Interesting situation in St. Louis with Rams

St Louis fans are not that nervous about losing them. The way the Rams have been playing they will pack the moving vans. St Louis fans zero interest in financing a new stadium which by contract they are required to do or the team is allowed to move, they loathe the seat licenses they have already bought and and watching games in the dome absolutely sucks.

I read that the city has to agree that the dome remains within the top 8 in the league ( I don't know the criteria is on that). But since their dome was built, there have been 23 other stadiums built or renovated (including the renovation at RWS). St. Louis is not so quick to want to put money into that, so the Rams can use an escape clause to get out.

I think it is very interesting because I didn't anticipate another team going through this before the Bills were placed in a similar situation. I think we'll see exactly what knid of groups in LA are looking for a team and what kind of money and stadium plans they have as well as what kind of support the the owners give to them.

There are plenty of wealthy people in St. Louis that could buy the team, but it seems like there are many roadblocks like cross ownership rules pertaining to other sport franchises and so forth. A move back to LA is logical, but they need a stadium. My bet is on LA because they have plenty of people with the money that have been waiting and the city of Industry is waiting to build a stadium- contingent upon a team moving there. The timing might finally be right for LA to get a team again.

the league and the networks do not want a team in LA.

they only want the leverage of threatening to move a team to LA so they can extort new stadiums from the existing locations.

the networks now have the flexibility of televising the best games each week.