The sky is falling!!!

WWVaBeach

Guest dog14787
What we really gotta figure out here, is who the hell is going to get sued over this! :thumbsup:

Exactly, if you can't walk down the road without getting hit with a meteorite somethings wrong. :unsure:

What we really gotta figure out here, is who the hell is going to get sued over this! :thumbsup:

NASA? They should have seen it coming. better do it quick though, the big O wants to shut them down and use the money for who knows what.

The first line of the article:

A 14-year old German boy was hit in the hand by a pea-sized meteorite that scared the bejeezus out of him and left a scar.

I don't know whether the sky is falling but journalistic standards sure are. Since when did the "word" bejeezus replace the proper English word crap?

Guest dog14787
How could the thing be going so fast as to bury itself into the pavement of a road, but bounce off the kid's head?

Grazed his hand :thumbsup:

The first line of the article:

I don't know whether the sky is falling but journalistic standards sure are. Since when did the "word" bejeezus replace the proper English word crap?

Many blogs from Europe contain poor, street language. By our standards anyway. Then again, we are a smug whippersnapper in their eyes.

How the hell didn't it kill the kid when it stuck in the road after bouncin' off his melon?? :thumbsup:

How the hell didn't it kill the kid when it stuck in the road after bouncin' off his melon?? :thumbsup:

There's definitely a bit of exaggeration going on in that story. If it hit him hard enough to send him flying and bury itself in the road, it would have to do a good amount of damage to his hand.

Guest dog14787
There's definitely a bit of exaggeration going on in that story. If it hit him hard enough to send him flying and bury itself in the road, it would have to do a good amount of damage to his hand.

If you pull up Lori's link and then go to the original report ( the Telegraph reports) it sounds like the scar he received is a nasty one. I'm fairly confident it was probably the impact with the road that may have knocked the young fella off his feet, it just happened so fast his account of what happened is probably a little hazy.

If you pull up Lori's link and then go to the original report ( the Telegraph reports) it sounds like the scar he received is a nasty one. I'm fairly confident it was probably the impact with the road that may have knocked the young fella off his feet, it just happened so fast his account of what happened is probably a little hazy.

It is a tiny scar. One that looks like it would heal in a week or so.