Bills mentioned in X-Files

ko12010

I've been rewatching the tv show the X-files and for anyone that hasn't really seen it the main plot line is really Mulder's attempt to uncover who is behind all of the government conspiracies and cover ups and how it is possible that a person or a group of people can have so much control.

There's always this one guy who is constantly smoking ciggarettes and Mulder finds out he is part of the government group that covers-up all sorts of things.

In Season 4 there's an episode about him and in a meeting he and the rest of his conspirators are discussing current events and issues around the world that need attending to. He then goes on to say:

"What I don't want to see is the Bills win the Super Bowl, as long as I'm alive that doesn't happen." another guy says "that could be tough sir the Bills want it bad this year."

He says "so did the soviets." he goes on to say the 1980 Soviet/U.S. Olympic Silver medal game was fixed. It's funny because you learn in the episode that this man is in fact the one who killed Kennedy and Martin Luther King and successfully set up the men arrested. Just the fact that he has this level of control and uses it to screw over the Bills.

Very very random yes I know but just kind of funny, especially to those that believe there are a group of conspirators that never want to see the Bills or Sabres win a Championship.

I've been rewatching the tv show the X-files and for anyone that hasn't really seen it the main plot line is really Mulder's attempt to uncover who is behind all of the government conspiracies and cover ups and how it is possible that a person or a group of people can have so much control.

There's always this one guy who is constantly smoking ciggarettes and Mulder finds out he is part of the government group that covers-up all sorts of things.

In Season 4 there's an episode about him and in a meeting he and the rest of his conspirators are discussing current events and issues around the world that need attending to. He then goes on to say:

"What I don't want to see is the Bills win the Super Bowl, as long as I'm alive that doesn't happen." another guy says "that could be tough sir the Bills want it bad this year."

He says "so did the soviets." he goes on to say the 1980 Soviet/U.S. Olympic Silver medal game was fixed. It's funny because you learn in the episode that this man is in fact the one who killed Kennedy and Martin Luther King and successfully set up the men arrested. Just the fact that he has this level of control and uses it to screw over the Bills.

Very very random yes I know but just kind of funny, especially to those that believe there are a group of conspirators that never want to see the Bills or Sabres win a Championship.

That is funny!!

Haha, if only there was someone else to blame. Sadly, our failures are on us.

But 2009 is a new year. THE year! GO BILLS!

My dad loved that show back in the day and I remember that line. The X-Files was such a good show and the Cigarette Smoking Man (The guy who said as long as I am alive the Bills are to never win a Super Bowl) was one of the best characters ever on the show and he did die on the show as Scooby pointed out.

The 1990's were a simpler time for all if only the Bills could have just gotten one of those Super Bowls :lol:

Funny thing about conspiracies I am currently reading the book the 30 best Sports conspiracies and the Pats* have 2 chapters in it. Good read for any sports fan.

My dad loved that show back in the day and I remember that line. The X-Files was such a good show and the Cigarette Smoking Man (The guy who said as long as I am alive the Bills are to never win a Super Bowl) was one of the best characters ever on the show and he did die on the show as Scooby pointed out.

The 1990's were a simpler time for all if only the Bills could have just gotten one of those Super Bowls :lol:

Funny thing about conspiracies I am currently reading the book the 30 best Sports conspiracies and the Pats* have 2 chapters in it. Good read for any sports fan.

He died in the Limo explosion, if I remember correctly.

He died in the Limo explosion, if I remember correctly.

No, that was the 'well-manicured man' in the first movie. Cigarette Smoking Man died at the end of the series in the mountains. And the Bills haven't made the playoffs since. Miss that show, and I miss Bills football in January!

No, that was the 'well-manicured man' in the first movie. Cigarette Smoking Man died at the end of the series in the mountains. And the Bills haven't made the playoffs since. Miss that show, and I miss Bills football in January!

Ok, my bad.