2010 draft a Primetime Event

You guys are stuck in your traditional ways....

I love this. Brilliant move, imo. Thats makes the draft even more marketable. Also it helps out teams because teams are able to reset their draft boards and draft smarter. I guarantee you everyone involved in the NFL loves this. Don't you guys ever get tired sitting around watching the draft all day? Sure its exciting, but at the same time its lengthy. The 1st round will be super exciting especially since its in primetime. At the end of the night the teams will regroup and target their now "2nd day prospects". The 2nd and 3rd round will be just as exciting as the 1st round since teams will have an improved draft board. 4th-7th round will be just like it is on Sunday except with more viewers...

I really don't understand you guys' beef with this new format. I think its perfect. I've always felt that the 1st round should have its own day and be in primetime. You guys will really enjoy this new way, just watch...

Pitta, Pitta, Pitta..don't you get it ? Traditional draft parties on Saturday are screwed under this new system. We've had a draft day party for the past 15 years on Saturday - knowing that no one had work on the following day. The party brought in friends from around the country. Now that's gone with "the wind" - or should I say the "money grab". Just another example of the NFL screwing it's fan base.

I must say that Im mixed on this in multiple ways. First of all, I think its good to have the 1st round at least on primetime but a Thursday night just sucks. Why not make it Fri, Sat, Sun? I think the 2nd day will be better as you will get the majority of good rounds in and be done with it. 2,3,4 are all exciting rounds where a lot of trades happen and I think the move is good for these rounds as well. The rounds 5,6,7 is absolutely rediculous. No one will want to watch that. The fact is that a lot of good draft picks happen in these rounds, but most fans are not that knowledgable to know who Nic Harris or Steve Johnson is (that includes myself). Its just hard to sit through the late rounds as it is, let alone on a Saturday when there is many other things to do outside.

Overall I think its a good move but I think the 3rd day will be a waste. I am concerned with making it to the draft as I did this past years. I dont have issues with making it, but everyone has freinds that cant get off, or cant afford to take off and extra day or 2 just to make the NFL draft. Having all day Sunday to do some different things in NYC will be nice though.

Does anyone have any idea how they will be handing out tickets now? This past draft they gave out wristbands on Friday night and everyone could come back on Sat morning. Does this mean we have to show up on Wed Night now? Or will it be first people to line up on Thursday? These are things we need to know.

If they were going this route they should have done 1st round on Saturday, 2nd on Sunday, 3rd on Monday, etc going to Friday, Saturday, Sunday, ... if needed to get TV coverage. Yeah lots of people would not watch later rounds but it gave them more news coverage every day while giving them more times for deals, playing the fish (draftees and agents), etc.

Starting on a Thursday? Blah. Sounds like a NFL Network thing (Yeah I get it but wouldn't pay extra for it).