Taking of Pelham 123

FluffHead

saw it tonight. denzel and travolta were very good. worth the price of admission, one of those intense movies where its over before you know it and you feel like you just sat in your seat a few minutes ago.

I went to see it this past weekend...I enjoyed it. I loved the original, and think they did a good job of modernizing the story. It just so happened, the night I saw it, the original was on TNT, or one of the commercial full stations...if they ever wanted to do a study on how much modern technology would have changed classic flicks, this would be a perfect example.

I think Denzel, Joh Turrentino (sp?) and Gandolfini were excellent...Travolta was pretty good, but he sometimes teeters on the overacting line for me.

A little trivia: Gandolfini, who played Tony Soprano, gets to share credits in this flick, with Michael Rizzpoli, the original Don of the Jersey family in the Sopranos...Rizzpoli, incidently, played Denzels boss, the one who sent him home early, in the flick!

I haven't seen the remake. I liked the original. I saw it maybe 3 years ago when I DVRd it off HBO5 or whatever. I didn't know anything about it. The title just caught my eye because of the reference in the Beastie Boys song

On a side note: I'm guessing that is where Tarantino got the inspiration for the color name aliases in Reservoir Dogs.