In McGee's defense!!!

DeeRay

On McGee slipping to allow Santana Moss a long TD...

Let me say this.... If you're going to blitz all out, like the Bills did on that play, you cannot allow the the QB to get outside of the pocket. Whoever was blitzing to the side Carter rolled to fugged up... plain and simple, not McGee. McGee's gaff never would have happened in the first place had the blitzer completed his assignment.

Thats the first time all week that the words "McGee" and "Defense" have been found in the same sentence  <_<

107378[/snapback]

How about, "With Buffalo on defense, McGee recovered a Jets fumble and returned it deep into Jets territory to setup Buffalos first score?"

CW

How about, "With Buffalo on defense, McGee recovered a Jets fumble and returned it deep into Jets territory to setup Buffalos first score?"

CW

107380[/snapback]

Oh come on CW, you know I like the guy has a kickoff returner, but he's going through the growing pains of a CB and no one can say that he was on top of his game yesterday. He did a nice job on that fumble recovery, but he also got toasted very Chris Wastsonish a couple of times. I think he'll eventually be good, but he could have cost us the game with that slip-up on the Moss coverage.

Thats the first time all week that the words "McGee" and "Defense" have been found in the same sentence  :(

107378[/snapback]

Well it's only Monday, give it time. <_<

As bad as McGee was yesterday he was honest with the media after the game. I hate the way he got torched, but I like the way he publically responded. Just so that chip on his shoulder doesn't weigh him down too much.

so, the dude that missed his blitz assignment and allowed Carter to get outside the pocket, see downfield, set up, and throw to Moss gets a free pass while McGee, back there by himself, whiffs? What would you have said if it had been Antoine Winfield or Troy Vincent?

On McGee slipping to allow Santana Moss a long TD...

Let me say this.... If you're going to blitz all out, like the Bills did on that play, you cannot allow the the QB to get outside of the pocket.  Whoever was blitzing to the side Carter rolled to fugged up... plain and simple, not McGee.  McGee's gaff never would have happened in the first place had the blitzer completed his assignment.

107374[/snapback]

His bad day didn't start there. That fourth quarter play wasn't really his fault. Greer totally wiffed on that easy sack.

McGee had a terrible first half where he gave about 100 yards thru the air by himself.

I remember when Derrick Burroughs was a rookie. That guy got roasted like a marshmellow every game all game long. He was becoming one of the best CBs in football when he got injured and had to leave the game. McGee, if he stays in the starting line-up, will get burned a lot. That's what happens to rookie CBs. You live with it because the talent is there for him to become a good one.

He's a rook. It's going to happen. I believe he'll improve.

dude... he's not a "rook", this is his 3rd season with the Bills. However, I agree that he'll get better...

McGee could have slipped and no one would even be mentioning this had the blitz gone as it should have and either Carter was sacked or his throw altered. I still contend... you don't all out blitz and get beaten because the QB escaped... that's just plain stevestojan!

I'm putting this one behind us.

He'll learn and get better. He's a 2nd year guy and its not exactly like Reese gives him any help. If we had Vincent back there the D would not have given up a thing. Still, McGee has talent and will respond. He'll make a huge play next week, mark my words.

Guest BillsRebound

Games like yesterday can ruin young CB's careers. He will be picked on every game from now and he'll either improve or find himself on the bench. Moss is a good receiver but McGee was brutal.