Al Franken becomes Senator

VABills hit it right on the head--just another comedian in office. Of course, he will compliment, on the national level, the entire comedy troupe that seeks to inhabit the NYS Senate chambers....

Jesus, Al %$(&ing Franken!

VABills hit it right on the head--just another comedian in office. Of course, he will compliment, on the national level, the entire comedy troupe that seeks to inhabit the NYS Senate chambers....

Jesus, Al %$(&ing Franken!

He is going to flatter the NYS Senators? Why? He already has the job...

We conservatives don't need to watch or listen to them. These days, we just let the liberals do it and then come back here and report to us about whatever nonsense they think they're hearing.

Zing!!! :o

Most people have forgotten this; that Gore did not carry Tennessee (or his predecessor's state, Arkansas) in 2000. Thank you for reminding us.

+1. The Democrats have about 18 months with the super majority. I predict the Republicans will pick up 4 or 5 Senate seats in 2010.

Although this may not be as bad as we think...the Dems have to walk in lockstep, and all of them have to be present. Byrd's been in the hospital, and Kennedy's fighting his brain tumor. It has to be 60. It can't be 58.

And that's just it. Who says Nelson or Lieberman or Landrieu are going along with every bit of Obama's agenda? I didn't think this was such a big deal for the Coleman camp to fight it as long as they did.

Gore couldn't even carry his own state in that election.

Its never good for any party, Republican or Democrat, to have full control. There will be no checks and balance. This is good news for Dems as they can do what they want, but they better hurry because the tide will turn back in 2010 when people realize how much control they have.

It's also pretty cool that Florida responded in 2004 in favor of red by better than 300,000.

Franken will make a fine senator, following in the legacy of Paul Wellstone. Graduated from Harvard with honors, he's very intelligent and articulate. He'll drive the conservatives nuts with his progressive views, which is just fine with me.

He'll drive the conservatives nuts with his progressive views, which is just fine with me.

Did you just admit that you enjoy the intense polarization that our government has become? That's why Franken was elected. He's going to be over-the-top in his opposition, and you guys get off on that stuff.

Did you just admit that you enjoy the intense polarization that our government has become? That's why Franken was elected. He's going to be over-the-top in his opposition, and you guys get off on that stuff.

He won't be over the top, but the conservatives will represent anything he does as over the top. He'll be like Paul Wellstone or Russ Feingold. But their type of pragmatic progressive views drive conservatives crazy. And conservatives being upset is a good indicator that progressive policies are being put forth, which are the policies I agree with.

He won't be over the top, but the conservatives will represent anything he does as over the top. He'll be like Paul Wellstone or Russ Feingold. But their type of pragmatic progressive views drive conservatives crazy. And conservatives being upset is a good indicator that progressive policies are being put forth, which are the policies I agree with.

Al Franken's Best work- Baggage Handler #1 in Trading Places.

Will the Dems party if Franken dies?

What are the "progressive policies" that you agree with?

Would love to hear them.