Go Ron!

http://rawstory.com/08/news/2009/06/11/us-...t-the-fed-bill/

Big fan of Paul's. Hope this one gets through. I'm really pleasantly surprised by the bipartisan support. Most of the support is from the Republican side but nice to see some Democratic push as well. Will be interesting to see how far this gets until it gets blown out of the water.

Yes, because the media didn't give him the time of day he can't be legit, right?

It was unfortunate watching the early Republican debates early in the primary season last year. Whenever Ron Paul spoke everybody gave him the debate equivalent of "Haha you're just crazy Ron, shut up."

It was unfortunate watching the early Republican debates early in the primary season last year. Whenever Ron Paul spoke everybody gave him the debate equivalent of "Haha you're just crazy Ron, shut up."

I don't think he's personally crazy....his followers though?

What's so unreasonable about questioning Ron Paul's unparalleled popularity in the White Supremacist/Nationalist/Separatist community?

And your boy, Obama, happens to be popular with many Black Panthers and Communists and Islamic Fundamentalists in this country. So can I make the same nonsensical inference about Obama that you're making about Ron Paul, even though Ron Paul has repeatedly gone on record in denouncing the bigots that have supported him?

I've said it here before but here it is again...libertarian types would be more honest with us and each other if they just came out of the closet and admit they don't want to live around minorities.

Yeah, because open borders is pretty conducive to that line of "thinking".

I've said it here before but here it is again...libertarian types would be more honest with us and each other if they just came out of the closet and admit they don't want to live around minorities.

You're probably conflating those "libertarian types" with "paleocon types." Libertarianism, by definition, sees people as autonomous individuals to be judged on their own merit and behavior; bigotry sees people as walking stereotypes to be prejudged on irrational simplifications like, say, skin color. Therefore, any self-proclaimed libertarian who embraces racism is not actually a libertarian. You, on the other hand, are very much a political bigot because you just used the non sequitor blanket statement that "libertarian types" don't like to "live around minorities."

Yeah, none of those are hate groups.

Way to completely miss the point, genius.

I probably need to spell it out for you: you can't judge a politician's personal opinions by the often disparate subsets of voters who - for whatever their reasons - choose to support said politician. You go by the politician's individual statements and records of political accomplishments.

Many white supremacists liked Ron Paul because of his anti-big federal government agenda, which happens to be a favorable concept in the South. It's a shame that racism also happens to garner favorability in the South. But it would be completely asinine to think the two ideas are somehow related.

(And by the way, the New Black Panthers and Islamic fundamentalists are very much hate groups in the same vein as white supremacists).

(And by the way, the New Black Panthers and Islamic fundamentalists are very much hate groups in the same vein as white supremacists).

No, they're not.

And yeah, I got the point. Politicians sometimes hang around with shady characters. My point: some of those shady characters are in hate groups, others not so much.

Way to completely miss the point, genius.

I probably need to spell it out for you: you can't judge a politician's personal opinions by the often disparate subsets of voters who - for whatever their reasons - choose to support said politician. You go by the politician's individual statements and records of political accomplishments.

Many white supremacists liked Ron Paul because of his anti-big federal government agenda, which happens to be a favorable concept in the South. It's a shame that racism also happens to garner favorability in the South. But it would be completely asinine to think the two ideas are somehow related.

what are you doing applying logic around here?

No, they're not.

And yeah, I got the point. Politicians sometimes hang around with shady characters. My point: some of those shady characters are in hate groups, others not so much.

This is !@#$ing absurd. I don't want to delve into an argument over whose unsavory supporters are more hate-filled. My point is that Ron Paul is no more a black and Jew hating racist than Obama is a white and Christian hating racist.

If you leftists need to attack Ron Paul, then attack him on the issues...that is, assuming you can even understand them. Because from my experience, leftist liberals don't even know what the Federal Reserve is or why it exists or how it operates.

That was the point of this thread, wasn't it? To talk about the auditing of the Federal Reserve?