Boss Bailey released by Broncos

cossack

Just reported on Sirius NFL radio that Denver released Boss Bailey. He is still young and if he's over his injuries, he might be an intriguing option instead of Ellison..... Decent size, well-suited to the 4-3 Defense......

Just reported on Sirius NFL radio that Denver released Boss Bailey. He is still young and if he's over his injuries, he might be an intriguing option instead of Ellison..... Decent size, well-suited to the 4-3 Defense......

The Bills FO defiantly has to look into this. I give them credit for going after Pisa but not breaking the bank for him. If they get the right price than why not when he is healthy he is a lot better than Elison.

Injured, injured and injured.

The guy got released from the Broncos because he was STILL not ready to play football and missed all of their mini-camps. When he's healthy, he's a good fit...but the guy might not be able to go full steam until midseason.

The guy got released from the Broncos because he was STILL not ready to play football and missed all of their mini-camps. When he's healthy, he's a good fit...but the guy might not be able to go full steam until midseason.

No problem - he'll be able to help us hold the division lead we build in the early season, then he'll be acclimated for the long playoff run!

I mean can we really go into the season with bowen, ellison, and harris (Pat thomas too I think) as possible starters at Strong side LB? I hope not, those guys are all good back up options, but we need to upgrade that position if possible-

Who's the Boss?

Linky

Boss Bailey-LB- Broncos Jun. 17 - 12:36 pm et

Broncos released LB Boss Bailey.

Despite his offseason microfracture knee surgery, Bailey was thought to be guaranteed a spot after receiving a March roster bonus. The Broncos, flush with linebacker depth after moving to a 3-4 scheme, no longer had room to carry Champ's injury-prone brother. Bailey is not yet recovered enough to practice and admitted he "still has some work to do" to get ready to play with another team.

Source: National Football Post

I'm not saying the Bills wont look into Boss Bailey. Odds are they already have. But his injury will scare them off, methinks. I dont see the Bills going into the season with the OLBs they have, they will add a vet before/during training camp to compete.

One other thing to note is that Jauron is VERY familiar with Bailey. Coached against him, then had him as a player for a couple of years when Jauron was a DC and HC with Detroit.

One player who the Bills might look into though is Alex Stepanovich, who just got released from the Falcons (after they signed Newberry). He's started a handful of games in the NFL at Center and I remember the Bills being high on this guy when he was drafted several years ago.

Would be a good depth move at Center and allow us to keep a guy like McKinney focused solely on backing up the Guards.

Who's the Boss?

Linky

Boss Bailey-LB- Broncos Jun. 17 - 12:36 pm et

Broncos released LB Boss Bailey.

Despite his offseason microfracture knee surgery, Bailey was thought to be guaranteed a spot after receiving a March roster bonus. The Broncos, flush with linebacker depth after moving to a 3-4 scheme, no longer had room to carry Champ's injury-prone brother. Bailey is not yet recovered enough to practice and admitted he "still has some work to do" to get ready to play with another team.

Source: National Football Post

You have to pay the cost to be the boss. As far as the injury issue I think its worth a chance. No team is going to be able to give him big money or a long term deal because of it. The Bills should offer a one year incentive latent deal and try to catch lightning in a bottle with this guy. If he goes out and gets injured than oh well we just put in Elison. Its worth the chance.

One player who the Bills might look into though is Alex Stepanovich, who just got released from the Falcons (after they signed Newberry). He's started a handful of games in the NFL at Center and I remember the Bills being high on this guy when he was drafted several years ago.

Would be a good depth move at Center and allow us to keep a guy like McKinney focused solely on backing up the Guards.

The Bills are lacking a true backup center. I don't know much about this guy but its a move I could see the Bills making. Even if the Bills don't get Stepanovich I still think they should be in the market for a backup center. Although Wood could shift over but if the FO really wants Wood to be a guard than they need at least another pure center on the roster.

You have to pay the cost to be the boss. As far as the injury issue I think its worth a chance. No team is going to be able to give him big money or a long term deal because of it. The Bills should offer a one year incentive latent deal and try to catch lightning in a bottle with this guy. If he goes out and gets injured than oh well we just put in Elison. Its worth the chance.

Agree. This is a better bet than taking the chance on Bowen or Ellison. Git 'er done!

I love the way you think. That's the kind of stuff that can make a difference.

Yeah, he is injured and that too before he signed with the Bills. :wallbash: