Ah yes, the hypocrisy of the racist northern states

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/07/09/philly.pool/index.html

Seems like those wonderful northern states are all for racial equality as long as it applies only the conservative Christian Southeners. When it comes to their backyard, they want nothing to do with it.

Open minded northerners, what a joke.

Reading comprehension and gathering the facts are a B word.

From the article:

...two other day-care centers, neither of which included minority children, had previously been similarly disinvited.

...but because 1 of the 3 groups did have minority children, it is racism? Way to jump on the bandwagon.

If there's any word he should spell correctly, it's hypocrisy. Spell checkers help too.

He may be many things...but not a hypocrite. Midget, hobbit, doofus, dumbass, arrogant, bonehead, dipshit...sure. But not a hypocrite.

No thanks necessary, VA. Just glad to rise to your defense. <_<

He may be many things...but not a hypocrite. Midget, hobbit, doofus, dumbass, arrogant, bonehead, dipshit...sure. But not a hypocrite.

No thanks necessary, VA. Just glad to rise to your defense. :blink:

Thanks. <_<

Much ado about nothing, but the racism industry badly needs a shot in the arm, so I guess this will be it.

No one's rights were violated here. Two private organizations reached an agreement for specific services to be provided. One of those parties subsequently terminated the agreement and refunded the fees in full. Now maybe there is a contract law dispute to be had if there wasn't a termination for convenience clause, but for this to suddenly be the big story for the national media is a joke.

Then again, the Jackson story is running out of steam and no pretty white girls have been kidnapped lately, so people need something to talk about. Maybe we'll get lucky and there will be a shark attack in Florida today.

LOL nice post.

Then again, the Jackson story is running out of steam and no pretty white girls have been kidnapped lately, so people need something to talk about. Maybe we'll get lucky and there will be a shark attack in Florida today.

No, but Fox did run a story this afternoon about how shark attacks are on the decline because we're driving them to extinction.

Deb,

When I was listening to this on the news getting dressed today, they had a bunch of the folks not wanted back being interviewed. they said folks in the club where saying things like "I don't want that black kid rubbing against me" and "I paid money here so I don't have to swim with them". Either the club is being racist, or the people being interviewed were being "reverse racist" and trying to get sympathy on their side.

I believe you heard that. This is lose-lose. Either the club is disgustingly racist OR the people from the daycare are so pissed at having their plans messed up that they are disgustingly deceiving. I don't know which is which. I do know that racism exists and there really is no border at which it stops.

Here's the sum total of the website (which yesterday had a landing page but had removed links to all content):

"The Valley Club is deeply troubled by the recent allegations of racism which are completely untrue.

We had originally agreed to invite the camps to use our facility, knowing full well that the children from the camps were from multi-ethnic backgrounds. Unfortunately, we quickly learned that we underestimated the capacity of our facilities and realized that we could not accommodate the number of children from these camps. All funds were returned to the camps and we will re-evaluate the issue at a later date to determine whether it can be feasible in the future.

Our Valley Club deplores discrimination in any form, as is evidenced by our multi-ethnic and diverse membership. Whatever comments may or may not have been made by an individual member is an opinion not shared by The Valley Club Board."

No thanks necessary, VA. Just glad to rise to your defense. <_<

He's mellowed a bit in his old age. I used to have to block him. Now I only block select individuals from north of the Mason-Dixon line. Far north, shall we say :-)