Anyone here in web development?

I have a concept for a website but I need some help in figuring out what it would take to put it together. It would involve member registration, messaging and file transfer between members and online payments. I don't think it's anything beyond what's being done these days. Just want to know what I'd be getting into to launch something like this.

PTR

I have a concept for a website but I need some help in figuring out what it would take to put it together. It would involve member registration, messaging and file transfer between members and online payments. I don't think it's anything beyond what's being done these days. Just want to know what I'd be getting into to launch something like this.

PTR

I'm not an expert, but have done some web development ... it's not too dificult once you learn the basics ... I've done that all before ... expect for the online payments part ... there's pre-canned php based programs to do all this. How big of a site are you talking?

PTR

Sounds like a coupla hundred hours of programming time/QA, etc. About $20K if you have an interactive shop do the work. But thats off the top of my head. Who is doing your creative? Add another $5K to your costs if your having someone else do it.

Dont forget your monthly hosting nut, too.

if you have a more detailed spec I can get you a pretty good idea.

all of it sounds easy minus the online payment part - that can get tricky.

I have a ukranian programmer who does most of my projects very quickly and cheaply.