Hilton Head Island

Just got back from hilton head and i have to say it is one of my favorite vacation spots that i have ever been too. it was 90 and above for the 10 days i was there. the seafood is phenomenal. the golf courses are world class and even though i think the ocean is a little overrated the beach there is awesome. just sharing a little bit of my experiences and wondering if anyone else has been there and their experiences?

I've never been to Hilton Head but Myrtle Beach twice. Beach is very underrated and of course the golf is fantastic. First time we were there we stayed at a little Holiday Inn on the beach just south of Myrtle(Surfside Beach) and it was really fun. Second time we stayed at a suite/condo kinda deal. I think that was in a place called Litchfield but it was long ago. Golfed every day and ate like kings at night.

Just got back from hilton head and i have to say it is one of my favorite vacation spots that i have ever been too. it was 90 and above for the 10 days i was there. the seafood is phenomenal. the golf courses are world class and even though i think the ocean is a little overrated the beach there is awesome. just sharing a little bit of my experiences and wondering if anyone else has been there and their experiences?

I went down for Easter earlier this year. It was my first time back since the late 90's and it hasn't changed much. It is beautiful, laid back, great golf as you mentioned, and great if you have a family. It is the opposite of Myrtle Beach which is ideal to me.

I went down for Easter earlier this year. It was my first time back since the late 90's and it hasn't changed much. It is beautiful, laid back, great golf as you mentioned, and great if you have a family. It is the opposite of Myrtle Beach which is ideal to me.

i acutually went down for my gf's brothers wedding. we stayed at a condo in the port royal plantation from last friday to this past friday. we then stayed at the westin resort (which is where his wedding was). it was more of a family atmosphere but i was talking to a couple of locals and they said the other side of the island towards the bermuda triangle area was more of a party scene

I did my externship from culinary school there many years ago. Loved it so much my wife and I went there for vacation several years later. Great place, great golf (if I played) great food, great weather. I would absolutely go there again. Not my favorite place but pretty high up the list.

If you liked Hilton Head you should check out St. Simons Island, Ga or Sea Island, Ga......a lot like Hilton Head but the Golf is even better......Sea Island is one of the best courses in the world. I lived on St. Simons for 5+ years......it was awesome.

Is there much to do for families there? Kids are 11 and 8. Always wondered what other than beach there is to do in Hilton Head

If your kids are the active types, there are miles and miles of bike trails throughout the island that are fun to explore and are pretty much a daily activity. There are a ton of great restaurants and plenty of museums that are family oriented.

Don't get me wrong, its not Disney World, but between the beach, shopping at Harbor Town or around the island, the serenity, enterprising good times for the family shouldn't be that difficult.

If your kids are the active types, there are miles and miles of bike trails throughout the island that are fun to explore and are pretty much a daily activity. There are a ton of great restaurants and plenty of museums that are family oriented.

Don't get me wrong, its not Disney World, but between the beach, shopping at Harbor Town or around the island, the serenity, enterprising good times for the family shouldn't be that difficult.

your're right its not disney but actually there are a ton of things to do for the family. the westin resort (where i stayed part of the time) offers recreation activites until 10pm i believe for families. there is horseback riding, parasailing, dolphin watching, jet skiing, water skiing, boogie boarding, skim boarding and a bunch of other things. i am planning on going back down in december.

p.s. the heat and humidity in the south in july is INSANE

your're right its not disney but actually there are a ton of things to do for the family. the westin resort (where i stayed part of the time) offers recreation activites until 10pm i believe for families. there is horseback riding, parasailing, dolphin watching, jet skiing, water skiing, boogie boarding, skim boarding and a bunch of other things. i am planning on going back down in december.

p.s. the heat and humidity in the south in july is INSANE

I agree. We stayed at the Westin also and we always had something to do. If you rent a car, I would add Savannah as an area to visit. It is less than 45 minutes away and has some very cool areas down by the waterfront.

My sister and Bro in law vacation there sometimes (he has friends there) they say it is a great place and have been bugging me to go, maybe I will? (I'm really disapointed in you guys, a thread with Hilton and head in the title and nothin?)