Bills Loaded at WR...

Lynch is a thug

Fred is a better playmaker than Lynch-

sports analysts know no more than you do - they just have a platform to spout their nonsense

why is lynch a thug....cuz he has gold teeth oh cuz he has dreads or maybe cuz he has tattoos or maybe its cuz he from LA...you sound racist...explain to the crowd how he is a thug please elaborate....

( and fred is not better thats like saying sprulls is better than LT ) that was a stupid argument...

Guest dog14787
why is lynch a thug....cuz he has gold teeth oh cuz he has dreads or maybe cuz he has tattoos or maybe its cuz he from LA...you sound racist...explain to the crowd how he is a thug please elaborate....

( and fred is not better thats like saying sprulls is better than LT ) that was a stupid argument...

Racist? last time I checked Fred Jackson was African American.

Lets see, Marshawn carries a concealed, unlicensed weapon and runs over civilians while intoxicated with his van. Instead of taking responsibility for his actions, Marshawns got a target on his back.

There's no way to sugar coat it, Marshawn the linch pin Lynch has been acting like a Thug ( for lack of a better word) and when the season starts in all likely hood he will be standing on the sidelines because of it.

By the way I have a cuz who is a lot worse of a thug then Marshawn ever thought of being and he's not African American.

Racist? last time I checked Fred Jackson was African American.

Lets see, Marshawn carries a concealed, unlicensed weapon and runs over civilians while intoxicated with his van. Instead of taking responsibility for his actions, Marshawns got a target on his back.

There's no way to sugar coat it, Marshawn the linch pin Lynch has been acting like a Thug ( for lack of a better word) and when the season starts in all likely hood he will be standing on the sidelines because of it.

By the way I have a cuz who is a lot worse of a thug then Marshawn ever thought of being and he's not African American.

LOL...I wasnt saying fred was white its obvious he is black...what i was meaning was some people (not saying you) say he is a thug cuz of his persona nobody calls peyton or brett a redneck so why he gotta be a thug...because he carries an unlicensed gun but if it was licensed he'd still be a thug because he got a .22 instead of a hunting rifel that would change things i doubt it.... he hit someone (well hell cant defend that one)...those are not reasons to call him a thug i know some thugs that make marshawn seem like sarah palin *hahahaha* those are jus dumbass mistakes from a dumbass kid who had no father so had kno guidance...now if he !@#$s up again im a quit being his lawyer... the defense rest...

Guest dog14787
LOL...I wasnt saying fred was white its obvious he is black...what i was meaning was some people (not saying you) say he is a thug cuz of his persona nobody calls peyton or brett a redneck so why he gotta be a thug...because he carries an unlicensed gun but if it was licensed he'd still be a thug because he got a .22 instead of a hunting rifel that would change things i doubt it.... he hit someone (well hell cant defend that one)...those are not reasons to call him a thug i know some thugs that make marshawn seem like sarah palin *hahahaha* those are jus dumbass mistakes from a dumbass kid who had no father so had kno guidance...now if he !@#$s up again im a quit being his lawyer... the defense rest...

In light of the new evidence the prosecution is dropping all thug like charges your honor...

Lynch is a thug

sports analysts know no more than you do - they just have a platform to spout their nonsense

You are stupid. Marshawn is a tough football player, who will have a tremendous year with above average blocking. I love him on the Bills, and you should too. Oh, and by the way this is football in 2009. Every team has some thugs. That is the nature of the sport, and the type of people and mentality the game attracts. The guy has made some mistakes. But a guy with his kind of talent will get more chances to succeed as he should.

Are you woozy? Did Marshawn hit you with his car?

Actually, I have heard Favre referred to as a redneck more than once.

Guest dog14787
You are stupid. Marshawn is a tough football player, who will have a tremendous year with above average blocking. I love him on the Bills, and you should too. Oh, and by the way this is football in 2009. Every team has some thugs. That is the nature of the sport, and the type of people and mentality the game attracts. The guy has made some mistakes. But a guy with his kind of talent will get more chances to succeed as he should.

Did you just call Spartacus stupid and then agree with him? His opinion is Fred Jackson is a better play maker then Marshawn and theirs really nothing stupid about his opinion. Many other posters on this board also feel like Marshawn Lynch is overrated and Fred Jackson is a better play maker.

The Bills can't have enough good (hopefully great) WRs and it will be interesting to see how many red zone targets emerge this year. TO, Hardy and Nelson should present come height challenges and could open things up for Reed/Evans or the run game for that matter - IF the OL and Edwards can do their job (but that could be a big IF).

Lynch is a thug

I think of Lynch as more of an idiot than a thug. For me, it would be an impossible to deal with problem if Lynch really had a thug lifestyle where he had to go out and routinely and randomly attack folks (if this were the case the Bills should run and not walk from this contract).

However, Lynch seems to me to be pursuing other juvenile interests (drinking and partying on Chippewa, thinking he is so important someone is gunning for him and the other idiocy that a handgun is gonna actually protect him if someone is gunning for him) and in the course of these other misguided things exercises incredibly stupid judgment.

Yes, I think this is a problem, but it is not an issue (yet) for me as the long arm of the NFL is disciplining this little boy in hopes that he starts acting like an adult.

For the Bills in the cruel world of contracts, Lynch provides enough of a performance upside that makes him a problem worth trying to deal with until he actually demonstrates a thuggish lifestyle which drives him out of the NFL(ala Pac-Man and Chris Henry seem headed that way).

The Bills would be foolish to view this as some choice between Jackson or Lynch when he seems clear that as a 1-2 punch these two players make each other better. Lynch needs disciplining as he is getting it, in the interim, the Bills being able to put forward a front of Jackson, Rhodes and Lynch (once his suspension ends which I suspect will be cut down to 2 games if he is keeping his nose clean this spring and early summer).

However, simply calling him a thug seems like drawing conclusions based on his outward appearance rather than how he gets along with the team (reports I hear are the generally he is a solid guy unlike drug fiends like Travis Henry or true thugs like Pac-Man.

Is it still possible the Bills could trade a WR?

With T.O., Evans, Reed, Parish, Johnson, Jenkins, Hardy currently on the roster with TE Nelson playing more like a WR then a TE could the Bills trade one or more away for future draft picks or a player? It would not shock me if it happened.

Even Jackson could be used as a WR with his skill sets being on the field at the same time with Lynch.

The question is, who would the Bills let go in a trade somewhere in the near future? What what would they expect back in return for a Win/Win situation?

Every team makes roster decisions. Every team will tell you how they are loaded at the WR position - great potential, so hard to cut this guy full of promise, etc.

An aging TO, Evans the Untough, reliable slow-footed Reed, Parish why-o-why a #2 pick, unproven 2nd year catchers, rookie spread offense 4th round Tight End...loaded? :rolleyes:

I love Lynch, but you have to be kidding about Favre. He has been called REDNECK much more than Lynch has been called thug.

Every team makes roster decisions. Every team will tell you how they are loaded at the WR position - great potential, so hard to cut this guy full of promise, etc.

An aging TO, Evans the Untough, reliable slow-footed Reed, Parish why-o-why a #2 pick, unproven 2nd year catchers, rookie spread offense 4th round Tight End...loaded? :rolleyes:

The thing which made this loaded observation different is that the Bills have not simply the subjective pre-season claim of being loaded but in fact they have devoted their cap room to this area greater than any other.

The question is really a more objectively measurable bang for the buck.

IMHO this is:

Evans- BFB- Not yet. He is paid like a Pro Bowler but despite some great demographics (his speed his real and he has shown an ability to make catches in traffic) he simply has not been a consistent producer. The sometimes outstanding performances lead me to conclude that him not providing the bang for the buck is likely due to his never having had a #2 that forced the opponent not to focus on him. We have seen what can happen when the other team stupidly chooses to single cover him (over 200 yards receiving in one game and a 3 TD game in another. I have no problem with him being a part of declaring us loaded even if you want to label him subjectively as untough.

TO- BFB- We will see. However all the signs point toward this working out for at least a year. TO is aging as you note, but actually this is one thing that makes him fit well here because he is not our #1 WR Evans is. The two things operating in the Bills favor are that even if TO continues to degrade in talent as we all do as we get older, a fall off from his previous Pro-Bowl worthy achievements are still far better than anything we have had at #2 since PP teamed with Moulds. The second thing is that TO has a demonstrated record of being a prima donna cancer for his team. However, the demonstrated record is that his first year with his teams have been great and it goes downhill from there. If TO has even a declined from HOF production and is on tolerable behavior for the one year we have him under contract, this is a great thing IMHO. I easily can see him being part of a claim of being loaded. I think you are simply wrong in your subjective cut on Evans but agree with your description of TO as aging, but the answer is who cares if an aging TO should prove to be far more productive than our recent #2s.

Parrish- He was a number 2 because of his speed. The Bills have never really made consistent use of that capability, but this strikes me as a problem more rooted in our coaches than the player. Parrish has proved to be an excellent player on PR duty. His production in this role shows that his potential speed and his open field running ability are actually the real deal and not mere wishful thinking. For this watcher also, I have been impressed with Parrish's willingness to play the slot with such a small body. I think he has demonstrated the heart of a football player with his PR accomplishments and some examples of tough work in the slot.

However, from his immediate injury in his first camp to a few dings he has suffered in season I think his heart is actually bigger than his small body. I think we should go with 3WRs as our base O, with Parrish in the slot. I think Evans will often demand a dt due to his speed and proven ability to lay a major hurting on a team with his plus 250 yd. game and multi-TD games (he will not and has not done this every time, but has done this enough he forces the opposing DC to dt him to stop him in that one game right now). I think even an aging TO is unlikely to be a fulltime #1 WR threat as he was in his youth, but we plan for him to be a #2. His RAC ability really demands an over and under dt on him as well.

Adding Parrish and his speed threat in at the slot simply force the opponent into a dime or the zone.

Parrish is likely to not survive the season, bu no matter, if Evans and TO get off to a hot start then even without the Parrish threat Reed gets to re-enact the situation he did well with as a rookie when he used the dt demands of Moulds and PP to allow him to pick apart zones with his even more precise route running now that he is a vet.

Add to this mix that this team can also throw the big body and disappointing as a rookie talents of Hardy into the mix and the surprisingly good production of big boy (6'3") Steve Johnson into the mix and I think by any objective view this team is loaded at WR.

...is that the Bills' opponents this season are shuddering about facing these loaded receivers, their QB, their OCs' play calling, and the fact that cap money was devoted? :thumbdown:

I doubt any of the Bills opponents are shuddering because the Bills aint done nothing yet.

The key for the Bills strikes me as the coaches need to design and run an O that lets these players achieve up to their likely level of capability:

1. Evans has proven he can be episodically great but appears to have not been consistently great as the Bills have not had reasonable production from their #2 WR and the Bills have yet to mount an overall effective O (you may have some other theory that lays this on Evans toughness but I have not seen any compelling case made this is true so please make it if you can).

2. TO has produced HOF numbers in his career but proven to be a cancer for a team a year or so after he gets there. I see no problem with him dropping off from HOF #s and still be a far more productive #2 than we have had (and Evans has never had since Moulds imploded in this role). Do you disagree and if so for what reasons.

3. Parrish clearly has great speed and on PR has demonstrated he can be a very good open field runner. I agree durability is an issue, but ironically this probably stems in part in that though his body is to small to take consistent pounding he is not afraid to rumble. On the face of it if you buy into the concept that both Evans and TO deserve consideration of whether you dt them that this creates a problem to be addressed when you add the threat of Parrish speed and openfield ability to the mix. Again do you disagree and if so why.

4. Reed was a big time disappointment for a Biletnikoff winner. He is not good enough to be a #2 much less a #1. However, why do you see a problem with him being a #4 if we have 3 alternatives ahead of him (translate that to mean loaded). Even if (and likely when) he is pressed into service because Parrish goes down the demand of him is that he re-enact the accomplishments of his rookie year when he showed he could pick on zones caused by Moulds and PPs threats. I like Reed as a back-up #3 IF abd Evans/TO threat is established and actually more likely if we run an empty backfield as we did several times last year.

5. and 6. when you add to these assets the possibilities offered by much ballyhooed but still disappointing but you can't teach tall Hardy and the actually more productive Steve Johnson as your back back back-ups it hard for me see how anyone can deride this group based on quality.

Will the coaching braintrust actually not put these players in a position to make the plays they can make.

Yep, this is quite possible, but its pre-season and we have an unbeaten record so why anyone would not see the potential here is not really logical iMHO.