Ray Lewis snaps & compares McNair to Jesus...

SKOOBY

Who's to say we're all sinners? Is a mother caring for her child a sinner? When does she become a sinner if performing gods work of a miracle?? When does she become a sinner again?

I always found the guilt the catholic church lays on it's members sickening.

ANY religion can be good or bad.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're right. it wasn't jesus...it was all the idiots who bought into his mythology of fear and hatred, disguised as "love."

where/when did Jesus teach fear and hatred? Got any good quotes? examples?

Listen, if anyone here could sign up to live that type of life minus the "being murdered" part, the list would not be short.

Clearly not everyone would do it, but plenty would. Some who likely are downgrading and belittling McNair for understandably human weaknesses. Was it classy? About as much as the Bruno movie, but probably more justifiable.

Listen, if anyone here could sign up to live that type of life minus the "being murdered" part, the list would not be short.

Clearly not everyone would do it, but plenty would. Some who likely are downgrading and belittling McNair for understandably human weaknesses. Was it classy? About as much as the Bruno movie, but probably more justifiable.

The problem is when people start to make the guy out to be a saint. Call a spade a spade. I would say we have all done stuff wrong. We are no different then SM. We may not have had an affair but we have all made mistakes. We have all made bad decisions. I think it is God's place to judge. I think we can learn from the mistake. But don't make SM out to be something he was not. He was a good football player and a very selfish man. Let's leave it at that.

Oh and just because people say they do something in Jesus name doesn't mean that he approves of what they did. Before people make judgments about Jesus teaching they should study them. Not base them off what people who claim to follow Jesus say he teaches. I fear to many followers of Jesus get mislabeled because some who don't know what Jesus taught but claim to follow him.

The problem is when people start to make the guy out to be a saint. Call a spade a spade. I would say we have all done stuff wrong. We are no different then SM. We may not have had an affair but we have all made mistakes. We have all made bad decisions. I think it is God's place to judge. I think we can learn from the mistake. But don't make SM out to be something he was not. He was a good football player and a very selfish man.

:thumbsup:

you're right. it wasn't jesus...it was all the idiots who bought into his mythology of fear and hatred, disguised as "love."

Whether it's money, religion, power, women, or survival, humans will always hurt eachother. To try and blame our biggest flaw as a species on specific beliefs, is shortsighted. Humans killing eachother is inevitable. Take a look at our history and the body counts. Now take a second to analyze what we have learned. Our society worships violence! Whether it's movies, music, video games, news, sports, or just starintg down somebody at a red light, we love it. Religion is just one of the infinite reasons to harm another person. The problem is us.