Steve McNair threatened by woman hours before his murder

Sources: Steve McNair threatened by woman hours before his murder

LINK: http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl

According to several NashvillePost.com sources, it is at Blue Moon Lagoon where Steve McNair's evening took an ominous turn. While sitting with friends at the restaurant (sources say that Kazemi was not in the party), a white woman in her early 20s, about 5-foot-4, approached McNair and accused him of slipping her a "roofie" a year ago. The woman then told McNair, according to sources, that her boyfriend was going to kill him. Roofie is a slang term for Rohypnol, a sedative dating back to the early 1970s that is used in hospitals for deep sedation, but is now a fairly infamous date-rape drug. After confronting McNair, sources say that the woman was asked to leave the restaurant. As of now, there is no known connection between the blonde woman's warning and the events that unfolded just a few hours later. It could well be an eerie coincidence. Still, Metro Police are interviewing patrons and staff members at Blue Moon Lagoon. -- Nashville Post .....Ben's Take: Judging by the facts that have been reported, it sure doesn't seem like a murder/suicide. It will be very interesting to see what the detectives in Nashville come up with.

This is all very surreal to me, not sure what to think. If you feel this needs to merge with another topic feel free. I just found it pretty interesting. It does nt make too much sense to me. Who is this girl accusing him of giving her a "roofie"? It cant be the girl who was found dead with him, can it?

Who is this girl accusing him of giving her a "roofie"? It cant be the girl who was found dead with him, can it?

Don't think so ... this article describes the woman who confronted McNair as a "blonde woman", and in the photos of his girlfriend that have been posted on the 'net, she is a brunette.

Sources: Steve McNair threatened by woman hours before his murder

LINK: http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl

According to several NashvillePost.com sources, it is at Blue Moon Lagoon where Steve McNair's evening took an ominous turn. While sitting with friends at the restaurant (sources say that Kazemi was not in the party), a white woman in her early 20s, about 5-foot-4, approached McNair and accused him of slipping her a "roofie" a year ago. The woman then told McNair, according to sources, that her boyfriend was going to kill him. Roofie is a slang term for Rohypnol, a sedative dating back to the early 1970s that is used in hospitals for deep sedation, but is now a fairly infamous date-rape drug. After confronting McNair, sources say that the woman was asked to leave the restaurant. As of now, there is no known connection between the blonde woman's warning and the events that unfolded just a few hours later. It could well be an eerie coincidence. Still, Metro Police are interviewing patrons and staff members at Blue Moon Lagoon. -- Nashville Post .....Ben's Take: Judging by the facts that have been reported, it sure doesn't seem like a murder/suicide. It will be very interesting to see what the detectives in Nashville come up with.

This is all very surreal to me, not sure what to think. If you feel this needs to merge with another topic feel free. I just found it pretty interesting. It does nt make too much sense to me. Who is this girl accusing him of giving her a "roofie"? It cant be the girl who was found dead with him, can it?

As tough as it is for folks to do the thing to do on this one is to just wait. Some folks are already screeching about someone in the police dept. saying their not investigating (a comment which was either someone who does not know jack simply being stupid or it was simply a flat out lie by the police to put the idiots involved in his killing at ease).

I know its summer and folks are looking for entertainment, but this is the same drive that saw a chunk of society foolishly give too much attention to whether Gary Condit killed Chandra Levy (only to be shocked when reality hit us hard on 9/11).

In this case I think it would be appropriate if folks simply let the investigation go where the investigation goes and let the theories be informed by facts which will be revealed later. If folks want to be entertained right now, it would nice if they could find in a few days of thinking about how we all take life for granted too much, then a few days remembering the good things about McNair running through walls.

Then finally with a week or two for allowing reality to play out in the investigation then folks can entertain themselves with the True Crime aspects of this sad case.

A thought likely to be rejected by the entertainment mavens but just a thought.

R.I.P.

As tough as it is for folks to do the thing to do on this one is to just wait. Some folks are already screeching about someone in the police dept. saying their not investigating (a comment which was either someone who does not know jack simply being stupid or it was simply a flat out lie by the police to put the idiots involved in his killing at ease).

I know its summer and folks are looking for entertainment, but this is the same drive that saw a chunk of society foolishly give too much attention to whether Gary Condit killed Chandra Levy (only to be shocked when reality hit us hard on 9/11).

In this case I think it would be appropriate if folks simply let the investigation go where the investigation goes and let the theories be informed by facts which will be revealed later. If folks want to be entertained right now, it would nice if they could find in a few days of thinking about how we all take life for granted too much, then a few days remembering the good things about McNair running through walls.

Then finally with a week or two for allowing reality to play out in the investigation then folks can entertain themselves with the True Crime aspects of this sad case.

R.I.P.

I agree and like your thinking, but I just don't think it'll happen.

Because the internet exists, rumors spread faster and more furious these days. We may hear 27 more rumors about things that may or may not have happened to McNair that night. Heck, my own personal theories about this have changed about 3 times since I heard the news, only because more facts and rumors have come out.

Just keep in mind that we may never know the truth, despite what the investigation reveals.

R.I.P.

Yeah Gary Condit was the only person in the U.S that was probably grateful on some level of 9/11. Took him right out of the picture. Kind of like that Governor from S.C couple weeks ago. Micheal Jackson dies and he slowly fades away. I swear sometimes i do think we as a society have our priorities so misplaced. McNair is dead, and so is a young girl(20). For whatever reason it is tragic.

R.I.P.

I realize you are above any of this...you have been reminding everyone...but you can't resist looking at the threads, eh? :rolleyes: