Congrats to the GREAT Mike Florio

Rico

I like Florio alot

does this mean no more PFT?

The network will announce by Monday that it has formed a wide-ranging partnership with Florio's Profootballtalk.com - known as PFT to its legions of readers - with plans to make it a permanent feature at the top of the NBC Sports site. Terms of the deal have not been announced.

"The sites that are most successful are the ones that have the most unique voices, and I think Mike definitely has one of the most unique voices," said Dick Ebersol, chairman of NBC Sports & Olympics. "I can't think of another pro football website that has the unique following in such large numbers that Mike does. I'd be a fool if I tried to change that."
:nana:

"We look at it as a high-impact media platform," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said. "It's phenomenal what he created, and it's very clear that most people in the business look at it. It has impact."
:oops:

Al Michaels, play-by-play man for NBC's "Sunday Night Football," said he checks the site almost daily, and sometimes several times a day.

"Over the past couple of years, he's been as wired into the NFL as anybody," Michaels said. "It's not that he gets every single thing right, but he's clearly got a really good pipeline for information."

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

What? That flamebot has been mainstream for years. When he's not reporting incorrect news about the death of Terry Bradshaw, he's not following up on the Corey McIntyre story. He has no credibility in my book and never will.

When PFT had a server outage a few months back (at the beginning of free agency), it may have been the best thing that ever happened to them. NBC hosted them temporarily on their blog site and had a massive increase in hits from what was their normal number.

Good job Mike!

What? That flamebot has been mainstream for years. When he's not reporting incorrect news about the death of Terry Bradshaw, he's not following up on the Corey McIntyre story. He has no credibility in my book and never will.

I emailed him about the ALL TIME BAD PLAYER LIST or whatever it was. It included Corey Mac. I took a shot at Florio for that.

Although GOBILLS78... He did follow up on it by putting a tiny "Update" under the same post that read "Corey charged for etc..etc..."

But who's gonna see that? :nana:

Florio's come a long way. Yes he sensationalizes for the sake of traffic (what site doesn't...witness the ridiculous ESPN Insiders post from today) but he also has a lot of credible sources, has broken numerous big stories, and has crusaded on issues such as Michael Vick (when it looked like state prosecutors wanted to let the issue die), contact in non-contact drills, the need for a rookie wage scale, etc. He was at the forefront of these and many issues.

If you're the sort of person to judge a person/organization and then never give them a second chance (yes he misreported Terry Bradshaw's rumored death, and has acknowledged this many times) then he's a condemned man. But if you believe that people change/improve and you appreciate his self-deprecating, I-am-not-anything-but-an-internet-hack disposition, along with his intelligence, wit, and solid reportage (sprinkled in with creampuffs), then you'll give him a chance.

The guy started a law firm in which he still works. He works harder than most any "journalist" out there. He does work for Sporting News, has a regular spot on The Dan Patrick Show, and many, many, NFL players have acknowledged that he's their first source for daily NFL news.

Congratulations Mike. It's good to see that your hard work and commitment have paid off.