Jets Pace Suspended

I hate to say it, but maybe that's how he came out of relatively nowhere a couple of years ago. Might be mighty tempting to someone on the margins (either of just making the League or, slightly up the food chain, of starting) to start using. Ross Tucker wrote a good column on that temptation a ways back on SI.com. I don't know if I'd call this good news, however, in that even though it takes out an opponent's key player, it's almost like rooting for an injury, which isn't too cool and gives bad karma besides.....

I hate to say it, but maybe that's how he came out of relatively nowhere a couple of years ago. Might be mighty tempting to someone on the margins (either of just making the League or, slightly up the food chain, of starting) to start using. Ross Tucker wrote a good column on that temptation a ways back on SI.com. I don't know if I'd call this good news, however, in that even though it takes out an opponent's key player, it's almost like rooting for an injury, which isn't too cool and gives bad karma besides.....

Well most players in the NFL are on HGH. Its an undetectable substance by the NFL testing policy (because they don't do blood tests). There is also just too much money on the line for players not to cheat. About 75% of the league is on HGH or some sort of other PED.

I have the same problem with over the counter alcohol in little 12 oz cans (beer)

This over the counter cheating is really getting old

I guess this is the new trend in professional sports, "I bought it at the store and I just didn't know"

Well most players in the NFL are on HGH. Its an undetectable substance by the NFL testing policy (because they don't do blood tests). There is also just too much money on the line for players not to cheat. About 75% of the league is on HGH or some sort of other PED.

From what I understand about HGH, it mainly just makes recovery time quicker in terms of muscle fatigue, which apparently mainly helps older players (a la Rodney "HGH" Harrison)--is there a muscle building benefit to it as well? What other kind of PED's are you talking about--are there others that aren't tested for as well?

You may be right, but I'd hate to think that 75% of the League is on something they shouldn't be on--football would be no better than baseball if that's correct.....

From what I understand about HGH, it mainly just makes recovery time quicker in terms of muscle fatigue, which apparently mainly helps older players (a la Rodney "HGH" Harrison)--is there a muscle building benefit to it as well? What other kind of PED's are you talking about--are there others that aren't tested for as well?

You may be right, but I'd hate to think that 75% of the League is on something they shouldn't be on--football would be no better than baseball if that's correct.....

HGH also helps you build muscle by letting you work out more because your body will need less time in between lifting secessions to recover(steroids have the same effect you still need to workout to have them work). It also prevents injuries during the year because let say you get a minor injury HGH will help you heal that faster and it won't get worse.

HGH is rampant in the NFL. Think about it Lineman are 6 foot 6 340 pounds and can run faster than most people on the planet. Thats just not natural. Football is worse than baseball (PED wise) the only reason Baseball gets so much sh-- is because the records in baseball are viewed with more awe. In football we just don't care about the records so PED's don't really matter as much to some fans.

It sucks but when there are millions of dollars on the line people will find some way to cheat the system.

To fail an NFL drug test for steroids your Testosterone level has to be 5X higher than the normal range. The range is approximately 247-1200. Not too hard to beat that.

Is that true '5x higher' thing?

Would you not have to set some type of 'base' level for each individual? Does your testosterone level fluctuate that much? Just questions i have. Maybe someone on here is a Medical Dr and can help out with that. Yeah what am i thinking nobody on here is smart enough to be a Dr(me included).

I have the same problem with over the counter alcohol in little 12 oz cans (beer)

This over the counter cheating is really getting old

I guess this is the new trend in professional sports, "I bought it at the store and I just didn't know"

IIRC, they don't get suspended til the third positive test. So he would have to be a severe dumbass to do that three times.

Guest dog14787
i have no knowledge about stuff like this, but I still can't believe half the stuff in this thread due to the sheer amount of bs posted daily.

Hi my favorite Avatar, I've missed you :thumbsup: