Anybody Been To Foxborough?

Pictures.......please!

Sorry, those are for me only :devil:

But on a side note, anybody know of an easy way to get there from NYC? I'm gonna probably have to take a half-day off from work, but I don't want to take any more days than I have to. That next morning is going to be bad though...that's for sure.

Sorry, those are for me only :devil:

But on a side note, anybody know of an easy way to get there from NYC? I'm gonna probably have to take a half-day off from work, but I don't want to take any more days than I have to. That next morning is going to be bad though...that's for sure.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRING ON THE PICS!!!!!!

My girlfriend is buying me tickets to the season opener in Foxborough for our Anniversary.

Basically, I want to know is if I will get beaten up / gang raped by the Pats* fans, and if there is a strong contingent of Bills fans there.

* as a side note, my girlfriend will be safe, as she's a Pats* fan. She loves Tommie boy, and I hate myself every day for it.

Your girlfriend better be hot to put up with that. LOL

Sorry, those are for me only :lol:

:devil:

But on a side note, anybody know of an easy way to get there from NYC?

Drive. 3 hours straight up I-95. But be sure to avoid evening rush hour through Fairfield County, New Haven and Providence.

Drive. 3 hours straight up I-95. But be sure to avoid evening rush hour through Fairfield County, New Haven and Providence.

No car :devil:

Most people from the city don't.

And I would prefer to not spend $150 renting a car from the city, if possible. Already did that once, and it hurt.

No car :lol:

And I would prefer to not spend $150 renting a car from the city, if possible. Already did that once, and it hurt.

So you're not sure how to behave at Gillette Stadium, you don't want to take any time off from work to attend an out-of-town night game, you don't know how to get yourself from NYC to Foxboro, and you don't want to spend much money...maybe you should just sell the tickets and watch the game on TV? :devil:

So you're not sure how to behave at Gillette Stadium, you don't want to take any time off from work to attend an out-of-town night game, you don't know how to get yourself from NYC to Foxboro, and you don't want to spend much money...maybe you should just sell the tickets and watch the game on TV? :devil:

Well that's why I'm asking around here. I AM taking time off from work, probably a half day, to get to Gillette. Just not the day after most likely. And about how to get to Foxboro, I was referring more to public transportation, like a Bus or Train. And I think we would all want to be as economical as possible for anything nowadays, wouldn't you? I mean, if I can spend $50 for a bus instead of $150 for a car, I'd be a happy man.

Well that's why I'm asking around here. I AM taking time off from work, probably a half day, to get to Gillette. Just not the day after most likely. And about how to get to Foxboro, I was referring more to public transportation, like a Bus or Train. And I think we would all want to be as economical as possible for anything nowadays, wouldn't you? I mean, if I can spend $50 for a bus instead of $150 for a car, I'd be a happy man.

Bolt Bus

Mega Bus

No car :wallbash:

Waddya mean? Everyone's got a car in the city. That's what Hell's Kitchen is for: parking.

As for car rental; check out the rates in Stamford. Rental cars are right at the Metro North stop; 40 minutes non-stop from GCT.

If you don't mind sitting next to a chicken, the Fung Wah bus runs from Chinatown to Boston for pretty cheap. Don't know if they stop in FB but you could probably bribe the driver for $5. Plus, it's better than even money that they won't roll the bus over on the trip, so you gotta like those odds.

Not sure you're going to find any public transportation at 1am after the game though, but I like the moxie in thinking you will be at work the next day. Reminds me of Game 7 of the ALCS a couple years ago in Fenway. My brother and I got completely sh-- faced at the game and I crashed on his couch. Woke up at 7am and had to drive 2.5 hrs home for a 10am conference call. Good times.