Mark Buehrle throws perfect game

FluffHead

check out the catch Wise made last night in the second game of the double header against the Tigers....while not as dramatic a situation....

I saw the last inning at my local cigar store. Just fantastic. Wise's catch really made it special.

One one I found interesting: this was the first ML no-hitter that Steve Stone has ever seen in person. Seems odd for a guy to pitch for a number of years then broadcast for nearly another 30 before seeing a no-no.

More interesting stuff:

Wise was on the ATL team that Randy Johnson pitched his perfect game against.

Also, I posted this in the baseball forum:

A little tidbit that I wonder if people know about? Buehrle's no-no back in 2007 against the Rangers was almost a perfect game... In fact he faced the minimum 27. He walked Sosa, then picked him off at first.

Another intersting fact about the perfect game: the home plate umpire has been behind the dish for three no-no's, two of which were by Buehrle.

Some umpires can work their entire careers and never find themselves behind the plate for a no-hitter. Eric Cooper has been the plate umpire for three of them, including two by White Sox left-hander Mark Buehrle, who pitched a perfect game Thursday against the Tampa Bay Rays . . .

. . . How's this for strange? Cooper has been behind the plate for each of Buehrle's last three shutouts -- the perfect game Thursday, the no-hitter April 18, 2007, at U.S. Cellular Field against the Texas Rangers and a 6-0 victory against the Los Angeles Dodgers on June 17, 2005, at the Cell. Cooper, 38, also was behind the plate for Boston Red Sox right-hander Hideo Nomo's no-hitter against the Baltimore Orioles on April 6, 2001.

http://bases.newsvine.com/_news/2009/07/24...od-draw-of-umps