Marshawn first team reps

Is giving Marshawn the first team reps through camp the best approach to getting this team ready?

I had the same question in my mind when I read that "he is getting the vast majority of the snaps". Maybe they should at least split the snaps somewhat?

But who am I, Dickie knows what he is doing :rolleyes:

uhh...maybe because for 13 out of 16 games he will be the starting running back. seems logical to me. no wait...this is tsw. we should give him shoddy practice reps because he will miss the first 3 games. our inability to see past week one makes this the logical thing to do. i apologize for questioning anyone on this issue stating otherwise

since its under appeal there is technically the chance it gets reversed. thus i would say yes, for now keep him with the first team

clearly the time will come when that technicality disappears. thats the time to demote him, and there will be plenty of time after that to get Action first team, well, action

Is giving Marshawn the first team reps through camp the best approach to getting this team ready?

It's the first week of training camp! He gets to play in the pre-season games as well. Let's remember its also still JULY. Kirk Chambers is getting first team reps as well for God's sake. Fred Jackson is not an unknown rookie.

Since be is likely to be the starter for as many as 13 (or more?) games, I'd have to say "Yes, he should be taking reps with the first team." Now if he takes ALL the 1st team reps during camp, then something is wrong.

It may not matter really. Unless our O-Line comes right out of the gate dominating the line it may not matter who is #1. We may end up clicking a few games in, when Lynch is scheduled to return.

Kind of ironic that posters were complaining that some players needed to get in camp and get reps with the starters and at the same time don't mind a guy that isn't going to play for the first 3 games taking the reps from the guys that will be.

Good to see nobody sees any problem with it.

Kind of ironic that posters were complaining that some players needed to get in camp and get reps with the starters and at the same time don't mind a guy that isn't going to play for the first 3 games taking the reps from the guys that will be.

Good to see nobody sees any problem with it.

This early into camp, why would anyone have a problem with it? If the other backs don't get their share of 1st team reps in TC, then I'm sure many of us will be concerned about it. But isn't a little early for the sky to be falling? Lynch IS the starting back, so he will get 1st team reps, that goes without saying.

This early into camp, why would anyone have a problem with it?

Here is some context: Dick Jauron told the media, when questioned about preparation through training camp and pre-season and how Lynch's 3 week suspension would impact his preparation of the team, "It won't change a thing."

Another NFL coach, asked about a similar situation, answered, "Of course it changes things."

The contrast is pretty self-evident. Now, we could say Dick is the one that's right and the other NFL coach is a moron, of course... :unsure:

Here is some context: Dick Jauron told the media, when questioned about preparation through training camp and pre-season and how Lynch's 3 week suspension would impact his preparation of the team, "It won't change a thing."

Another NFL coach, asked about a similar situation, answered, "Of course it changes things."

The contrast is pretty self-evident. Now, we could say Dick is the one that's right and the other NFL coach is a moron, of course... :unsure:

I think you are WAY overthinking this.

Interesting that you say that since I never offered my opinion on the matter.

You created a thread about it, and posted this:

That tells me you are overthinking it.