How much will the no huddle offense help offset our

Any chance he was just a first year OC and might improve?
It is a possibility, but judging from his statements I've recently read in the Buffalo news Turk Schonert is saying it all falls on Trent Edwards to get the job done.

That and the fact he announces the Bills to run the "no huddle", makes me think that a young QB who could be a superstar under the proper OC will get beaten into the ground like so many other young QB's at the hands of moronic coaches.

The thing that really gets me is the fact that Schonert spent years as a back up QB with the Bengals and went to a super bowl with them. That was the year they had RB Icky Woods and a really good power running game, RB James Brooks and WR Eddie Brown. The most prominent play I can recall from that year was a play called "sellout" play action. Where Boomer would fake the hand off to Brooks or Woods after they had been calling nothing but runs. Boomer was awesome at faking the hand off, then he would hit Eddie Brown on a deep route,usually for a TD or very long gain.

You would think that Schonert would understand the importance of a power running game because of that 88 Bengals team.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a possibility, but judging from his statements I've recently read in the Buffalo news Turk Schonert is saying it all falls on Trent Edwards to get the job done.

That and the fact he announces the Bills to run the "no huddle", makes me think that a young QB who could be a superstar under the proper OC will get beaten into the ground like so many other young QB's at the hands of moronic coaches.

The thing that really gets me is the fact that Schonert spent years as a back up QB with the Bengals and went to a super bowl with them. That was the year they had RB Icky Woods and a really good power running game, RB James Brooks and WR Eddie Brown. The most prominent play I can recall from that year was a play called "sellout" play action. Where Boomer would fake the hand off to Brooks or Woods after they had been calling nothing but runs. Boomer was awesome at faking the hand off, then he would hit Eddie Brown on a deep route,usually for a TD or very long gain.

You would think that Schonert would understand the importance of a power running game because of that 88 Bengals team.

Do you really believe Schonert doesn't understand the imortance of a running game? Or is it just a small possibility that, perhaps, the current Bills, especially along the O-line, bare little resemblance to the '88 Bengals?

It's all about having the horses up front. Until we prove otherwise, right now we have ponies.

GO BILLS!!!

Guest dog14787

It seemed to me a good bit of the season last year was spent trying to get the running game going, so much so we became way to predictable. I'm all for running the ball, but without throwing the ball effectively the run game never opens up. Some teams like the Giants have the proper personnel (RB's) and can use their power running game to set up the pass, we are not one of them teams.

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Billistic.

· View this post

· Un-ignore Billistic

I just love this feature in the controls.

Wow, SJ and the geezerettes have chosen to ostrichsize me.

Boo hoo...

It seemed to me a good bit of the season last year was spent trying to get the running game going, so much so we became way to predictable. I'm all for running the ball, but without throwing the ball effectively the run game never opens up. Some teams like the Giants have the proper personnel (RB's) and can use their power running game to set up the pass, we are not one of them teams.
Go back a page or two and read my post on last years Ravens,they ran the ball to setup the pass and that is why their rookie QB did so well. Exactly what the Bills should have done with the veteran experienced O line last year, instead they underachieved and fell on their faces.

The point about the NYG running game,the Bills stole Jim McNally from them to enhance the running game and it never did come to fruition. I think it has more to do with Tom Coughlin and his will to get the running game going then just an O line coach.

You guys didn't see the fact that Schonert didn't even start using play action pass plays until the Cleveland game,it was constant shotguns or a run behind Peters,that was basically it! Peters was out of shape and didn't want to play in Buffalo and it showed.

'The bills were literally killing the Jets in the 4th QTR running the ball,they had just made a first down running the OC calls a play fake QB rollout...guess who missed his block, # 71

When the running game was killing the opponent, Marshawn Lynch had 134 yards on the ground by the end of the third QTR and Schonert stopped using him in the 4th, 49ers game

I honestly think that with different coaches, HC-OC-O line coach that the Bills are in the playoffs last season.The talent was there, just not in the coaching staff. I'm not to keen on the conditioning coach either, Rusty Jones where have you gone?

Ok I'll shut it now till the season starts, give your eyeballs a break from my bitching about the coaches :unsure: