NEXT!!!!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I've been pleased with the progress the Bills have made in the last four weeks, I'm not ready to anoint them road warriors in New England in primetime. Still this game is no "gimme" for either club and the Pats will have to play well to secure victory....

The Pats are obviously a well coached, team oriented, smart group of players who have won big games already and will have the home field.

Some edges we may have:

1- The running game with McGahee, if utilized properly with commitment, will serve as a confidence builder as the game wears on and will "call off the dogs" to some degree with the Pats Blitz game. The Pats lb's are smart, big, and tough, but one thing they are NOT is fast. If we can seal the edges Willis should be able to get outside a bit. Running often will also allow for some play action passes, given Bledsoe the extra moment or two he needs. Willis needs to get close to 30 carries again.

2- Our ability to stop the run will atleast serve to some degree to dictate what the Pats call on offense, and give our defense a chance to make drives more diffucult for the balanced Pats offense.

3- Moulds will not have to line up against Ty Law, who is pretty much the only guy who's ever been able to "shut him down". The Bills must create ways to get Moulds out of double coverage situations, and rely on Evans when they can't.

4- Opportunity. The only way this can possibly be looked at by our young team is as their one opportunity this season to show the rest of the NFL that they are a good team, and that they will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future. The Pats have been there, done that, and the moment must be ceized.

108933[/snapback]

Shameless bump for any Pats fan retort.......... :lol:

Shameless bump for any Pats fan retort..........    :lol:

109966[/snapback]

Okay I'll bite;

1. I wouldnt call the running game an edge for Buffalo. Corey Dillon is every bit as good as McGahee and probably better and has proven himself for much longer than Willis has. The difference in this game will be New England will force Bledsoe to beat them and its highly questionable if he can whereas if Buffalo makes Tom Brady beat them, everyone and their mother knows he can. Who do you think would make LESS mistakes in that scenario?

2. You can hold us under 100 yds rushing but as long as the threat of Dillon rushing is there then Brady should be able to do his 3 step drops and find guys like Givens, Faulk, Brown, Graham and Johnson assuming Branch is still hurt.

3. I agree, Moulds and Evans could potentially torch the Pats if New England cant pressure Drew before they get open downfield.

4. Both teams will see this game as an opportunity. Buffalo will see it as their opportunity to possibly get back into the playoff race (still a steep hill to climb) New England will see this as their opportunity to possibly cement the AFC East for themselves as they will pretty much have eliminated both Miami and Buffalo and most likely have a 2 game lead on the Jets.

I'll add a #5

5. Home Field Advantage. The Patriots havent lost at home since Late December of 2002. The Bills are currently 0-3 on the road

Okay I'll bite;

1.  I wouldnt call the running game an edge for Buffalo.  Corey Dillon is every bit as good as McGahee and probably better and has proven himself for much longer than Willis has.    The difference in this game will be New England will force Bledsoe to beat them and its highly questionable if he can whereas if Buffalo makes Tom Brady beat them, everyone and their mother knows he can.    Who do you think would make LESS mistakes in that scenario? 

2. You can hold us under 100 yds rushing but as long as the threat of Dillon rushing is there then Brady should be able to do his 3 step drops and find guys like Givens, Faulk, Brown, Graham and Johnson assuming Branch is still hurt.

3. I agree,  Moulds and Evans could potentially torch the Pats if New England cant pressure Drew before they get open downfield.

4. Both teams will see this game as an opportunity.  Buffalo will see it as their opportunity to possibly get back into the playoff race (still a steep hill to climb)    New England will see this as their opportunity to possibly cement the AFC East for themselves as they will pretty much have eliminated both Miami and Buffalo and most likely have a 2 game lead on the Jets.   

I'll add a #5

5.  Home Field Advantage.  The Patriots havent lost at home since Late December of 2002.  The Bills are currently 0-3 on the road

110015[/snapback]

Thankyou.

Any others?

i will also bite:

1) You have to know how the patriots coaches think. the reason the colts were able to run the ball so well is that the patriots wanted to shut down manning-the pass was what the D was concerned with, and if the run beat them, so be it. *They will shut down their opponent's strength* So the patriots will aim to shut down mcgahee, and have bledsoe beat them, which i do not foresee happening

2) as i have posted earlier, the patriots will no doubt go to a 5 WR set with 3 step drops and short passes, with troy brown back this will work better than it has so far this year

3) no doubt, if the bills are to win moulds AND evans will have to play well - that will be easier with no law, but can drewbie win in the razor???

4) i would not base beating the patriots on semantics - we have heard this from teams the patriots are playing for 2 years now, and only the steelers have come through

and yes, no one here thinks buffalo has a snowball's chance in hell, but i didn't think the patriots had a snowball's chance in hell of beating the rams on turf in st louis with troy brown as a CB (i still can't believe how much they dominated that game)

People, relax. Why is he a troll??? Because he thinks his team is going to win???

OF COURSE HE F*_ING thinks his team is going to win. They have won 2 Super Bowls in 3 years and have for the most part, dominated the Bills every time they meet.

The Bills have yet to play well on the road.

Drew Bledsoe continues to make mistakes.

And yes, McGee got torched last week and without Vincent, our secondary IS a concern, especially if the Pats spread the offense with 4 WRs.

That said, the Bills played with them for most of the game 4 weeks ago and were competitive. However, that was at HOME. This is on the ROAD.

The Bills have been playing better of late. It will be close, but I still think the Pats are the favorites, and rightfully so. Until this team proves it can win in hostile environments it will always remain that way.