as the Offense is, and especially in regards to the O-Line. Throw in the fact we're sporting 2 rookies and a LT that doesn't want to be there, and ya, our D guys had BETTER be getting to Edwards this early on in camp...

I played at the D-1 level, and I'd be happy to run around and through your ass on the field any day of the week. I'm just letting you know what I see, so relax. Maybe you're not concerned as I am that our overweight and stiff tackles aren't getting the job done early on, but I certainly am. I also think, or hope, that Butler and Walker will both get better throughout camp and the preseason with more and more reps. I'm just simply letting you know that if they do not, we won't win more than 5 games this year based on how it is looking.

I'm not to concerned on how well the O line plays in training camp or even preseason, its when the footballs start flying in Foxborough that will have me worried.

The world will see how the Bills O line plays at the HoF game against Tenn Titans, they won't be able to hide anything against a good Titan defense.

If the Bills coaches have a lick of sense they will not show anything but vanilla passing plays and constant runs to the back up RBs, maybe let Trent work in one series in the 3rd QTR.

HoF game, Sunday Aug 9th... getting close :thumbdown:

I played at the D-1 level, and I'd be happy to run around and through your ass on the field any day of the week. I'm just letting you know what I see, so relax. Maybe you're not concerned as I am that our overweight and stiff tackles aren't getting the job done early on, but I certainly am. I also think, or hope, that Butler and Walker will both get better throughout camp and the preseason with more and more reps. I'm just simply letting you know that if they do not, we won't win more than 5 games this year based on how it is looking.

Really? I doubt it, bud, because I played AFTER the D-1 level, as DE and LB, so check up on who you're threatening next time...

You're right, I'm not concerned, because it's WEEK1 TRAINING CAMP!!!! The first thing the staff says on the first minute of the first day is, "don't touch the QB, run right by him." They say that for a reason, all star. It's because the D WILL in fact get back there, and should, on just about every play.

You obviously are one of those old O-Lineman who used to get butt-hurt during the first week of practice after getting blown over by a DE. It's cool, I used to deal with guys like you all the time.

And another thing, we have a "I can predict the future with my record pick" thread elsewhere. Take your 5 games with you on the way out.... :thumbdown: