Pick the Bills' Final Roster

It’s the off-season, it’s a rainy day (in Buffalo at least), and camp is approaching, I thought this might be a fun topic. Here’s my best guess as of today:

QBs (3) – Edwards, Fitzpatrick, Hamdan

RBs (3) – Lynch, Jackson, Rhodes

FBs (1) – Corey McIntyre

TEs (3) – Schoumann, Fine, Nelson

WRs (6) – Evans, Owens, Reed, Parrish, Johnson, Jenkins

OL (9) – Walker, Levitre, Hangartner, Wood, Butler, Chambers, McKinney, Bell, J. Scott

DE (5) – Schobel, Kelsay, Denney, Maybin, Ellis

DT (4) – Stroud, Williams, Johnson, McCargo

LB (7) – Mitchell, Posluszny, Ellison, DiGiorgio, P. Thomas, Bowen, Harris

CB (6) – McGee, McKelvin, Florence, Youboty, Corner, Lankster

S (4) – Whitner, Scott, Byrd, Wilson

K (1) – Lindell

P (1) – Moorman

PUP List: James Hardy

Notable Cuts: Xavier Omon, Ryan Neill (I’m assuming McKinney will long-snap), Jon Corto, Carey Harris, John Wendling, Ko Simpson (insert joke here)

So go ahead and take your shot…I’ll check the thread on final cut-down day and anyone that gets the roster 100% right gets a beer on me (a real beer if you’re in the area, an emoticon beer if you’re not). Of course you're guess would need to be in prior to the first full-squad camp practice.

It’s the off-season, it’s a rainy day (in Buffalo at least), and camp is approaching, I thought this might be a fun topic. Here’s my best guess as of today:

FBs (1) – Corey McIntyre

OL (9) – Walker, Levitre, Hangartner, Wood, Butler, Chambers, McKinney, Bell, J. Scott

K (1) – Lindell

P (1) – Moorman

Notable Cuts: Xavier Omon, Ryan Neill (I’m assuming McKinney will long-snap), Jon Corto, Carey Harris, John Wendling, Ko Simpson (insert joke here)

So go ahead and take your shot…I’ll check the thread on final cut-down day and anyone that gets the roster 100% right gets a beer on me (a real beer if you’re in the area, an emoticon beer if you’re not). Of course you're guess would need to be in prior to the first full-squad camp practice.

[/quot

I have a question.

Does marshawn Lynch count against our 80 man roster while he is suspeded? Can the Bills Keep Xavier Omon untill he is activated?

I believe that yes, he does.

Kevin Faulk did not count against the Pats* 53 man limit while serving his 1 game suspension in week 1 of last year, neither did 2 Ravens in the same situation.

Link to Ravens press release from last August

Lynch MAY count against the 80 man limit in camp as his suspension does not kick in until week 1 but he won't count against the 53 man limit until he comes back from suspension as he will go on the "Reserve/Suspended" list.

Here's my attempt

RBs (3) – Jackson, Rhodes, Omon

FBs (1) – Corey McIntyre

TEs (3) – Schouman, Fine, Nelson

OL (8) – Walker, Levitre, Hangartner, Wood, Butler, Chambers, McKinney, Bell

DT (4) – Stroud, Williams, Johnson, Ventrell Jenkins

LB (7) – Mitchell, Posluszny, Ellison, Palmer, P. Thomas, Bowen, Harris

K (1) – Lindell

P (1) – Moorman

LS (1) - Garrison Sanborn

PUP - Hardy, DiGiorgio

Suspended - Lynch

I'm not sold on Youboty or Florence and I think one of them might buy it a la William James last year. i don't think Youboty is healthy and I don't know if Florence is a good fit at nickel back. To me this is a battle this camp and the one who is less productive may lose his spot, may even to a different position if the Bills have another LB or S they want to keep like Bowen or Wendling.

FBs (1) – Corey McIntyre

K (1) – Lindell

P (1) – Moorman

those DEs....yukkk

here is my 2009 bills squad...i'll just have a coke with no ice, please.

offense - 24

qb (2) - Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick

rb (3) - Marshawn Lynch, Freddie Jackson, Dominic Rhodes

fb (1) - Corey McIntyre

wr (6) - Lee Evans, Terrell Owens, Josh Reed, Roscoe Parrish, Steve Johnson, James Hardy

te (3) - Derek Schouman, Derek Fine, Shawn Nelson

lt (2) - Langston Walker, Demetrius Bell

lg (2) - Andy Levitre, Jonathan Scott

c (1) - Geoff Hangartner

rg (2) - Eric Wood, Seth McKinney

rt (2) - Brad Butler, Kirk Chambers

special teams - 3

k (1) - Rian Lindell

p (1) - Brian Moorman

ls (1) - Ryan Neill <---waste of a roster spot, imho.

defense - 25

lde (3) - Chris Kelsay, Aaron Maybin, Ryan Denney

dt (4) - Marcus Stroud, Kyle Williams, John McCargo, Spencer Johnson

rde (2) - Aaron Schobel, Chris Ellis

lolb (2) - Nic Harris, Keith Ellison

mlb (3) Paul Posluzny, John Digiorgio, Pat Thomas

rolb (2) - Kawika Mitchell, Alvin Bowen

cb (5) - Terrance McGee, Leodis McKelvin, Ashton Youboty, Reggie Corner, Ellis Lankster

fs (2) - Jairus Byrd, George Wilson

ss (2) - Donte Whitner, Bryan Scott

*my LAST roster spot is up between: Jon Corto(lb/s), Ventrell Jenkins (dt/de), Ko Simpson (fs), John Wendling (ss), Drayton Florence (cb), Ashlee Palmer (olb), Marcus Buggs (mlb) or Cary Harris (cb).

- Corto and Wendling are special teams aces. Wendling can play both fs and olb. Corto is our "Rudy."

- Ko Simpson is a former starter and showed nice potential, until his injury. I'd rather not give up yet.

- Ventrell Jenkins looks promising and has good potential. Worth the risk as a project, maybe on practice squad.

- Florence was a former starter and was a good one. He would be a great backup, if he can beat the young guys.

- Ashlee Palmer has been showing potential and promise in Spring workouts. Practice squad is a safe bet.

- Marcus Buggs showed his stuff last summer, and has come back from his injury. Has speed and tenacity.

- Cary Harris was taken in this years draft, did his USC teammates make him look good, or does he have talent?

*I think we keep Ko and give him 1 more chance. Whitner and Simpson open the season as starters. Byrd supplants Simpson, and Ko is gone soon after. Most likely next year.

- I think that rb Justise Hairston (instead of Omon) will get the #3 backup call while Lynch serves his suspension.

- I also think, Justin Jenkins will get the nod as the last wr, until Hardy is ready to go.

Good list...But I hope there is someone in that 80 man roster who can supplant some of these guys,...I do not want these guys to take their jobs on the 53-man roster for granted.

I also don't see Wendling or Ryan Neil be cut. They just have to find the spot for them since both are big time players on Special Teams.